Hollywood Beach Tower
Mariner Motel(Hollywood)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsmurphy bedhollywood beachfull kitchendining tablepool and hot tubocean sideparking is tightchange towelsgeneral managerfront desk staffthe security guardbeach towelsgreat vacationlocation is excellentpool area isrooms are beautifulchecking in
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have enjoyed staying here each winter/spring for past several years. The location is awesome right on Hollywood Broadwalk. Lobby and Pool are nice, staff is exceptional. But.. the kitchens and baths in the units are just too far gone to be offered to the public. We still had a good time this year in unit 806 but had to struggle and try not to think much when using the kitchen and baths. They were probobly clean - based on all that we could see in the unit but they are deteriorated so badly that it is really hard to know if they are clean or not. The furnishing and other features of the unit were average/fine, but Kitchen and bath could only be described as totally worn out and visually disturbing. They are starting to do gut renovations to the units - and the renovated units we saw were awesome. (Had only done 3 units as of Jan 2013) We may hold off on returning here until renovations are complete.

Room Tip: pick 5th floor and up for best views. parking deck behind property blocks views to intercoastal waterway on lower floors. Ocenfront units all have nice views.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mildred R, Owner Services at Hollywood Beach Tower, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for your positive review regarding your recent stay here at the Tower. It is wonderful that you enjoyed your vacation with us. Our housekeeping staff endeavors to clean our units as quickly and thoroughly as possible; however, as you mentioned the planned renovations will certainly update the units.

We get many repeat guests such as yourself and we hope that you will once again visit with us in the future.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Location - Great! We only chose this hotel because of the oceanfront resort.

Room - One bedroom unit with two bathrooms came with mini kitchen, utensils, dining table of 4 and pull-up sofa bed. No balcony, tired, needs to be remodeled.

Pool - Old and small but the beach is right in front of you! No kiddie pool. There is a bbq grill you can rent for free at the pool.

Restaurant - Take advantage of walking on the beach boardwalk to find what you want to eat. Found thai/sushi restaurant on the south side of the hotel. Good food and very friendly staff. On the north side of the hotel, you can find plenty of restaurants. Having mimosa and looking at the beautiful ocean with live music at Marriott was very relaxing...

Organic Farmer's market - Every Sunday morning, they have organic farmer's market right in front of the hotel. It is not cheap but always fresh and tons of varieties.

Room Tip: If possible, request the room with ocean view. You don't want to face the parking garage on the oceanfront property.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

We wish to thank you for your recent review. Your satisfaction with your stay is always our first priority and it was nice to see that you had such a great visit. We have renovations planned that will update the units including all new appliances (including a dish washer for the first time), all the furniture as well as upgrades to the carpet, tile and, well….just about everything in the unit!

We look forward to your return visit – hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My stay at the Hollywood Beach Tower was almost perfect. Dee at the front desk was very nice.
The room was like a one bedroom apt. with 2 baths, kitchen, dining area, sofa bed and seperate bedroom with a bath and closet with a safe, laudry basket, iron and ironing board.
The pool was nicely heated and the hot tub was a perfect temperature. I never had to fight for a pool chair. You can see the ocean from the pool area. Very nice!! The rooms were dated (70's?), but everything was nice and functional. My only problem was that the bedroom wall was a bit thin and the family next door had no manners and were coming in late hours, being loud and waking me up. I did call the desk on the 3rd night and it got quiet very quickly after that. So, I recommend you complain sooner than later!
This is a great location within steps of the beach and broadwalk- which is full of restaurants. There is also a nice organic farmers market right outside on Sundays. The hotel did not have maid service during my stay. I actually liked that, as I wasn't ever disturbed when taking daytime rests. I also like that things weren't wasted like in a regular hotel. I didn't ask for anything, though I would guess that you could get soap, etc. if you asked.
I could always find parking without any problems. The parking lady was nice, too.
The beach is very nice- clean and calm and steps away.
Check out the Thai restaurant on the broadwalk around the corner, and the Greek restaurant on the main road!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

We would like to express our gratitude for your recent review. Since a guest’s satisfaction is our utmost priority, knowing you had a great stay with us is most encouraging. All of our staff strives to make all of our guests comfortable – responding to requests as quickly and efficiently as possible. Since all of the staff involved with your stay treated you well, this lets us know that we are on target in caring for our guests.

We hope that you will return to vacation with us again in the near future.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We arrived earlier then check in time. Had some questions about the area to decide what to do while we waited for 2pm. Checkin staff seemed more interested in talking to each other than helping us. We had to keep interrupting them with questions. We were surprised to hear the daily activities announced over the emergency load speaker system every morning, especially since they were the same daily activities listed on the paperwork provided. We asked them if they could turn that off in our room. Did not get a response and notices continued. Thank goodness we did not have sleeping children. There was no clock in the room when we arrived. They did deliver one promptly upon request. The kitchen area was small. One sink and no dishwasher. Made it difficult to do dishes. No counter space next to sink to set up dish dry rack. Had to put it on the stove burners. Everytime we opened the front door, the kitchen ceiling light panels raised from the draft. Overall room appearance was not great. The view from the room was great. Missed having a balcony or open windows to hear ocean though. Proximity to beach and boardwalk activities was a plus. The resort spa was closed for three days. We were told by other guest due to chemical imbalance. Not sure why that could not be corrected overnight like my spa is. Overall we enjoyed our vacation. If we go back to Hollywood, I think we would stay elsewhere though.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carol T
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Look at the pictures first to sort of understand what I mean.

My family and I stayed at this hotel as part of our RCI exchange program. We did our check in and they gave us 4 rubber bracelets to use at the pool area. We had to pay $5 por an extra one for my sister.

We went to our room and the door was wide open. The first thing you could see was a pot on the floor gathering water that was leaking from the cealing. The carpet was all wet and the humidity stench was terrible. The bathroom was also wet and there was hair in the bathtub.

I went back to the lobby to request another room and the lady at the front desk said that wasn't possible because they were full. I got pissed off and told her I was not going to go away until she found me another room. She said they were going to send someone to maintenance to clean the room. All of this was said in a very rude manner. I said that I didn't want that same disastrous room. Anyway, they gave us another room that was a little better, but not good. It also smell like humidity, the shower also had hairs in it and we found out it was completely clogged. Me ended up buying Lysol and all kind of cleaning products and cleaned it ourselves. The kitchen was tiny and they didn't give us all of the utensils extras like paper towel, etc. you usually get.

That same day I called for extra toilet paper and the woman on the phone told me "how come I needed more if I had just checked in?" What!? There was only one roll in each bathroom and we were 5 people.

The elevator also had water leaking from it, scary stuff. The lighting was terrible. The unit room didn't completely close, you had to pull it really hard to lock it. One morning we found feces on the hallway carpet and nobody cleaned it for the rest of the stay.

Bottom line, look at the pictures. I wouldn't recommend this place at all.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family