This was my second stay here. The location is a stones throw to the boardwalk! Very good location near the center of everything. Reasonable rates. The rooms had been refurbished and are lovely with enough room to move. Granite counters, marble floors, nice lighting, nice fridge. Our room was a King efficiency in the courtyard (#112) very handy to the Tiki bar area. The mattress needed to be replaced (sagging and tilted on one side) The property sits at the center of the boardwalk only a few hundred feet from the music stage and 50 ft from buggy rentals etc.. The beach is pristine, showers and foot cleaners every 200 ft or so along the 2.5 mile stretch. The room was immaculate, kitchen equipped okay but few utensils so ask before you come if they have what you need. There was no baking tray except for one with holes in it, okay for anything that doesn't have any liquid. I will definitely stay here again even though there were a few things I didn't care for: You can hear noise from the room over it. The parking lot situation is bad when they are full. They will have you park in the center of the lot (one car behind the other) when full which can make it impossible for some cars to get in and out and difficult at best for all of them. It was the same price to use their lot as the parking garage right across the street which is a slightly longer walk but at least you can come and go. They need to stop having the cars park in the center of the lot to alleviate the problem. Also the towel situation. You will not get a small face towel so bring one if needed. You will get one bath and one hand towel per person. The "notice" on the bathroom wall said "our room" towel trade day was Monday, Wed, Fri. from 9-11:00. We came in on Friday afternoon and needed 3 showers a day with all the heat July 4th. The office staff told us to ignore the notice and that we could trade for new towels any day (except Sunday). This info. should be on their website. Also, make sure you have plenty of Toilet tissue each day as there is no housekeeping. I did not mind it this way, just wish I had known ahead. Little things aside, it is a very nice place to stay!!!! I would have given it 5 stars if the mattress was good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean Resort by the Ocean offers Newly Renovated Studios and One Bedroom Suites with all the modern comforts featuring luxurious kitchens adorned with custom wooden cabinetry and granite counter-tops, tiled bathrooms and showers, wall-mounted flat screen televisions and complimentary WiFi Internet.Located in Historic Hollywood Beach Florida, the Caribbean Resort is just steps away from seven miles of white sandy beach and the famous Broadwalk offering 2.5 miles of paved walking, jogging and biking path lined with restaurants, nightlife and all kinds of shopping.Hollywood Beach, Florida is known as a sportsman's paradise, offering all types of water sports imaginable. Go fishing, boating or even kite-surfing nearby. How about a round of golf? Or maybe try your luck at Gulfstream Racetrack and Casino, Dania Jai-Alai or The Hard Rock Casino. World renowned South Beach is just a twenty minute drive south and and beautiful Fort-Lauderdale is only a few miles to the north. All this excitement within minutes of the Caribbean Resort!The only thing missing is you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Caribbean Resort by the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Resort Apartments Hotel Hollywood
- Caribbean Hotel Hollywood