“Lots of personality”

Villa Sinclair Beach Suites & Spa
Austin, Texas
“Lots of personality”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is a small Spanish-style mansion built in the early 40's, now comprising either 6 or 7 suites. Our group rented upstairs Suite #4 (Renoir Suite) for a week in early April. Our 2 BR suite (with small kitchen) was clean and about the right size for 3 or 4 people. The bathroom looked recently (and nicely) redone. The interior furnishings are generally a mix of antiques and quaint "shabby chic". However, overall, the property oozes personality. The property's strengths are 1) its grounds, which are very nicely set up for small groups to sit or lounge around, grill and dine outdoors, hang or dine under 1 of 3 commercial-grade canopies, lie in a hammock or sit around a fire pit, or soak in the hot tub (no swimming pool here), and 2) very friendly and accommodating proprietors. Very close (1 short block) to the boardwalk/beach, and about 2 short blocks to several good restaurants on Ocean Drive (on the Intracoastal Canal). The unit was extensively furnished and well stocked. I agree with lansingmitch that all one needs to do is simply read the very visible and clear instructions provided in the unit for what stocked items in the suite will be charged for, if used, and either set them aside and don't use them, or be prepared to pay for them at the posted prices. Come on, if you're going to eat the cookies or use the bag of charcoal, don't complain about having to pay for them! Just go to the store and buy your own, for God's sake. All in all, a very relaxing, satisfying stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank RandyW19
Villa-Sinclair, Owner at Villa Sinclair Beach Suites & Spa, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Guests
Thank you for your Appreciation in your Review of our Dedicated Services
as our Goal is for YOU to enjoy at its BEST the most important time of your Life:
Your Vacation!
Because you deserve it...
We do our Very Best to make it Unique
& a positively unforgettable experience!
Looking forward to see you again
As our Guests & Friends
Truly Yours,
Owner & Host

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My partner and I returned last week from 9 great days in Florida, 4 of them spent at Villa Sinclair. First off, after reading some reviews with complaints about unexpected charges, I have to say that the complaints are totally unfounded. The owner (Hughes) does indeed offer quite a few things for sale in the units (from a spa gift basset for $90) to wine to water. That said, both the contract sent prior to arrival and printed highly visible cost sheets in the units make it very clear what is free and what is not and at what cost. Frankly, I thought paying $2 for a 1/2 liter of chilled water or $16 for a decent enough bottle of wine was both reasonable and very convenient. Importantly, Hughes also provides many free extras not typically found in any lodging. For example, one night there was a movie shown outside with popcorn provided… on another (I think weds) he lights a fire, freely pours champagne and has marshmellows ready to roast. The suite itself though not posh in a "W" / or 4 Seasons hotel kind of way, is fairly large, very clean and very well outfitted. And the location is wonderful - you are literally 100 yards from the beach. Additionally Villa Sinclair is only 2 short blocks from the Intracoastal. Hughes recommendations to eat (cheaply on the beach at Mamacitas), on the Intracoastal at Billy's, GG, and Greek Taverna were spot on…. (note Billy's and GG's are fairly upscale and priced accordingly but offer good food and service). Bottom line: for $199 a night (in Suite Matisse) in the heart of Spring season (with 80 degree sunny days…), and a convenient beach near location, Villa Sinclair is a great find!

Room Tip: Suite Matisse is great… also note the nice hot tub and private lounges and cabanas on site.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lansingmitch
Aventura, Florida
Reviewed March 13, 2014

In need of a relaxing retreat from the world I had a great experience at Villa Sinclair. It is right at the beach, the boardwalk, interesting restaurants and I felt like I uncovered a secret on Hollywood Beach. The opposite of sterile, my room was so quaint, cozy with character from the colorful bright decor down to the complimentary pineapple awaiting my arrival - one of my favorite fruits. Comparable to any four or five star hotel, my room was impeccably clean and ready when I arrived. With the laid back, elegant environment, lots of outdoor activities from the outdoor jacuzzi, cycling on the boardwalk or lounging out on the beach all day allowed me to forget about anything related to work. I have to say the Villa Sinclair was a great choice for me and I will return as soon as I can. I deserve it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Karen K
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I had search many locations in the Hollywood / Ft Lauderdale Beach Area. I wanted something on the beach with a comfortable atmosphere. My first impression was much more than what I had expected. The rooms are fully loaded with just about everything you can think of. Cool, Comfortable, Cosy, Charming Studio.
They played soothing music while our group had a bonfire, roasted marshmallows, and enjoying the cool night air. All my friends keep thanking me for the perfect hotel selection made.
Will definitely return next year.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Richard S
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I am from Wisconsin and visitied Hollywood Beach recently, and I feel I stayed at the best place on the beach. Villa Sinclair provides personalized service and convenience. All the rooms are beautifully decorated and the cabana area is fantastic if you want to feel you are in a secluded tropical haven. I highly recommend Villa Sinclair for all ages, families and couples. There is something for everyone. You will love the broadwalk and being able to walk just a few steps to the beach, restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: Try to be there on a Friday night - there is a complimentary chanpayne reception for all guests!! Wh...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Eileen A
Reviewed March 5, 2014

After looking at some of the previous reviews, I was a little hesitant but I am so happy I went with my gut! My experience was wonderful! The location was wonderful, right on the beach! It is a beautiful, tiny little hotel with such personal service! Whatever I needed, they provided! They went above and beyond.My kids watched movies on the big screen outdoors with popcorn, pizza, ice cream and s'mores. We were invited to a free BBQ that was incredible. My kids and I had such a wonderful experience here I would not consider going anywhere else the next time I visit Hollywood, FL.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Andrea M
Villa-Sinclair, Owner at Villa Sinclair Beach Suites & Spa, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for your review.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay @ Villa Sinclair
& have appreciated our dedicated Services from our Team.
& unique amenities & features steps from the Beach & Hollywood Beach Boardwalk
We are always working on improving & making it better,
With each year over $50,000 of improvement for the past 11 years
We are looking forward to see you again @ the Villa
Best Regards
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Run, don't walk away from this place. A total rip off. Stayed 5 days here, and found it to be extremely poor value. Where to start? First of all, for $180.00 per night I expected at least a modicom of quality in furnishing. Furnishings were tattered and worn as if they had been purchased form a flea market. Bed was too small for two people to sleep in. Rickety and shaky, with threadbare sheets and pillows. I ended up on the equally poor couch almost every night. Broken TV. All the shades in both rooms were broken. Tiny cheap air conditioners that were so loud, that they kept us up all night. Refrigerator was blocked by a wall, so you could not even open the door all the way. And the owner Hughes, acted like he was doing you a big favor to stay there. I don not think he would like to pay $180.00 a night for a cheesy and tiny room. Bathroom so small that you could not close the door while you are sitting on the toilet. And they charge you the full fee upon your reservation. Anyplace on the Ft Lauderdale Broadwalk would be better than this place. I travel all over the world, and even in Thailand, Cambodia, India, etc I get better value than this. All and all a total rip-off. Never again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank JonnyO007
Villa-Sinclair, Manager at Villa Sinclair Beach Suites & Spa, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Guest,
Sorry we didn't meet your expectations;
You stayed during Peak Winter Season, in Hollywood Beach Florida, 100 feet from the Beach & the Boardwalk in a 550 SQF 1 Bedroom Beach Suite for 2 to 4 persons, with full Equipped Kitchen, full Bath, 1 Separate Bedroom with Queen Bed, 2 X 32" Flat Screen TV-DVD with 200 Free Channels, 50 Free Music Channels & 40 FREE DVDs to watch- CD-Radio-Tape-IHome IPhone-IPod Docking- Mini Bar- Desk & chairs with Phone-Fax-Fast Internet Access- Daily Maid Service.
the 32" Flat Screen TV-DVD with 200 Free Channels & 50 Music Channels work perfectly & we were here to show you how to use the TV-DVD remote & the Comcast Cable Channels remote if you had any difficulty, just ask!

If you had reserved earlier, you could have ask for a "King bed suite, either a Beach studio or 1 Bedroom Suite, if the Queen size of the bed was an issue for you.

Included in your Stay for the Price you complained about, you got:
a 550 SQF Beach Suite with Full Kitchen Full Bath, not a 235 SQF Hotel Room,
You got Free Welcome Pineapple- Free Chocolates on the Bed- Free Coffee Tea & Creamer
Free Sun Cream Lotion -Free Beach Towels & Beach Chairs - Free Coconut Shampoo & Conditioner & Soap- Free Detailed Maid Services for 1 Hour a day- Free Stay for Kids under 12, Free WIFI- Free Friday's Champagne by the Fire- Free Movie Night Out on 6" wide Screen with Free Popcorn- Free Netflix on 50" Flat Screen TV @ IPad Cafe- Free 1 Day Bike Rental for 2/stay- Free 1 Hour Photo Shoot & 60 Photos Souvenir on CD-

I don't know any other 3 Diamonds AAA Villa Hotel in Hollywood Beach Florida offering anything comparable & all the above included for less.

Best Regards
Owner & Host

Travelers are raving about these Hollywood hotels