“Great pizza”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Merritt Island, Fl
“Great pizza”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stopped in and ordered a pizza to go and they had it ready really fast. It was piping hot and delicious! We'll stop by there the next time we are in town for sure. Great service, friendly staff, very good prices.... Highly recommend.

• Visited July 2013

Lakeland, Florida, United States
“Worth its weight in crust”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

If you’re craving pizza that will keep you going back for another slice and satisfy your love for all things “crusty” without unloading too much dough from your wallet, then voila.

We ordered up a traditional Chicago deep dish with ham and the more we ate of it, the more compliments we could conjure up.

The cheese is abundant, but not overwhelming and it’s got that ideal consistency that lets you stretch it from your plate to Timbuktu (or to your mouth). The sauce is sweet and ties together with the perfectly baked crust –which offers a soft chewable sensation finished off with a crunch on the bottom – to create a flavor that most reminded me of a King’s Hawaiian roll.

The ham was sliced up in generous chunks and also was on the sweeter side, meaning people looking for pizza with a lot of zest or savory spices might come away a bit disgruntled.

Fear not though, the Second City knock off does offer up jars of dry oregano, garlic, peppers and Parmesan cheese to suit any pizza lover’s ideal taste.

As memorable as the pizza was, the service and side salad were nothing more than a reason to knock a star off of this intercostal restaurant.

The salad tasted like a 2 for $4 bag of iceberg mix from the local grocer that had been in the fridge for a week. Although to try and remedy it, the “chef” was nice enough to dice up some tomato to try and overcome the salad’s general blandness. And unless you like the taste of pen exploding in your mouth, then steer clear of the light ranch dressing – either commit to the calories of regular ranch or go for something lighter like Italian.

As for the service – I went up to the bar when I walked in, seeking some direction, but after 2-3 minutes of servers looking at me as I browsed the menu, finally my wife asked if we could be seated and the staff simply replied: “Seat yourself.”

Our server was prompt, but lacked the outgoing personality needed to thrive in the restaurant industry. I could say more, but in this forum I will build people up instead of take the opportunity to fire shots at them.

The final bill read just over $20 for a medium pizza of eight reasonable-sized slices and a joke of a salad, with water to drink. Considering we were about 1,500 miles from the Windy City, in the middle of an old school beach town, I was pleased to see that good pizza isn’t restricted by area code and that this formidable joint was more than just a place to escape the 90-degree heat.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank RJ W
Davie, Florida
“Stolen Sunglasses”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I convienced my family to go to Flicker light for the Mexican Pizza for fathers day. Truly one of my favorites. Irenea the waitress served us. She appeared not to be happy there was 7 of us. My grandson tried kept trying to take my daughters sunglasses oakleys to be exact, we told her to push them further up on the table. When we went outside we realized she left them on the table she immediately went back to table only to be told that they found nothing. Now I am 46 My oldest is 30 his wife is 31 and my daughter is 21 it is impossible for us all to be remiss so something happened. When calling MGR. attention to issue he blew it off, so please hang on to you belongings no matter what you do.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jeffrey B
Hollywood, Florida
“Great view, locals”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Right on the Intercoastal. Service is always very good for a neighborhood bar and restaurant, Great pizza, wings and seafood. While I have never noticed a manager, we've never needed one! Food is always good and predictable.

Visited May 2013
Florida
“Worst Service !”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was our 4th & last time here ! Brought my family because of the Chicago Style Pizza & the fact that its on the Intracoastal. To begin it takes a while for the server to come to your table, finally she arrives & when asked what beers do you have on tap ? her answer was "I don't know "
Its a shame because the food is good but they need to improve their service-they seem like they don't care - the only person that was doing their job , was a very polite older gentleman clearing the tables !

• Visited May 2013