“Nothing to write home about”

Quality Inn & Suites Hollywood Boulevard
Ranked #41 of 71 Hotels in Hollywood
Hartsdale, New York
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I needed an inexpensive room for one night, when I was in the area. This fit the bill, but then again, you get what you pay for! I arrived late, around midnite. The check in went smooth, as the clerk Genie was very nice. My room was nothing to rave about. Small, and tiny bathroom. It was however clean, if not dated. My only real problem was that every 10 seconds the smoke detector chirped. Very annoying. I called the office, and they told me that there was no one available at this time to correct the issue. She advised me to get up on a chair to remove the battery, and appologized for not being able to do this herself. Thankfully, I was able to do this without the use of a chair, after fiddling with it for about 15 minutes! After a solved this issue, the clerk called offering to change the room, but the problem was alreadt resolved, so that was not needed. If I was traveling with my wife, I definitely would pass this hotel up! But for my needs, it was adequate. It reminded me more of an old time motel, than anything else, but for one nite.....!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Neal F
Izzy F, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hollywood Boulevard, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
OUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME> Thank you for the compliment about our Staff and clean rooms. Please accept my sincere apology for the smoke detector backup battery failing we did offer to move you and also explain how to silence it. The standard room size is the same size you would find anywhere in the area. All of our rooms have all king or Queen Serta Perfect sleeper pillow top bed with at least 4 pillows per bed, large desk, Free WIFI, Breakfast, microwave and refrigerator. We do offer suites and one bedroom rooms with living room. Always book direct and save up to 15% and earn points for free upgrades and stays. We all strive for 100% guest satisfaction. We encourage our guests to contact any member of our staff, or hotel management during your stay should you need additional services, amenities or if we overlooked anything. So that way we can resolve any thing quickly to your satisfaction. Thank you for traveling see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Hungarian first
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed May 29, 2013

stayed 1 night 4/15/13. a well used motel in slightly run down area.
location-- very good
breakfast-- standard quality inn type, good
cleanliness -- surprisingly good
attitude of staff -- super at evening, good in am
overall vg
good bar/restaurant across street
cab to cruise port $ 25

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelroc12
Eldersburg, Maryland
Reviewed May 22, 2013

As a traveling salesperson, I stay at many places with a goal of being a good steward of company travel money. I selected this hotel last week and was thrilled at my choice. The 1st floor entirely upgraded and suite 101 was fantastic. I am making this a regular reservation on my future trips to the Ft. Lauderdale area. P.S. the front dest staff is TOPS

Room Tip: ask for a suite on the 1st floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank pcn7991
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

The first room I was in had a cockroach on the ceiling. The attendant downstairs explained this could have happened when the room was being clean by the housekeeping who leave the doors open while cleaning the room. The staff was friendly an apologetic about this incident and speedily moved my family to a different room. This room's air conditioning was broken. They moved us again to another room speedily and courteously ,which I did appreciate. This room was clean and I had only one complaint which was that there was not bath tub only a shower. I could live with that. Overall I wouldn't book there again but it's not a horrible hotel and it has a friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Iluvhotel

Travelers are raving about these Hollywood hotels

Palm City, Fla
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed here 4/20 since the Hardrock was full. We arrived at 1:30 and were told our room would not be ready until 3:00. ( I guess all rooms get cleaned at the same time!) We came back at 3:30 and the room was still not ready. We only waited a few minutes and it was available.

Outdoor entrance, basic room with fridge and very small bathroom. Clean enough.

A few minutes later a very bad storm hit and all the trees on the street were blown over. Everything was flooded! It looked like a war zone. Cars in the parking lot had trees on them. We were very lucky and had no damage.

Checkout was quick, staff were very helpful.

Good enough for a quick 1 night stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed April 16, 2013

First of all, Courtney in reception was awesome! Friendly, helpful and accommodating. The same for the folks in housekeeping - top notch.

Room was spacious and nicely appointed, although the bathtub/john area was really cramped.
Comfortable beds, fridge, microwave, etc.

By day, this place is suitable and pleasantly reminded us of old-time Florida with it's motor court curb appeal . The pool area is very reminiscent of that time. But judging by the fact that the lobby door is locked at night, and I had to communicate with the night clerk through a plexiglass window while standing outside re: a wake up call, I suspect the location must be prone to some form of crime in order for them to take some precautions - made me a little uneasy.

There is very little room to park in front, and although there is parking in back, it's a dimly lit area which does not feel secure, since one must walk through a hallway to gain access to either the elevator or the walkway to their room.. Based on these facts, I doubt we would stay here again. Even though the rooms were suitable, and most of employees were awesome, I prefer feeling safe with my overnight accommodations.

So unfortunately, I had to chose the "poor" option based on the security factor.
I also think Choice Hotels would do well to improve upon this situation, as I think this place is a little gem in the rough that simply needs a few improvements.

Room Tip: We were impressed with the handicapped access to the pool - nice addition!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank toto24522
West Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed April 8, 2013

It was all right, older hotel with outside entrances. It was clean with comfortable bed, flatscrean TV decent wi-fi. The breakfast that was included was pretty week. Very feindly employees. Fast check in and out.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo