“Hey a brightspot on the boardwalk”
Review of Jimmy Max Hideaway - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jimmy Max Hideaway
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I went in just tired and worn out from my travels. The staff were friendly and inviting! I have to say the cook from Boston tickled me with his accent. The server Christine was a joy as she was as down home as you could be! The owner was on board just about anytime I went in there and that was so nice to see. Not a big fan of the fried ravioli but everything was quite exceptional! Nice NY menu that stays true to it.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were there a few nights, very good service and ggggggggood food. There was always lots of people every time we passed by which is why we decided to try it....it's next to the boardwalk on Hollywood Beach.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Truly hidden away from the beach and broadwalk, along the North side of the Oceanwalk complex, along a shaded hallway, adjacent to some bike rental joints and another pizza spot is the little hidden spot.

The have a bar along the South wall, and the Coors Light is cold and tasty at $2.75 a bottle.

Slick (sort of a host, says he is the owner's brother) first said that this was the best pizza in Hollywood, before he quickly corrected himself and said FLORIDA! The wings are supposedly fabulous, too.

The Wolfe and I weren't too hungry, but when the pie purports such pomposity, how can you not try the pie, guy? So try we did. Meh. Best in that building, maybe. Meh.

In all fairness, we each enjoyed a $2.50 slice (the joint next doors slings 'em for $2.25 we learned AFTER). Mines had pepperoni. It tasted like it was--reheated. I shall try a whole pie another time and revise my rating if applicable.

There was a LOT of food to go going on, or should I say out. Almost 3X the sit down business while we were there. Mostly to folks sitting and enjoying the pool.

Enjoy, Cabeza OUT!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Great place and the staff was ok .. could have been a little more cleaner.. and the server could have want to help more ..

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I really wanted to like this spot as the server and staff were friendly, the restaurant was cozy and the cook was from Chicago. However, the pizza was very bland, my roast beef was tough and bland and the corn was microwaved frozen corn.