“Excellent choice for seafood dinner”

GG's Waterfront Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
GG's Waterfront Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 609 Restaurants in Hollywood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New York St.
Description: Affordable waterfront dining featuring Seafood, Steaks and Modern American cuisine! Here you'll enjoy an amazing selection of day boat fish, fresh seafood, lobster and stone crabs, raw bar specialties and superb steaks and chops grilled to perfection! GG's Waterfront Bar & Grill is centrally located on beautiful Hollywood Beach, minutes from Ft. Lauderdale, Aventura and 15 miles from Miami. Overlooking the Intracoastal waterway with 450 feet of dock, this is a fabulous way to enjoy beautiful waterfront sunsets! The interior is elegant, yet casual and comfortable. The main dining room also features views of our large, bustling open kitchen. You can even dine al fresco on the covered dockside patio or relax and have a cocktail, appetizers or a meal in our outdoor lounge or main bar. The restaurant is a Hollywood Icon - in the 50's and 60's it was the famous Rat Pack hang-out of Frank Sinatra and his buddies. Now you can enjoy our legendary waterfront dining and views!
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We went to this place for a dinner with a group of 7 people - we booked a table and we had no problem but we saw people waiting, I recommend booking a table. Waiters are friendly and professional. We started with 2 seafood platters to share which was good choice. The platter comes with jumbo shrimps, half lobster, crab legs, oisters and tuna tartar, everything very fresh and tasty. We also ordered two bottles of red wine, one Malbec and one Pinot Noir, great choices. For main dish, most of us asked for the Chilean sea bass which was really tasty and well prepared. For dessert I shared with my neighbor a flourless chocolate cake with ice cream.
I highly recommend that restaurant.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We've dined at GG's several times, including the last three Valentine's Days. We went there again this Valentine, 2013, and enjoyed a wonderful meal, lovely atmosphere, and great service. The night was cold and wet and a chill was blowing in through the back door. Our waiter had no problem allowing us to move to a table more removed from the draft's path.
However, when we walked outside and flagged down one of the valet attendants (there were about five of them, laughing and joking and not at all busy nor intent on providing customers with service), we found our car to be entirely soaked on the passenger side. At first we didn't realize to what degree it was wet - the inside of the door, the dashboard and the glove box were obviously so, but once my wife sat down and we drove away we found that the seat cushion and floor board were swamped. My side was perfectly dry. Now, it wasn't raining when we arrived and my windows were closed. It was barely sprinkling when we left. The rainfall had occurred while we dined. How could this have happened? The only thing I can think of is that for some reason the valet opened the passenger window when he was parking the car and left it open. No mention of this was made when we retrieved the car.
When we arrived home my wife's skirt was completely soaked. I called the restaurant and registered my complaint with the hostess. She was to advise the manager. My information was noted but I've yet to hear from them (3 days have passed). My car smells awful from the dampness.
Things like this happen, but I'm very disappointed that I haven't heard back from GG's. I understand the valet company works independently from them, but this reflects poorly on the restaurant.

1  Thank Mixbag65
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Enjoyed the most awesome Sunday brunch we've ever experienced at very affordable price. GG's is located on intracoastal waterway so try to enjoy views by outdoor eating -- very beautiful inside too. Was so good we went back for dinner another evening!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

There is great service, beautiful views in and out, private party rooms and this is my truth......... I only eat desserts 4 times a year and I have their warm chocolate, flourless cake there at least 2 out of the four! The early bird is wonderfully reasonable for such a complete-with-dessert meal!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The happy hour was super. The staff and service was wonderful. View could not be better, right on the intercostal. The brunch must be really good, cars were lined up waiting to get in the parking lot.