“Loved the Desoto!”

The Desoto Inn
Ranked #14 of 71 Hotels in Hollywood
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Me and my fiancée enjoyed a wonderful stay at the Desoto! We purchased our stayed through groupon, so we got a great deal! The owners, Steve and Josias, were great, very friendly and welcoming! Our little apartment was great, it had everything we needed and loved the little kitchen so we could cook our own meals! The gardens at the Desoto are beautiful and we loved that it is just steps from a very quiet beach! My favorite part would probably be the breakfast that was served every morning! Fresh, healthy and delicious! We also loved that that bikes, beach chairs as umbrellas were there for us to borrow! There's a great bike path that takes you right to hollywood boardwalk! Hollywood was great and conveniently located just 30 minutes from Ft Laudardale and about an hour from South Beach! We cannot wait to go back this winter!

Room Tip: Defiantly get the efficiency apartment!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sadie Z
extraclean, Manager at The Desoto Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

The most rewarding part of managing the Desoto Inns are the Trip Advisor reviews. When our guests love the inns as much as we do, it makes everything fun for us and worth the extra effort.
Thank you for the time you've taken from your day to write such a nice review, and hurry back.

There are newer reviews for The Desoto Inn

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I had to drive across state to pick up my wife at the airport after her trip to Connecticut. We decided to stay a few days on the east coast and just picked this place from a Groupon offering, knowing nothing about it beforehand. What a find ! This must be what Florida was like 50 years ago - peaceful and tranquil...the staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. Our efficiency bungalow was super clean, and even the wonderful furnishings evoked the old time Florida feeling. The gardens were so serene and relaxing, it was a toss-up whether to stay there with a glass of wine and watch the butterflys, or take the short barefoot walk to the beach ! The location is superb and quiet. We feel like we discovered The Desoto and it's ours... We will definitely make this a destination in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Absolutely loved this place! Steps away from the beach. This place is well appointed and designed, the first thing that hits you is peace and quiet. It is green place, so no daily housekeeping, but isn't it better that way, more privacy, no interruptions in your day. Do with your day as you please, stay in, go out, whatever. Beautiful grounds, garden and outdoor sitting areas, there is even a grill for guests to use. They have bicycles, had so much fun riding down to Hollywood Beach boardwalk. Daily delicious, organic, did I mention delicious, breakfast everyday, that would make you rise out of bed early, just anticipating on what was on that days menu. All-in-all this was one of the best vacations I've ever had. Great times with the family at a great place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank AngelfromLiberty
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I’m not sure where to start. We stayed here for three nights to attend a concert at the Hard Rock Casino which is nearby and decided to turn it into a long weekend. This property is an early 50’s motel we has been remodeled. The owners live on site so it feels like a home not just a rental. The rooms are large compared to your average property. We were greeted upon arrival by a staff member who directed us to our room and said “the key is inside” instead of the usual “can I see your credit card”. Very nice. We were in awe after entering the room. It was tastefully decorated, very clean and comfortable. Every detail and been thought of so we did not have to ask for a single thing the entire stay. Absolutely amazing.

The courtyard is a masterpiece. It is a dense garden with tables and chairs in places so you can relax in the peaceful setting. It’s placed to encourage conversation or an outdoor dinner. They have pet birds in the garden. As bird owners ourselves, you can easily tell when birds are not happy. These are happy and chirp and sing all day long. There are spices growing if you need to spice your dinner and many types of plants and flowers.

The breakfast served in the morning is vegan. If you aren’t into vegan simply use your kitchen to supplement what they serve. The Friday breakfast floored my wife. There was granola, grains rice milk, hemp milk and muffins. But the best of all was a kale salad that my wife loved. It’s been several weeks and she is still talking about it.

The ocean is about 125 feet away. There is a life guard station and the beach is clean. The motel supplies everything you will need for the beach from umbrellas, towels and chairs all the way down to a sand bucket. They have bikes you can borrow. Everything you might need.

We have stayed at some upscale places over the years but this one trumped them all. This as a solid five rating as we have every given a property.

1  Thank Valinor
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Being a Florida native, I am very familiar with the experience of online mishaps while booking beach weekends. Usually, I like to rely on a heavy supply of online reviews and a lot of luck...(There certainly isn't a lack of crumby beach motels and unhappy individuals running them) Fortunately, for me, the planets aligned between the Desoto, groupon, and my mouse! Upon arrival, we felt immediately at ease. We were warmly welcomed by Steve, who was consistently ready for any guest with any question or need. After addressing the usual questions of local area, I performed the traditional 'hold-my-breath-while-I-open-this-door-and-wish-it-into-at-least-suitable-living-standards/cleanliness' and was happily greeted by a bright, clean, sunshine filled apartment. This cute studio was laid out perfectly and felt so welcoming, that I, quite honestly, had a date with Ikea (in my head) to personalize this heavenly place. Just outside of our room/apartment, was the garden. This greenery was home to several of the pet birds/parrots of the hotel. Of course, what garden is complete without ambiance? During the day butterflies whiz through this area, but at night, the covered tables become charming social areas, lit in an inviting fashion. The combination of these things, along with the location of the beach being mere steps away, definitely served our vacation well. I can honestly say the only thing I didn't like about this place was that we had to leave.

1  Thank Rachel W
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Upon first arrival you'll notice the amazing gardens with cabana's to relax and an amazing variety of plants to enjoy. The rooms preserve the original footprint of the hotel with notable improvements while still retaining the charm of an old world Florida beach house. Fresh organic fruits, fresh juices and amazing raw/vegan breakfast treats are hard to find in any hotel so this was icing on the cake! The place is impeccably clean and Steve only uses green cleaning products. They provide bikes, beach chairs and umbrellas for your use. We loved biking from the hotel through the neighborhoods and down the broadwalk as they call it. The location can't be beat either, 1 minute to the beach and a quick drive to major roads. Steve was very generous with his time and interest in making sure we truly enjoyed our stay. It's hard to find the customer service

1  Thank Brian K
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Excellent place. So clean. Very tranquil and beautifully kept. Wish I could of stayed longer. Loved that the beach was steps away. Loved sitting outside and admiring their lovely garden, listening to the birds singing and watching the butterflies. Felt peaceful and relaxed. Great hospitality, very clean and delicious gourmet breakfast. I you are into health and fitness, yoga, meditation. This is the place. Glad I found this place, because it certainly found a place within me .... I will definitely be back. Loved it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family