“Good but not a Gotta Go Back!”

GG's Waterfront Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
GG's Waterfront Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 607 Restaurants in Hollywood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New York St.
Description: Affordable waterfront dining featuring Seafood, Steaks and Modern American cuisine! Here you'll enjoy an amazing selection of day boat fish, fresh seafood, lobster and stone crabs, raw bar specialties and superb steaks and chops grilled to perfection! GG's Waterfront Bar & Grill is centrally located on beautiful Hollywood Beach, minutes from Ft. Lauderdale, Aventura and 15 miles from Miami. Overlooking the Intracoastal waterway with 450 feet of dock, this is a fabulous way to enjoy beautiful waterfront sunsets! The interior is elegant, yet casual and comfortable. The main dining room also features views of our large, bustling open kitchen. You can even dine al fresco on the covered dockside patio or relax and have a cocktail, appetizers or a meal in our outdoor lounge or main bar. The restaurant is a Hollywood Icon - in the 50's and 60's it was the famous Rat Pack hang-out of Frank Sinatra and his buddies. Now you can enjoy our legendary waterfront dining and views!
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Relatively empty for a Saturday night. Great views of the inter-coastal.
We both had Seafood Risotto and Oysters and enjoyed our meal. It was good but not spectacular. Wait staff was fine, parking attendants aggressive.

1  Thank healthkare
There are newer reviews for GG's Waterfront Bar and Grill

Reviewed October 6, 2012

we live in Hollywood and have gone here a few times with friends. It was remodeled recently and it's a great place to have an app. We had the boulliabase and the seafood risotto-both OUTSTANDING-but a bit expensive. The pow-pow shrimp is a great app and the salads are fresh and delish. Service is good, the manager a nice dude...

1  Thank SunnyAlly
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We accidentally went here tonight (it is our first time in Hollywood and our friend recommended "Giorgio's on Ocean Drive" as an inexpensive, tasty place that was good for a toddler. I quickly googled it on my phone after we had spent the afternoon walking on the boardwalk and our 21 month old was getting quite hungry and cranky and was directed to the page for GG's (fka Giorgio's Grill). It said on that website that there was valet parking which was free until 6:30 pm so we drove there. We were a bit surprised when we arrived, because it is quite a nice place and we were underdressed with a toddler in tow. Our waiter however was very polite, friendly, and gracious. The menu looked delicious, but was not the inexpensive fare we were expecting (entrees being $18-40). Of course this is not the restaurant's fault because we made a mistake. The view over the waterfront is quite nice and the atmosphere is pleasant, although we did find it surprising there were several tv's with sport games on.

When we left and gave our ticket to the valet, it was 6:31 pm (because the person holding the door bid us politely goodbye and we did the same) so they charged us for the parking. Granted, it's $3, but I thought that wasn't very nice of them. The person returning our car drove it very quickly to us, despite it (a) being a short distance and (b) me having my small child there. There was no reason for him to gun it like that.

I say this would be a good place for a business meeting, date, or an adults-only fun night out if you don't mind spending a lot of money. They did have a high chair available, kids menu, and even a little toy for her, so kids are welcome and can be accommodating, but it really isn't the right place for them.

To finish the story, when we got home, still puzzled about why she would recommend such a place and not too pleased about shelling out over $80 for dinner, I found out she really meant Giorgio's Bistro & Market!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My girl friend and I ate GG's this evening based on a recommendation from the concierge at the Westin. My expectations were not high based on the trip advisor rating. Fried calamari was bland. Not very tender and a few pieces tasted fishy. My girl friend had the mahi mahi and it was also bland. We asked for salt and we were brought a course salt that resembled road salt. I ordered the NY strip steak. It needed some salt so I also added the road salt which gave the steak a bit of a crunch. The steak was very fatty. A quarter of the steak was fat left on the plate. The place had a nice atmosphere and was pretty busy so I was a bit confused. My guess is that this place is high end for Hollywood Florida. I rate it average to poor when comparing it to the restaurants we usually frequent.

1  Thank PieroG35
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Just to give you some back round - we were on vacation at Hollywood Beach. We took my husband's mother out that night. Used the valet service- had a pair of juliet Oakley sunglasses in the car and they were stolen by the valet. Then had dinner and both of our debit cards were declined had to go back to the hotel to get another credit card. Come to find out from our bank the next day that they put in the wrong security code from the cards. This was the only place that this happened while we were on vacation. No other place did we have a problem with our cards since we had plenty of money in our account!!!!!!. The food was okay and very over priced, but I would not have cared if they did not ruin our night with the valet and the cards. I called and complained to the manager Barry and he said he would look into it and call me back I am still waiting to hear from him and am calling today to give him a piece of my mind!!!!! If you want an enjoyable night do not go here!!!!!

1  Thank Christine W