“Typical Cpuntry club food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Seminole Okalee Indian Village
Ranked #29 of 63 things to do in Hollywood
More attraction details
Owner description: Seminole Okalee Indian Village introduces visitors to the unconquered spirit of the Seminole Indians. Visitors will have the opportunity to see up close some of Florida's native and introduced animal species including: the endangered Florida panther, alligators, birds, raccoons, and more. Learn about the Seminole ways of life in our replica of an 1800's Seminole Village. Group rates available. Open Wed-Sun.
Florida
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Typical Cpuntry club food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

Nothing that I can say positive or negative about the food or service. Everything was average including the ambience.

Visited October 2011
3 Thank Paulr44

San Angelo, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unfair comparison!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

I have visited this attraction several times over the past 20 years.Yes I wil admit it's not sea world, or the Miami Metro zoo, but then it's not being touted as such either.This location and it's exhibits as well as most of it's structures are signifigant in a way those other locations can't compare.That corner the exhibit is on is a snapshot into what that part of florida looked like almost all the way down to the beach , more than100 years ago! Old growth oaks, cypress , cedar and mature under growth and original, antique structures give it the authenic feel of what a village exhibit was like back in the 40's and 50's! The native animals are well represented and after just visiting there in August 2010 they are in the process of developing both their exhibits and their shows.Their exhibit is likely the only one like it in the entire state with it's authenicity and it's very unique location. I would highly recomend you visit the exhibit if you want to experience what visiting an original seminole indian village was like. And then enjoy the new and improved shows while there. It's a rare place of beauty in the busy metropolis of un-ending concrete and developments that surround it's location.The entire area once looked like indain village. Now you have to pay to see what South Florida really used to look like, and fortunately there are still some folks who have not sold out! The Anahinga gift shop north of the indian village a 1/2 mile down on the same side of the street has more indian clothes gifts jewerly ect than you could possible ever want in another very nice location so why offer that at indian village? Go and visit both locations.Go see Indian Village , Hollywood Florida. Go see the other attractions as well.Thank you.

7 Thank LLWIII
Holland, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I really like this place now”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2010

I visited this place 2 years ago and was not impressed, I came back recently, and my son wanted to see the animals. I was not expecting what I saw this park has been remodeled.
The animal exhibits look great now! I spoke to one of the staff members and told them about my last trip here was not so great. He then informed me that there under new wildlife management. The place looks great and the staff is very friendly and knowledgeable I really enjoyed time and definitely will return when im back in Florida!

4 Thank Supertrav42310
Roanoke, VA
179 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 177 helpful votes
“What a total waste of time and money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2008

There's a reason that there is a big NO REFUND sign behiond the ticket counter - this place is terrible.

There is little representation of the great Seminole people - the lady who was supposed to be "cooking" showed no interst in doing so and the animal exhibits were really pitiful. I'm not a fan of PETA, but boy should they visit this place - it is terrible.

Do not waste your time or money.

5 Thank Hokiechip
Brussels, Belgium
91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 802 helpful votes
“do not waste your time and money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2006

I cannot believe they actually have the nerve to chart $10 for admission. The place starts off with a tacky gift shop. From there, you enter what's billed as "authentic Seminole village." I cannot imagine that it is. The place is absolutely tiny. There are several animals in small cages. The bear, the two lionesses, the tiger, all looked sad and unkempt. The alligator wrestling show was, for the most part, offensive.
At the beginning, one of the employees showed the (very few) spectators 5-6 animals (started off with a snail and finished with a bobcat) and told us a little about each animal. That was fairly interesting, but very short. Then came the alligator wrestling. As avid animal lover, I was offended. The "authentic Seminole" man dove in, dragged a small alligator out of a tiny, dirty pool of water. The alligator's mouth was taped. The man untaped the mouth and proceeded to show various capture "techiques" which consisted of poking the small, sad animal with sticks, pouncing on it, and prying its jaws open. I could not stand this. Thankfully, it did not last long.
We did not see any samples of Seminole food being cooked on open fire (as promised in the brochure), even though we came on a sunny Sunday afternoon. The same man who "wrestled" the small alligator earlier, showed a few people some arts and crafts. Midway through the short presentation, he passed around this basket (he said we had to smell it) and, of course, when we did, we could not help noticing coins at the bottom of it. We felt like we had to tip him (which we did), for the extremely unremarkable, short "presentation."
Please, do yourself a favor and visit Miami Metrozoo instead. For roughly the same amount of money ($10.50 with AAA membership or $11.50 without it, you will see many animals that have plenty of space to roam, and that look happy and well fed)

13 Thank giulietta429