“Great Service and Food” 5 of 5 stars

Face
Ranked #42 of 561 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Boulevard
Transit: Taxi or bus
Description: Face will provide you with creative and succulent food in a casual, sophisticated lounge ambiance and an extensive never before seen international wine list. Chef Owner Michel Thomann brings her blend of international and nouvelle cuisine using only the freshest organics local ingredients. A few items from her menu included: Pan-seared Foie Gras, Blue crab Strudel, signature Gravelax,Warm Napoleon of Ripe Tomato & Goat Cheese. Seafood Bouillabaise,Pan Seared Flounder,Coq au Vin,Iron strip Steak Blue sheese. Chef Michel is always open to suggestions, or check with her table d'hote and recommendations for your event or catering. Face is a restaurant with different Faces; perfect, for Romantic Dinner, business meeting or between friends around a cocktail, martini seating at the bar. Best experience ever!
Hallandale Beach, Florida, United States
“Great Service and Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Downtown Hollywood really needed a new type of offering and I was pleasantly surprised to discover the french Face. Great service with personalized attention from the owners its always welcomed. It was a late Saturday night and not all items from the menu were available. The Escargot was well prepared and garnished. The wine selection decent. Overall great atmosphere and quality experience.

• Visited May 2013

Newton, MA
“Excellent French Bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I was surprised that many reviews did not highlight the strong French influence on the menu. The French waiter also added to the ambiance. The outdoor seating is quite nice as it is completely sheltered from the street, but gives a great outdoor feeling. Food was excellent the seafood special appetizer was superb. Le bouef bourguignon was traditional and very good. The rabbit special was excellent. Restaurant was not busy and service could not have been better. Waiter was personable and attentive. We were quite pleased with our experience there.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What an amazing dining experience ! ! !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I have been looking for the perfect restaurant and we found It! Face has all the elements that made our dinner a dining extravaganza! The decor inside and out is both romantic and elegant. The wait staff were very attentive and knowledgable in their profession. I ordered the pan seared diver scallops and my husband had the beef bourguignon. Both were cooked to perfection and delighted our palets. We enjoyed two glasses of the house wine wich complimented our meals perfectly. The owner, Michel, even came over to welcome us and discuss how fresh the food is. It is obvious that time was taken in EVERY detail. This makes Face our new favorite place to dine when in Hollywood.

1 Thank Madelyn11
Seattle, Washington
“not what was expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This place was highly rated on Trip Advisor so I guess our expectations were high.

The food was mostly OK, service was kinda bad.

I was torn between 2 choices on the menu, and the deciding factor for me was the candied pecans that were supposed to come on the salad I chose. When it came out, it had plain walnuts instead. If they had told me they were out of the nuts, I would have chosen the other option I had in mind.

When I told the waitress I had no pecans, she never apologized, she just came back with candied walnuts telling me they were all out of pecans.

My boyfriend ordered a lunch special that came with soup and the waitress forgot his soup until the food came out. The soup was amazing, however everything else was just mostly OK except that in my salad, one of the mandarin orange segments were rancid and the tomatoes were over ripe.

Over all pretty blah. I was surprised this place was so highly rated here. Usually I make my choices based on the ratings on this site and this was the first huge disappointment.

• 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Anna C
“Always a charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Third time at Hollywood best French Rest. Amazing cousine Shout out to Dominick the beat server with huge
Knowledge of food and drink and a passion for his profession. I say, profession and so well deserve Dominick is a true professional.

Thank you to Michel the fabulous owner who so generously invited my husband to sample
An 80 Yr old Brandy. 1929 Grand Duke.

• Visited March 2013