“Really nice area”

More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed February 9, 2014

You can walk, rent a kayak, bird watch, it is really nice. We walked their from our hotel, I think it costs to park though.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This park is only seconds away from the beach. There are nice boardwalks and an observation tower which gives a nice view. There is a boat and some kayaks however they may only run at certain times since there was no one there on our recent visit. Although we didn't see any animals, we were lucky enough to see an osprey looking out over the lake.

3  Thank saalfeldk68
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The nature center is well done. The trails are a pleasant easy walk. It is a nice oasis in the middle of civilization.

1  Thank Rich-Stamford
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have been to the park on several occasions over the last 5 years, doing geocaching and munzees. Very nice place.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

My friends and I rented kayaks from the marina at West Lake. The prices were extremely reasonable. The staff was incredibly professional, knowledgeable, and provided spot on information for routing our trip. We paddled from the marina to the red trail and saw puffer fish, spotted eagle rays, mangrove and fiddler crabs. We also saw many birds including ospreys, egrets, herons, and even a wood stork! When a fish jumped in my friends kayak he was so startled he jumped out. We all laughed and had a great time, a trip we'll not forget for a long time. I highly recommend paddling the trails of West Lake if you want a memorable adventure.

3  Thank Linda S