“Not what we expected!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We were drawn to this restaurant by the comments from the Opra Winfry Show. It was not what we expected. The drinks were extremly overpriced, I mean $10 for 6 oz plastic cup margarita? could not even taste the alcohol. $8.50 for the same 6 oz plastic cup strawberry daquri or pina colada.
the burgers were a little bit better than average but not exceptional. $11 for a 13 oz burger and if you want a slice of processed cheese, add a couple more dollars.

The chili was very good and the home made french fries were good.

Seafood salad was wonderful but presented in a styrofoam bowl.

The ambiance was the best part. the decor and the seaside dining were wonderful.

Our server was Nelson and if i make a return trip to LeTub, I will be sure to ask for someone else. He was less than enthusastic. Not to the point of being rude, but just was not a good wait person. It was as if we were a bother to him.

Overall it was not a good value and the novel decor was not worth the over priced food and drinks.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,846)

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Don't always consider large quantity the same as good quality. In this case, I do. 14 oz of ground sirloin cooked just as ordered , med rare. The ambiance and view great, the beers cold.go early can get crowded. The only drawback was the over friendly birds.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

One of the best burgers I've ever had. Great location on the water and a very casual atmosphere. Every time I am in Miami I go out of my way to make sure I get to go.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Ate there once. No air conditioning and it was sweltering. The burgers were okay but not great. The seats/tables were uncomfortable. Just not my kind of place.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I loved the installations, decoration (driftwood etc.) and view. Caribbean feel, very relaxed. The burgers where great. As others have commented earlier, the service level does not match the rest. Just because the decoration is basic, the service necessarily must not be bad. After all, the prices are equal to posher places in the area.

Indifferent attitude. No baby-seats or boosters (probably they don't want families there, but it could be stated in a nicer manner). Would not put up an umbrella, although the table had umbrella fittings (if you don't enjoy bird-excrement in your food, you could go somewhere else). And don't forget to tip the parking-guy who adds no value at all, since you park your vehicle yourself. Some comments seem to enjoy the indifferent staff as part of the atmosphere. I didn't.

Shortly, Le Tub would be an excellent place if it changed management and staff.