“I'll never know!”

Villa Sinclair Beach Suites & Spa
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I had verbal and email confirmation for my reservation from, Hugh, the owner 2 days before my arrival date. Later than 10 PM on the night of my late arrival an email was sent to me saying my room was not available. I called and Hugh said a guest stayed an extra day so my room was taken. If this was true, then why did he wait till 10 PM to make contact when check out is 11 AM and the information would be know?
It was spring break weekend and it took 3 people 45 minutes on the phone at midnight to find another room at cost of 50% more. See my glowing review of the Marriott on Hollywood beach!
This was not a low paid flunky making a decision; this was the owner that left me on the street at midnight on a spring break weekend.
Look at my past reviews, I’m a positive easy to please traveler. The Villa Sinclair failed me.
Oh, he did offer me a 50% discount on a nights stay in the future. The odds are zero I will “attempt” to stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
13  Thank steve100
Villa-Sinclair, Owner at Villa Sinclair Beach Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2012

Sorry, with only 6 suites double booking happens once or twice a year
& this time it was YOU.
Booking.com had made a mistake on the departure date
Of guests staying a week before you.
We offered you 50% off on your next stay
With no restriction, no expiration date
In case you ever change your mind
Sincerely yours
Hughes Longelin

Reviewed March 22, 2012

PROS: friendly and accommodating management, near beach, clean
CONS: nickeled and dimed to the tune of $275.00 in extra charges (and we were SO careful!),
leaky aero-mattress, broken blender, torn lampshades, sheets that didn't fit the sofa bed, broken upholstered armchair...
Currently, construction obstructs view of and access to beach down the street.
The video made the place look so appealing. We were disappointed and wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Nicki H
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I would most definitely stay there again and recommend it to others. The place is very intimate. The kitchen is fully equiped and stocked with food and drinks for sale. You can tell that there is a lot of love put into the place not only by the way it is decorated, but also by the service from the owner and the innkeepers. It is steps from the beach. There is a sauna and a jacuzzi on the patio. Friday nights is movie night on the patio where there is a movie projected on a screen and there is champagne. I love love love this place. My home away from home with a little piece of paradise!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Maureen E
Reviewed December 22, 2011

When doesn't a hotel charge for beers in the fridge? I didn't have to read the contract or the signs posted because I have stayed in dozens of nice places with stocked refrigerators.

This place is great! It's like a home away from home, but with all the amenities of any hotel. We can't wait to go back, walk on the beach, eat at our home away from home, relax and enjoy another great vacation. I will always choose this place over even the exuberant resorts in south beach.

Hope to see you soon, Villa!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the honeymoon suite. it's huge!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steve L
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This place is awesome. Great service, friendly service and very close to the beach. A lot of good restaurants around.We'll go back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frederic A
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I just received an ad in my e-mail from this place and will put it in my spam list.

We go to Hollywood, Fl. regularly but will never go back to this place. The negative ads are correct. It's very easy to assume that something in your room that looks like it's included and then find out, to your dismay, it is not. The bathrobes, for example, which cost, per memory something like $25. Maybe not unreasonable but I wasn't staying there to buy a bathrobe. And there are lots of stuff in the room..that you must buy to use...We had never seen anything like this.
Then it was noisy in the morning.. with a young girl banging up and down the steps. The owner is strange to say the least, just comes off kind of stiff and overly affected.
Yes, it is close to the beach but our room was very small and crowded. We felt like we were in a rip off place. But, we were trapped while we were there so we stuck it out, just won't go back. And, even without any extra charges, it wasn't any kind of deal. We went in August, 2007 but there's no place to put that in the box ... oh well, live and learn.

Room Tip: don't go
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank suetiggers
Villa-Sinclair, Owner at Villa Sinclair Beach Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2011

Sorry we didn't match your expectations, for now 9 years in Business, we have served thousands of Very satisfied Guests, Couples & families who are now regular Guests year after year & a few, unfortunately, less satisfied Guests, who didn't take a Minute to read the Bar & menu of services they signed upon check in & which is posted during their entire Stay on their Suite's Fridge, & used Tripadvisor as a Board of complaints, always missing to mention all the FREEbies Included, they won't get anywhere else.....

Once again, we try to make everything available with also the Most FREEbies included in your Stay, you won't find in any other Hotel, like Welcome Pineapple, Chocolates on the bed, Sun Cream Lotion, Beach Towels & Beach chairs, Coffee Tea & Creamer, Full Equipped Kitchen 40 DVD movies in room, 1000's to exchange, 200 FREE channels, Ipod/IPhone Base Stereo, CD Player & CDs to listen to, 1 Hour Photo Shoot with 60 Photos Souvenir on CD, Friday's Champagne by the Fire & Marshmallows for the Kids or Movie Night outside any night upon the weather, FREE Bikes & Beach toys for the Kids, FREE 2nd Bike rental for adult, daily detailed maid Refreshment & Ambiance Services & much more, all the above 100% COMPLIMENTARY.... as well as a complete mini Bar & Menu of services to save you time during your vacation

Our goal is for our Guests to enjoy every minute of their Vacation & have the convenience to have what they need available. of Course, We understand that more & more Travelers are on limited a budget, that's why we offer Full Equipped kitchen, so they don't have to spend on Restaurants for every Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, it's there choice to take a minute & read our Bar & Menu of services they signed upon check in & which is posted on their fridge during their entire stay & decide if they prefer to take their car, drive a 2.5 miles, go to Publix, waste an hour or 2, shopping of their Vacation time, to save $5, $10 or $20..

But our Goal is for all travelers to Experience Hollywood Beach & its Historic Beach District, away from the high Rises Condos Hotels & the large Chains Hotels, all much more pricey, with the Best Services & Amenities available to enjoy or not, upon your choice & Budget...

We do not force OUR Guests to use what we make available to Them, so if they can't afford it or if they are going to complaint about it after, Please, simply don't use it, Read the Menu First!!!!

Remember, Money will be long forgotten, but the memories you shared with your love one during your vacation are for ever,

Best Memories we want you to have for Ever, but you missed, as OUR most appreciated FREEbies Included in our Stay is our 1 Hour Photo Shoot of your entire Party & 60 Photos on CD Absolutely FREE.

Best regards

Hughes Longelin
Owner & Host

Reviewed November 19, 2011

After a seven hour drive from Key West we were looking for a one night stay close to the beach before we flew home the next day. We happened upon this place, looked good and the manager was friendly, everything was free this and free that, he took our credit card and returned with a two page rental agreement. Stupid us, we signed without really reading the agreement. After signing in I logged onto the unlimited wifi to confirm our flight. I used their access with the password in bold print on the hotel booklet. After confirming our flight my wife checked reviews here out of curiosity and I have to agree with Jamoca09 that everything was an add on. The wifi was 20 bucks if you logged onto villa sinclair, looking at the small print at the bottom of the page only the Hollywood wifi was free. The towels are free for the one night stay but if you want fresh towels after a day week or month, there's a charge. Wash the dishes before you leave or there's a charge, strip the bed before you leave or there's a charge, put the towels on the bathroom floor before you leave or there's a charge, use one paper towel from the roll beside the sink, you guessed it, there's a charge for the whole roll. Just about anything that is normally included in a hotel or motel is an extra charge including cleaning your room after a week. It's a shame because the location was nice. When I confronted the manager about the wifi he did drop the charge, but I still had to pay for a 5 dollar roll of paper towels after using about 3. Oh the parking pass, which was supposedly free was five dollars. I'll never stay again only because of the nickle and dime attitude of the manager. His reasoning was that we should have read the agreement before we signed, I agree but if I had I wouldn't have stayed even one night, exhausted or not. This placed should be advertised as a housekeeping hotel, because you have to do it all yourself or there's a charge!!

Room Tip: read the rental agreement, everything that is normally included is extra after day one.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Don R
Villa-Sinclair, Owner at Villa Sinclair Beach Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

Villa Sinclair's Team is doing its BEST & Upon the Highest BBB Standart to be the Most Forward & Clear about the FREEBies included in your Stay & any Additional Charge, upon consumption of our Mini bar & Menu of Services. like in a Bar or a Restaurant, Please, take a minute or 2, to Read the Menu & YOU won't get any surprise!
Our FREEbies included in YOUR Stay as well as our Mini bar & Menu of Services are CLEARLY
1/ Posted on our web site
2/ Sent to YOU by email at the time of Reservation
3/ Upon Check in, you will sign & agree upon our Guest's Registration as well as our Mini Bar & Menu of Services & receive a copy in hand.
4/ The Mini Bar & Menu of Services is also Posted during your Entire Stay on your Suite's fridge, on your Kitchen's wall, in your Insuite Book!!
Because Our Business is to make YOUR Vacation time the Most Important time of YOUR life, we make everything Possible Available & affordable, to save you time & Enjoy every minute of it.
treat yourself, or not, it's your option, YOU will be only Charge for your Mini bar & Menu of Services you consumed or used during your Stay.
Remember,
Money will be long forgotten,
But Your Vacation Memories with your love one are for ever