“Great Experience at the Hard Rock Hotel”

Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
Ranked #3 of 73 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed August 23, 2006

We just returned from the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel in Hollywood,Florida. Our group consisted of three adults and two children age 5 and 8. We had a wonderful time. We arrived
very late and tired. We had taken a late flight out of LGA. The
hotel upgraded us to a small suite overlooking the pool. They
even threw in the valet parking for free. The room was very
nice. The bathroom with a large tub and shower was beautiful.
They offered a free refrigerator. Any small problem such as needing towels or anything else brought to the room was accomplished in a short time.
There was certainly a lot to do on the hotel grounds. The pool
was great. The kids loved the slide. There were many
restaurants, clubs and bars and stores. The Blue Plate restaurant was open 24 hours.
We had rain at some point every day - but we were able
to find a lot in the area to do with the children.
It was loud and smokey - like a mini Las Vegas hotel. That might be a problem to some families.
We go to Florida a few times a year. In the past we have stayed at the Mariott Harbor Beach in Fort Lauderdale. We wanted a change and would return to the Hard Rock.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank hdcnm
Write a ReviewReviews (2,534)

Reviewed July 30, 2006

well since this is seminole land you must be careful of what you do there .*
ive been reading the other reviews and i must agree with them on the service portion of the reviews that i have read.
its terrible!
the up side... beds to die for and a very comfortable room all around. and a great pool area.the seminole paradise area is also nice for shops and other assorted venues but the service can be poor to terrible .and pricey!!

if you are expecting a casino like vegas or any other venue good luck!
you must pay for your drinks! and the pay outs on the slots are terrible!

i think this will all change when the para mutuals get REAL slot machines.. then i think things will change big time!
for right now they are the only game in town with a casino like atmostsphere,but that will change! especially if they keep up thier poor staff attitude.
also if you have a players card from any other hard rock it wont work here!

* this side note this is seminole land if you get hurt or injured in any way shape or form from thier negligance or yours good luck in getting compensated.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
6  Thank clydester
Reviewed July 23, 2006

I just spent the weekend at the Hard Rock. Check in was super easy, no long lines. The room was really nice. Very clean and they have 'turn down' service at night. The swimming pool was the best part. The pool is big and they have a great water slide that even adults will enjoy. If you want a drink, you can go to the pool bar because pool side service was barely none. What I liked was the restaurants. They offer a food court to a very expensive steak house. A porthouse steak will cost you $65.00. I ate the 'Blue Plate', one of the restaurants in the hotel. The food was good but I had to send it back because it was cold. If you are a real gambler, this is not the place for you. You can only play slots and poker. That is it. No keno, blackjack, roulette. I played the slots and I didn't win very much. I think the slots are tight. If you go to play poker on a weekend night, good luck. The lines are really long and they give you a vibrating device in order to call you when a seat opens. Ours ended up not even working. Luckily, I went back to check on our seating assignment and my number wasn't even in the system. Check out was very easy. Overall, I had a lot of fun.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank latkah
Reviewed July 2, 2006

As expected - bright lights, acres of slot machines, etc... I'm not a fan of places like this, but I've given four stars because the room was pretty good, service quick, etc... Easily above average and pretty simple if you're commuting to the Broward Convention Centre. I'd stay again over any of the Hilton/etc nearer the convention centre.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank ejmr
A TripAdvisor Member
New Jersey
Reviewed June 28, 2006

I stayed in room with a soaking tub and separate walk in shower that had a showerhead that felt like light rain falling on me. It was great. I was visiting from out of town. I had read about the Seminole Indians and their casinos. The are fortunate to have gotten class 3 in Hollywood, Florida. They may not be Vegas but they try to please. At least I didnt have to spend so much to fly out. Sometimes cheap rooms & airfare to Vegas equal big money lose. I didn't get the money lose at the Hard Rock. Everyone was pleasant and my room felt so good after the pool. It had turndown service. Sliding down the slide and dancing can make you very tired. I ate at the Blue Plate a light dinner and it was very good. Next morning at express checkout I headed to Council Oak. The best Sunday brunch ever. Make sure you don't eat heavy the night before brunch because there is lots of food. It's $50 worth spending. I will definitely go again. As per anyone who wants to go and stay. Do your research of the area and customs. Ask the reservation agents and they will provide all the information so you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 23, 2006

We stayed here Monday 5/22 for 1 night after leaving South Beach. This Hotel was fabulous. Checkin was smooth and easy. Pool area with small man made beach was GREAT. Rooms were huge, beds comfortable. We ate breakfast two mornings and found our waiter/waitress to be very attentive. Yes they do add gratituty into your bill, but since we had just left SOBE we were used to it. Remember this is not Las Vegas the casino here is different. Very tight - didn't see or hear anyone win anything big. No penny machine's. They do have however nickle (5 cent) machines; beware the minimum you could pay on most of them was 20 lines - so in actuallity you are playing a 1 dollar( 20line X.05). Don't go to Gamble, relaxing YES

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank lmbail
Reviewed May 18, 2006

Stayed at the Hard Rock for 3 nights, and found previous reviews helpful. The pool is beautiful. And no, you are not going to get a drink if your life depends on it. That said, we brought our own--since there is no one around to wait on you, there is no one to tell you you can't bring your own drinks to the pool. We were ignored (happily). Previous reviewers are correct about the service at the casino's informal restaurants where food like pizza, hamburgers, etc. are served. Slow and disinterested. In fact, when I got home, I looked at a receipt from one of these places and noticed the server typed in that I had given her a $50 bill, and that she had given me $45 in change. Not so. I gave her a $20 and received $15 in change. Strange accounting procedure. On the bright side, the rooms are large and comfortable. The doors are heavy and slam shut, so if you are a light sleeper, you may want to bring earplugs. They don't clean a lot of the rooms until 4:30 or 5. Get used to it. And yes, if you are used to slots in Vegas, you will not like the slots here. Very tight. I didn't see anybody win anything. We were there for a conference, which was very nicely run, with continental breakfast, etc. If you go for a conference, bring a sweater--very cold. If you like to jog, there are parking lots and areas near the outdoor restaurants that are nice to jog around--We felt safe doing that. In summary, I think it is a pretty good place for a conference--nice rooms, lots of restaurants in the Seminole Paradise complex attached to the hotel, and a nice pool area (improvise with your drinks). Not a good choice if you like to gamble.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business