“Fantastic”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Boulevard
Transit: Taxi or bus
Description: Face will provide you with creative and succulent food in a casual, sophisticated lounge ambiance and an extensive never before seen international wine list. Chef Owner Michel Thomann brings her blend of international and nouvelle cuisine using only the freshest organics local ingredients. A few items from her menu included: Pan-seared Foie Gras, Blue crab Strudel, signature Gravelax,Warm Napoleon of Ripe Tomato & Goat Cheese. Seafood Bouillabaise,Pan Seared Flounder,Coq au Vin,Iron strip Steak Blue sheese. Chef Michel is always open to suggestions, or check with her table d'hote and recommendations for your event or catering. Face is a restaurant with different Faces; perfect, for Romantic Dinner, business meeting or between friends around a cocktail, martini seating at the bar. Best experience ever!
Reviewed March 17, 2013

It was my first time there, we had a very good experience .the mussels were fantastic,but its highest point i would say is the customer service.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

First time visiting Face for a Saturday night dinner.We arrived at Face about 45 minutes prior to our reservation so that we could enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail. We were immediately greeted by the bartender who was most friendly and made some suggestions about drinks we may want to try. The only problem with this was that his first two suggestions were not possible because the bar lacked the proper ingredients to make the drinks. Disapppointing but, not a problem as there is always something you can drink at a bar. We settled on white wine. The decor and layout of this restaurant is superb and the atmosphere suits the decor well. While, seated at the bar the owner/chef Michel stopped by and spent time with us chatting and explaining the menu. We were then seated at an outside table that we had requested and were promptly greeted by our waiter. Our app order consisted of Escargo and Mussels both of which were Superb. Our main course of Salmon and Diver Scallops were a bit delayed as the restaraunt became very busy and the staff appeared to be in the "weeds". Once served the Salmon was perfect, however, the scallops were not as ordered. After explaining the error to our server the front of the house manager/owner Kimy came to our table and showed great concern and interest in the error that was made. She offered to bring me a new dish but, since my wifes salmon was getting cold I decided to eat the scallops as they were. Inspite of not having my dinner as I requested I must say the dish was outstanding. At the end of the meal Kimi offered us a reconciliation for the inconvenience that was far more than generous and showed us her absolute will to make things right for her customers. I would highly recommend this restaurant for the wonderful atmosphere , great customer service and excellent food. It is a must try while in Hollywood!!!

1  Thank TrvlCrze
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous food, service and atmosphere. Highly advise the palm salad and mussels. The chef made us feel welcome.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

There was 3 of us dinning at Face for dinner. We sat in the outside area which was an excellent choice. The atmosphere both in and out is second to none in the downtown hollywood area. Our sever was very knowledgable and attentive. We started with aps of Escargo and Muscles and though found on many menu's both were some of the best we've ever had! Our dinners were the Salmon , Coq Au Vin and one of the evenings specials, steak. We all agreed the chef's touch made all our meals tasted fantastic. The sauces they used on the Salmon and in the Coq Au Vin where excellent. The steak melt in your mouth. Their wine menu is a nice mix of price and quality that will not dissapoint. We all agreed we will deffinelty be enjoying this restaurant many more times while in Hollywood.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Face Restaurant & Bar is a Culinary Experience to attract all foodies and
Novices to fresh and perfectly prepared food. What a delightful tasty and well balanced meal. Dominique our Professional Server was very astute with passion and honest knowledge of
His art. My husband ordered the short ribs with a mixture of vegetables such as turnips, carrots, leeks and elegant potatoes. I ordered salmon in a succulent sauce, miniature veggies and flavored rice all placed methodically in small attractive plates. A trilogy of sal de mer, Miniature pickles, traditional Dijon Mustard accompanied our meal.

My bubbly lemon drop cocktail with a frozen sugar lemon was perfection. My husband,s regular dry Martini straight up was excellent. The Pinot Grigio was a great compliment and my husband's
Malbec was also a good choice. We had to complete our dinner with the final touch of a magnifique dessert.

1  Thank Ginoris@aol.com