“Great place....”

Sat, 10/19
8:00 PM
Ranked #11 of 733 Restaurants in Hollywood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New York St.
Description: Affordable waterfront dining featuring Seafood, Steaks and Modern American cuisine! Here you'll enjoy an amazing selection of day boat fish, fresh seafood, lobster and stone crabs, raw bar specialties and superb steaks and chops grilled to perfection! GG's Waterfront Bar & Grill is centrally located on beautiful Hollywood Beach, minutes from Ft. Lauderdale, Aventura and 15 miles from Miami. Overlooking the Intracoastal waterway with 450 feet of dock, this is a fabulous way to enjoy beautiful waterfront sunsets! The interior is elegant, yet casual and comfortable. The main dining room also features views of our large, bustling open kitchen. You can even dine al fresco on the covered dockside patio or relax and have a cocktail, appetizers or a meal in our outdoor lounge or main bar. The restaurant is a Hollywood Icon - in the 50's and 60's it was the famous Rat Pack hang-out of Frank Sinatra and his buddies. Now you can enjoy our legendary waterfront dining and views!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

....good food and great location (sunsets are memorable), but found it to be a little pricy for the food quality. Although good (ate there twice) I found nothing exceptional about the seafood dishes or the waiter service. The valet guy actually even had an "I'm doing you a favor" attitude...not what I expect on my vacation. I will likely return on my next trip, but management needs to pay more attention to the details.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (2,223)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a great intimate dinner. Pow pow shrimp, grouper, and ribeye were amazing. Service was great as well

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We live in Maryland on a peninsula so we have plenty of seafood restaurants to choose from, but our experience with a local seafood restaurant is that it is very casual with average food with only the hard crabs and rockfish actually cooked fresh and everything else coming off the Sysco truck. GG's Waterfront Restaurant is not that. It is more upscale, though I did see some in shorts.

The food seemed to be fresh and original. I had the Local Swordfish - Japanese blackened with 7 spices. My wife had the bone-in Ribeye. We were both very pleased with our meals and presentation. The steak had a great flavor to it - something hard to find these days. The swordfish was cooked perfectly and was paired well with the vegetables. Though our service was great and the food excellent, we did NOT get the "wow we gotta come back!" feeling. The noise level was quite high inside the restaurant (outside seating was filled on the evening we were here) which took away from the atmosphere in my opinion. Service was efficient but seemed rushed. The two of us were in and out of the restaurant in about an hour. For a restaurant of this caliber I felt this was a bit too quick. Don't get me wrong, given the opportunity if we were in the mood for fresh seafood, we would return here again, but if we were local to the area, not sure it would be on our regular rotation of restaurants.

Maybe if we had been able to snag a table outside during a beautiful sunset, our mind could be changed, but this visit didn't quite do it for us. But give it a try for yourself - your mileage may vary!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Food was wonderful and well presented. Service was impeccable and were very attentive: never had to find our waiter--he was on top of our service at all times. Great view and comfortable seating

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The food was good. I felt as though the staff were rushing around which did not make it very relaxing.