Spent a weak at Villa Sinclair with my partner. Very conveniently located near FLL airport and away from the cookie-cutter four-star hotels. Fair value, even considering its many cheezy and over-stated aspects. Be sure that you go there understanding the following:
It is NOT beach front. There is a narrow view of beach that can be seen from a football field's distance. Ocean-front businesses block all but the view down the center of Polk Street, on which Villa Sinclair is located.
The owner appears to be a real estate agent that bought a rundown place and is trying to sell it as a thriving, quaint, French Hotel. Villa Sinclair is to quaint and French what George Bush is to spontaneous and articulate.
Decor? Think bordello reds and blacks mixed with some relatively nice artwork and furnishings--mostly. Funny example: garish disco light (actually rotated) in the bedroom. The housekeeper was kind enough to turn it on for us one evening when we were out.
A number of things did not work: The outside BBQ (no gas), the radio in the room (broken antenna), the outside radio in the BBQ area, the kitchen chairs coming apart.
Really poor quality of workmanship in converting previous house to in-suite rooms. Small, in-window a/c units, poor quality of blinds on windows. Kitchen and refrigerator small, funky and completely filled with a large array of for-sale "minibar" items that had to be moved out before we could prepare meals.
Bathroom was a real patch job. Never did figure out logic behind adjusting shower water pressure/temperature.
Lastly, don't expect things to be as presented in the copious materials on the Villa Sinclair web site. The only telephone in the room was an old fax machine.
We never saw the promised bottle of wine or pineapple. After we realized what our week's fate at Villa Sinclair comprised, we had no interest in receiving anything free from them.
You've been warned. Wish we had been.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rated 3 Diamonds AAA,3.5 Emeralds SSHVW, SEH, HBBA & first & Only BBB A+ Rated Hotel Rating since 2005 in Hollywood Beach Florida. Villa Sinclair offers oversized Studios, 1 & 2 Bedroom Beach suites very well appointed all with Full equipped Kitchen, full Bath, 32" Flat Screen TV-DVD-CD-IPod-IPhone Docking-Phone-Fax-Fast Internet. Rates include a lot of free goodies like complimentary welcome pineapple, chocolates on the bed, sun cream lotion, Beach towels, Beach chairs Cooler, Coffee, Tea, Creamer, Coconut Shampoo & conditioner & Soap, Candles, 200 FREE cable Channels, 40 FREE Dvds movies in suite, 2000 to exchange, 10 FREE Cds to listen to & 1 Hour per day/suite detailed FREE Daily Maid Service. 100 Feet from the Beach & Boardwalk, Property features 6,000SQF of Tropical Lounge, Hot tub, Sauna, 2 Outside Showers, 5 BBQs, 2 fire places, 2 Hammocks, 5 Beachside Cabanas, Outside Bathroom & Sundeck, a covered IPad Cafe Beach Lounge with FREE WIFI, IPad Rental, Espresso, Cappuccino, Teas, Bar d'Eaux, Soft Bar, with 50" Flat Screen TV Outside with cable & Netflix, 6 feet Wide Movie screen with Projector, Bicycles Rental, Free Beach toys for the kids, Laundry with washer, dryer & Iron & Iron board, VIP City wide Parking Pass or VIP Reserved Parking on Property & Property owner on site almost 24/7 to respond to all guests needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Villa Sinclair Beach Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Sinclair Beach Suites And Spa
- Villa Sinclair Beach Hotel Hollywood