See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 30, 2014

This hotel is 1 minute walk to the beach and Hollywood Beach Boardwalk without crossing any streets. The swimming pool is just outside your door. Some of the rooms are huge and have full kitchens. They are priced lower than any other hotel/motel this close to the beach. Free wifi, and this awesome little store attached to the main office that sells everything and is open all night so you don't have to drive around and get lost looking for small items. Parking is 10$ but the meter parking is more than twice that amount. They have gas grills outside which we used the whole time and had some great bbq with seating outside so you can enjoy the sun. Good place to have a good time.

Room Tip: Spend a little extra for an upgrade or a bigger room and you will love it. They have 5 different types of rooms, even a couple nice suites.
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 732james
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Nevertheless I wood never stay at a place like this they move me from Bluewave which I had book but then that was not clean. So then they move me and my family to flamingo I was so mad the room was not clean I found anything in the bed never again

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank quatavia
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed. Stayed Fourth of July weekend so rooms were pricey.. About $200/night. Room was a good size. Nice that it had a small kitchen. Staff was nice. Towels felt like sandpaper and were ripping at the edges. Fridge didn't work well and was extremely dirty. Stove was not clean. Tiles on floor were cracked. No telephone in room. TV had poor reception. Light on table did not work. Wifi never worked.. Couldn't use apps on phone. Shower curtain liner ripped. Shower curtain rings were rusty. Toilet was dirty. Looks like if they used bleach and did a deep cleaning the place could get clean. Walls were white and uninviting. Walls needed patching in several areas which is an inexpensive fix. The location is great. Parking spaces are so small it's ridiculous. Place needs a makeover. Not maintained at all. I was disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Shortie777
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Firstly this us part of a group of small motels under the guise of "Hollywood Hotels". I actually booked the seagull as it looked ok on the internet but on arrival we were allocated the blue wave.

The rooms were quite shabby and in need of a good overall but for the price and location and as we were only staying 2 nights we couldn't really expect much more as other hotels in vicinity were double the price.
The rooms are not cleaned during your stay due to "privacy regulations" and they don't have safe boxes.
Parking and wi-if are both free of charge but the advertised breakfast is just coffee and toast.
All in all OK for the price paid but don't expect alot

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linda H
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This was our 3rd trip to Hollywood Beach, but our first at Blue Wave. Booked a 10 day stay on the internet because the location is perfect. Upon arrival noted a "for sale" sign on the property and thought this can't be good. The people running this place also run 4 other motels in the immediate area. Room looked clean until you tried to open the blinds. They were filthy with dust and did not work. The stove was rusted and I would not use it. Two noisy air conditioners kept the room cool, however, we could not sleep with all the noise, so we had to shut one off at night. No phone in the room. If you needed the office, it was in another motel around the corner from the Blue Wave. The amount of towels were "hit or miss". One set of kitchen towels were full of long black hair. Bed sheets were paper thin. I rated this average because the office staff tried to be accommodating, I feel that for the cost of the room, plus $10 a night for parking, this was not someplace I would return. Next year I will be looking earlier to book a place at Hollywood Beach.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple