Tripadvisor
Hollywood

“Ok place to eat, but everyone had fun”
Review of Dave & Buster's

Dave & Buster's
Order Online
Ranked #149 of 706 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Dave & Buster's you can play hundreds of the hottest new arcade games in our Million Dollar Midway and win tickets for epic prizes. Try our mouth-watering, chef-crafted creations in our American restaurant. From wings to steaks, we've got whatever suits your appetite. Our premium sports bar features innovative cocktails, impressive wine selection, and 20+ beers to assure we're stocked to satisfy! Watch your team on one of our massive HDTVs with epic stadium sound that surrounds you from every direction in the sports bar that crushes the competition. Invite all your friends or coworkers for an unforgettable party or event! We work with every size and budget to make planning easy so you can focus on the FUN!
Reviewed January 20, 2020

It was a busy night and we wait a while for a table. Food was ok. But everyone had a good time and I guess that's what matters

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (282)

Reviewed January 18, 2020

Staying in Fort Lauderdale for 3 nights before and after a cruise so wanted to have a drink and maybe eat somewhere which isn't a chain we have in UK and we wanted to experience the legendary hospitality which the US is famous for. Went to Hollywood Ale House first but told could only have a drink sat at the bar but we wanted a table outside as the atmosphere inside was too manic for us so tried Dave and Busters. What a great experience. Jaime made us some fab, unique cocktails and chatted about sport, UK and other things. He even asked if we could get back to our hotel ok after we'd had a few cocktails! The venue is so different from anything in the UK, the size of the place blew my mind. Jaime was the only person we met from hotel staff to taxi drivers who lived up to our expectations. He's an asset.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 13, 2020

Went to take my God son for his 9th birthday. Had an early dinner first where the food came out cold and the service was mediocre at best.

Bathrooms were gross and dirty. Told management and they didnt really do anything about it.

The kids only really wanted to play the games in the end and they has a good time. It just seems that it cost more and more each time I go there.

Not sure when I will go back. It I do hope that they make it a better experience next time I do go there.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

So I tried to contact this particular location of D&B by filling out the survey on my receipt so I could resolve my issue internally with the company. I've been to this location before in the past and never had problems, but for some reason on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day 2019, I noticed some problems with the servers. On Christmas Day, I understood it was packed so I was very lenient with the server that worked our table. Her name was Natasha. She seemed polite, but just a little forgetful. Two of my friends who arrived 10 minutes before us didn't feel like they were served well. Our orders took awhile to come out, maybe around 15-20 minutes, and we didn't order anything heavy either. Aside from my two friends who shared a salad together, myself, my partner, and his cousin: we ordered only 2 desserts and a kids meal. It shouldn't have taken long for the food to come out, but it was Christmas Day and it was crowded. My 2 friends weren't having it because they asked for water refills and Natasha completely forgot about our table. It was well over 20-25 minutes. My friends had to ask another server for refills and Natasha did come back out to apologize to them.

As we were paying our checks, I was able to rate Natasha's service on the card reader after inserting my credit card. I tipped her well and even gave a $5 cash tip as extra and wanted to be nice since it was Christmas. I found out afterwards from my friends that Natasha rated herself a "5" on the card reader and didn't even give my friends a chance to rate her honestly. After being told that, I was quite angry but didn't say anything as I was going to fill out the survey on my receipt on a later day to comment on how dishonest and unprofessional Natasha was.

It wasn't until my service with Natasha that I realized customers had an option to rate their server on the card reader. On Christmas Eve, my server, Ricky, was great. Good personality and very personable. But I remember as I paid with my credit card, he automatically pressed "5" as well to give himself the best rating. I was gonna rate him high if I was given that option, but after my experience with Natasha, I didn't like how he was being dishonest as well.

So I filled out the surveys using the link and code on my receipts to get a voicemail from Albert Motsero, the current manager of the Hollywood, FL Dave and Busters. I've tried calling several times to get a hold of him (about 4 times now) but could not get in touch. On my 4th attempt, I was put on hold by an employee for 5 minutes and then the phone was just hung up on me.

By that point, I didn't bother trying anymore. The Hollywood, FL D&B location is nice. The game room and food are great, but the service can improve much more. I can understand if employees at this D&B are working under high pressure, but from my most recent experience, I sense there are a few employees at this location that are apathetic and a few that have an attitude problem. I say attitude problem because on my last call that I was put on hold on, I heard two ladies laughing in the background before I was hung up on. I called again immediately and another gentleman answered (much more politely and loud enough to hear than the other lady who answered) and told me Albert was not in and to try again tomorrow.

Overall, this is a great property, but they have issues they need to workout with some of their employees in improving their professionalism, integrity, and manners when dealing with customers. It leaves much to be desired.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed October 22, 2019

Games were nice my kids enjoyed, lady behind the ticket counter told us we have a certain amount of tickets but that amount didnt reflect on out card, all the money we spent trying to get the extra tokens and cards to fall down and we finally got them but they werent added to our final ticket count by their mistake, this was the second time this happened to us...staff very unhelpful...very disappointed wouldnt recommend and wouldnt go back!

Date of visit: October 2019