“This is Old Florida, not Disney Alligators” 4 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Seminole Okalee Indian Village
Ranked #26 of 63 things to do in Hollywood
More attraction details
Owner description: Seminole Okalee Indian Village introduces visitors to the unconquered spirit of the Seminole Indians. Visitors will have the opportunity to see up close some of Florida's native and introduced animal species including: the endangered Florida panther, alligators, birds, raccoons, and more. Learn about the Seminole ways of life in our replica of an 1800's Seminole Village. Group rates available. Open Wed-Sun.
Pompano Beach, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“This is Old Florida, not Disney Alligators”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

I admit, it is dirty, rickety and pretty small. But, it looks the way Florida looked when we invaded this state. They treat the animals as their children, but cautiously. This is not an overgrown tourist trap nor does it want to be. This is more like a little village that put a fence up a 100 years ago and wouldn't let anyone in to pave, dig or destroy in any other way. It is a little pricey but we made a day of it. We brought our own lunch and had a picnic while visiting; we listened and watched nature around us. You can't hear the road traffic, surprisingly. There is also a very friendly black crow that seems to rule the roost. If you want all the bells and whistles or wear your high heels, go somewhere else, this is the old Florida dirt kinda trip.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kat2Seay

West Palm Beach, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“DO NOT GO! Horrible conditions for the animals”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is the way Native Americans, who are supposed to love and respect animals, treat them? Like a road side zoo? I was horrified when I saw the conditions these animals are kept in. There is a bear living in a caged area under the parking garage! No sunlight, just exhaust fumes! All the enclosures are too small, no signage, more security than actual care takers or people to answer questions. Snakes kept in empty barren enclosures. Non native animals on display. Thank goodness we had not paid admission that day (we happened to visit on a day when they were having a special event) or I would have demanded my money back. After reading everyone else's reviews I'm shocked that PETA or other animal rights groups haven't gone after this place. It was very sad.

Visited January 2014
5 Thank Elissaszoo
Brooklyn, New York
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Do Not Go!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

While the website proclaims an authentic Native American Village with live animals, it is nothing more than a minor replica with a small zoo. Definitely not worthy of the admission fee nor the half hour car ride I made with five young grandchildren. Since I had called the day before to ask questions, I felt terribly deceived. The children were looking forward to this trip and were disappointed. This "village" is locate within the Hardrock Hotel and Casino. Need I say more?

Visited January 2014
5 Thank SuperGrandma15
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“TOTAL ROBERY DAYLIGHT RIP OFF!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Yesterday my family and I visited this place called Seminole village.first of all was not Seminole people. Just a few animals and a wrestling show that make laugh of boredom .They charged 79 dollars for a visit that was around 30 minutes.Do not waste your time,petrol and money.

Visited September 2013
8 Thank MariaJJ1965
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Very cruel conditions for the animals.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Brought my kids to see this 'village' today and all it really was, was a bunch of miserable animals including a black bear! The cats were pacing in their cages completely stressed out. A beautiful hawk kept in a small cage too which was awful. But the worst part was the bear, just lying there completely miserable. To me this place was an example of cruelty to animals. No point to it at all and has nothing to do with the 'Indian Village' way of life I expected to see. This is not a sanctuary for animals either.

14 Thank Jondanmax