“Single Page photocopy menu” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Waitstaff
Minnesota
“Single Page photocopy menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

It is no longer O'Malley's - it is now Ocean Pub 101. It is just scraping along and has the feel of a sit down fast food quality restaurant. The food is of the fast food variety with nothing fresh or any attempt made to create good food. Service is spotty at best and value is not there at all. O'Malley's moved to the second floor of the Ocean Mall, right behind this place. I cannot recommend this restaurant for food or ambience or service. As for the bar drinks, their prices are rediculously expensive. The only thing keeping this restaurant in business is its location at the far end of the boardwalk where there is nothing else.

• Visited December 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Ocean 101 Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Food was good, drinks good and strong! Service was great and the bartender was very nice to us as well as the waitresses.... I wish I got their names to give them a shoutout on here.... :-/

Visited October 2013
Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, good time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Not only a sports bar, a New England Patriots sports bar. Nice location right on the beach in Hollywood. Look for the Ramada Hollywood Beach Resort, you will never find the bar looking for it.
Parking at the Ramada is free if your receipt is over 20$, so save your receipt. Parking is also available across the street in a small lot or on the street.

As a huge Dolphins fan I went to the bar to watch the game. The setting was perfect, right on the Boardwalk with a great view of the ocean, friendly staff, great service, good food and a full bar. It was a bit of a hot day so they had the misters going; very refreshing. Fans for ever team filled the bar but I was amazed to see so many Patriots fans so I made a joke to our waiter, who was from New England. He threw a joke back at me and told me he would root for the Dolphins if I rooted for the Patriots, hmm. I agreed, since our teams weren't playing one anothers putting the rivalry behind us, for the day atleast.

A live band showed up and started singing away all the classic rock songs, I am told that performances change from time to time, yet i have a feeling they always draw in a crowd like ours. We had people dancing, having a great time; a customer even got on stage and sang his own version of Margaritaville.

Before I knew it, I had been at O'malley's for 6 hours. I hadn't planned well, but I recommend taking your bathing suit and making a day out of it. They have a special monkey carved coconut you can purchase and get free refills for all day for 25$, or so. That alone will pay for your parking and you get to keep the souvenir cup. Every one of my friends has gone back, in case that tells you anything.

• Visited June 2013
Hollywood, Florida
“Nice space, good food, we'd come back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Miami Herald wrote a long review of the place and it's history. We were intrigued and went there for dinner on a Saturday night. Parking is pretty easy if you're willing to pay $10 for "all-day parking" but we wanted to pay for just a few hours. It took a few swings around the area but we found a spot ($3) right next to the hotel. It's basically a bar that serves breakfast to the hotel guests and so no surprise that the menu is basically bar food, but it was very good. I got a cheeseburger and my wife got the skirt steak. Both were delicious. I also got the conch chowder which was a big serving (including a side of sherry) that was terrific with lots of conch. Best part (or worst part depending on your point of view) was that the place was completely deserted. So, the service was also great! We'll go back again soon. After, we took a pleasant stroll on the Broadwalk along the beach (yes, Broad NOT Board).

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank mark v
South Florida, Florida
“Watch your credit card - Service is below terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Perhaps the general manager should be commended for hiring wait staff from the local group home or half way house, however, it does not yield a positive dining experience. I must say that the food was good. Loaded nachos were tasty and fresh. Burger was cooked perfectly to order. Rib eye was thin by normal standards, but tasty. Our waitress was very slow and not attentive. She failed to bring extra napkins as requested, order was for jalapenos on the side came on top, failed to bring extra salad dressing as requested. She messed up the order for the couple at the table next to us and incorrectly charged their bill. Upon completion of our meal, we were approached by a fellow diner who asked my girlfriend if her name was Blank Blank - to which she replied yes. The other diner advised us that the waitress had charged her meal to our credit card (thank you honest diner). We attempted to address the issue with a person who claimed to be the manager(Jason). Jason didn't know how to reverse the charges on card and was going to take card to unknown location to find someone to fix the problem. I admit, I did ask Jason if he was "expletive special needs" - (perhaps I hit too close to home on that one) He immediately called for security and began causing a dramatic scene. What an embarrassment for this establishment.

• Visited August 2013