“Good Food on the Boardwalk”
Review of The Taco Spot

The Taco Spot
Ranked #9 of 660 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Mexican, Healthy
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Chef Stuart Snowhite Created a Healthy exploting Mexican flavors , Drinks that will make you smile againg , and the location is just relaxation and full of great energy . Let him show you his Mexican Creation.
Reviewed October 16, 2017

It was 2 pm and we were eating buffet at 7 and didn't want to spoil our appetites. We shared the two taco meal and it was wonderful. Great tasting tacos, great sides and an ear of roasted corn. Just the right amount and it really hit the spot. We had to wait for a table but it was worth it. We sampled our friends chips and salsa and the seasoning on the chips was fantastic. PLUS.... Ice cream cones on the side of the building.

OwnerJenny, Manager at The Taco Spot, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2017

Thanks so much for stopping by - hopefully your next visit will make us the main meal event so you can try more of our tacos. burritos, quesadillas and more!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,651)

Reviewed October 11, 2017

I'm a super picky person who also like to eat good food without spending a fortune, my friend recommended this place in fort lauderdele, I decided to try the fish tacos which I love them without expecting much, the only one place I had the absolutely best fish tacos IN THE WORLD! Not an understatement, was obviously in Baja California, Mexico, not even in Los Cabos or Mexico City the Fish tacos was as good as the one I had in Rosarito Beach, Mexico, until I had the "to die for" mahi-mahi and Baja style tacos executed to pérfection, the combination of flavors was sublime reflecting the authentic and very complex flavors of the Mexican cuisine, the only missing part was the caráctheristic spiceness of the traditional Mexican food (in part because this restaurant caters to Americans whom doesn't really know how to eat) which is easily fixed with the spicy sauces they have on the side. You can tell either the owner or the chef is from Mexico because only a true Mexican can translate the excellent flavors this country is known for with such precision, the ambience is very casual and the best is the wonderful view specially at sunset matching the best fish tacos in the world second only to Rosarito Beach, Baja California.
Kudos to the chef and the owner as well as my server Paola whom recommended me to have the staple drink the pina colada also done to perfection, highly advised to listen to her sugestións as she very well know what she's doing, very service oriented you can't go wrong with her neither this place. Every time I'm in town I go there, is one of those places worth flying for, period.

OwnerJenny, Manager at The Taco Spot, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

You are making us so so excited to read this review. The owner, Jenny, is indeed Mexican, from Cancun, Mexico and her late husband, Stuart, the owner, chef and founder, traveled with her across Mexico, studying the different flavors so that he could put together the dishes and flavors of the Taco Spot. Also, Paola has been with us for quite a while and we are proud to have her as part of our staff. Please come back again, ask for owner Jenny and let her know just what you think of everything!

Reviewed October 9, 2017

Would give this joint 10 stars if it were possible. Party of 5, on a Saturday evening. We check in and the hostess says I'll try to get ya a table in 10 mins. 12 mins later we were seated.
Drink orders were taken within a few minutes.
Our appetizers (Chips & Salsa, Guacamole and their roasted corn on the cob) came out fresh and hot. Chips were house made and so fresh. Both were magnificent.
Our main entrees left absolutely nothing to be desired. Our orders were 2 Taco Salads, Chicken Tacos, Chicken Burritos, and Burrito Carnitas. The Cilantro Creme.....TO DIE FOR!!!!!!
All of this as you overlook the ocean and beach, while steps away from the Boardwalk.
We are cruising from Ft. Lauderdale in 2018, and The Taco Spot will definitely be a must do.
Don't pay any attention to negative reviews. Not saying some didn't have experiences, just, experience it for yourself. (Parking Sucks. But that has nothing to do with the Taco Spot)

You are awesome! Thanks so much for leaving us such a glowing and detailed review. It means alot that you took the time to leave it. We try really hard to deliver, fast, friendly and efficient service and of course, top notch food. Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Wow what a surprise! Loved the food, excellent flavor, well seasoned, good prices! I can definitely tell that the chef took their time in preparing the food! Plus I had left overs for the next day!

Mission accomplished - flavor is number one here and it's what keeps everyone talking and coming back. So glad you enjoyed, please come back again soon!

Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

We came here last year for our first time and we knew when we visited Hollywood again that we were certainly going to return. I again got the pina colada in a pineapple, don't think I could come here and not get it, it was very good and strong!! We were here for 5 nights and ate here 3 times. I tried their chicken quesadilla this year and it was probably the best I have ever tasted. If you haven't already you must try their corn on the cob. We saw a couple had nachos and we said they looked soooo good that we would come back and get those. And we did, TWICE. They are also the best nachos ever! They do have a kick to them and the jalapeños are very hot! Boy talking about them now is making my stomach growl wishing I was back in Hollywood. Thumbs up for sure. Great view also.

thanks so much for taking your time to leave such a great review! It is our pride and pleasure to give every customer a vacation like experience here that they will remember and come back for over and over again. Seems like we did that for you, thanks so much and hoping to see you again soon!