“Very good hamburgers”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We went to Le Tub to try the famous hamburgers; It is a very laid back place, decorated with old tubs and toilets. It gets full during the weekends and is cash only. The food is prepared when ordered so it takes a while to get the hamburger; they are 1/2 pound and very fresh. I had also tried the mahi mahi sandwich and the key lime pie is very good too.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,900)

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Having read about Le Tub before visiting it I expected just another burger bar. How wrong could you be. Try to get there early to get a table by the waterside an hour or so before sunset. Have a few cocktails and dont miss the famous burger it really is delicious. We loved it so much we went back twice. Its not the cheapest place around but is well worth the price for the good food and cocktails. Service was great despite what had read about it - so dont believe everything you read. Will definitely visit again.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

you feel like you are sitting in the caribbean on a deserted island--the service is awful-the wait is interminable-but the food is special and you sit by the water and watch the tarpon surface while you salivate waiting for a hamburger-also the salads are huge and fresh and everything else is good

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have been here numerous times and always enjoyed the burgers, but tonight was different. I ordered a burger med rare, lettuce and tomato only. Johnny (??) says to me, “You’ll get it however they make it”. What the hell is that? This guy has a major attitude every time I’ve been there. But I've never had someone tell me that. Suffice it to say, the burger wasy well done, with onion and cheese. Yeah, I got it however they wanted to make it, just not the way I wanted it threw away my money!
Thanks A-hole for ruining my dinner.
So over done, I threw it in the trash. Only regret, I didn’t throw it in his arrogant face!
Seriously, is that how you should run a business? Arrogant, crappy overdone burgers? Yea, Did I mention that I CANNOT eat processed cheese? I did when the dorf that took my order. I assumed his flippant remark on “you'll get it however they make it” was a joke!! Because that’s how they like to think they’re special. Lol.
I could care less that Oprah ate here, that was a long time ago, their burgers (especially well done, (like I did not order it,) are like thick Burger King Hockey pucks: dry and nasty!) Tourist trap, food is crap. I’m just saying…for real! Stop at BK if you want the same.

2  Thank OcalaRoadwarrior
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Want a great burger while enjoying the view of the intracoastal waterway AND sitting outside amongst nature??? Uneven flooring and "tubs and toilets" everywhere to keeps things upbeat and quirky. This is definitely the place to bring a smile to your face. Built in "picnic table booths that align the intracoastal as well as tables under cover in case of inclement weather. Foliage everywhere and birds are not shy...they even take the sugar packets thinking it's something good...watch out though because they will snag your tortilla chips or anything you take your eyes off of! We had the pleasure of a lime green Iguana dropping out of the tree above us...what a delight! The burgers are huge so bring a huge appetite or share like we did. This is a water taxi stop too...