“Average to Poor”

GG's Waterfront Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
GG's Waterfront Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 602 Restaurants in Hollywood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New York St.
Description: Affordable waterfront dining! Here you'll enjoy an amazing selection of day boat fish, fresh seafood, lobster and stone crabs, raw bar specialties and superb steaks and chops grilled to perfection! GG's Waterfront Bar & Grill, formerly Giorgio’s Grill is centrally located on beautiful Hollywood Beach, minutes from Ft. Lauderdale, Aventura and 15 miles from Miami. Overlooking the Intracoastal waterway with 450 feet of dock, this is a fabulous way to enjoy beautiful waterfront sunsets! Newly remodeled and updated, the interior is elegant, yet casual and comfortable. The main dining room also features views of our large, bustling open kitchen. You can even dine al fresco on the covered dockside patio or relax and have a cocktail, appetizers or a meal in our outdoor lounge or main bar. The restaurant is a Hollywood Icon - in the 50's and 60's it was the famous Rat Pack hang-out of Frank Sinatra and his buddies. Now you can enjoy our legendary waterfront dining and views!
Windsor, Canada
“Average to Poor”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My girl friend and I ate GG's this evening based on a recommendation from the concierge at the Westin. My expectations were not high based on the trip advisor rating. Fried calamari was bland. Not very tender and a few pieces tasted fishy. My girl friend had the mahi mahi and it was also bland. We asked for salt and we were brought a course salt that resembled road salt. I ordered the NY strip steak. It needed some salt so I also added the road salt which gave the steak a bit of a crunch. The steak was very fatty. A quarter of the steak was fat left on the plate. The place had a nice atmosphere and was pretty busy so I was a bit confused. My guess is that this place is high end for Hollywood Florida. I rate it average to poor when comparing it to the restaurants we usually frequent.

1 Thank PieroG35

• Turkish first
Broomfield, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The worst experience I will ever have”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Just to give you some back round - we were on vacation at Hollywood Beach. We took my husband's mother out that night. Used the valet service- had a pair of juliet Oakley sunglasses in the car and they were stolen by the valet. Then had dinner and both of our debit cards were declined had to go back to the hotel to get another credit card. Come to find out from our bank the next day that they put in the wrong security code from the cards. This was the only place that this happened while we were on vacation. No other place did we have a problem with our cards since we had plenty of money in our account!!!!!!. The food was okay and very over priced, but I would not have cared if they did not ruin our night with the valet and the cards. I called and complained to the manager Barry and he said he would look into it and call me back I am still waiting to hear from him and am calling today to give him a piece of my mind!!!!! If you want an enjoyable night do not go here!!!!!

1 Thank Christine W
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good but more pricey than expected”
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

The food and service were good and the ambience and location are very nice. But... The price was higher than expected. Be prepared to pay for parking whcih added another $5 to the bill. No other parking but valet available. Drinks are poured generously.

Miramar, Florida
“horrible experience”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

i just came from this restaurant which is around the corner from my house in Hollywood Fl. I went with my wife 2 kids a my 6 month old daughter. i requested by phone when i made the reservation a high chair. when i got there , they took 15 minutes to bring me the high chair. When the runner came with the appetizer , he reached over my baby and make her felt to the floor. I think he was so nervous that he mentioned that this happened 3 times lately with other babies in the restaurant. Of course, that episode completely ruined my wife birthday dinner. On top of that, the food was really a bad joke!! Shrimp scampi was 30 bucks and it's taste like a soup of butter garlic and cheap wine w linguini ... and the shrimp wasn't fresh at all. I addressed all these to the manager.
Anybody else looking to make some extra bucks filing claims against places like this will make lots of money.
ps, my waiter was very professional at all times, he is not responsible at all.

1 Thank marianod_s
Bay Village, Ohio
“Great spot”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We ate breakfast here this morning and it was a very good meal with a beautiful view on the Intercoastal waterway. We felt that the prices were very reasonable. Four of us ate and had coffee drinks for $30. My daughter got the blueberry pancakes and I must say, I am not a huge fan of pancakes, but these were probably the best I have ever had. We have two more days in our stay and already plan to go back both days for breakfast. The rest of the menu looks great too, so maybe we will check it out for lunch or dinner one day as well.