“As expected.”

Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
Ranked #3 of 73 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed July 2, 2006

As expected - bright lights, acres of slot machines, etc... I'm not a fan of places like this, but I've given four stars because the room was pretty good, service quick, etc... Easily above average and pretty simple if you're commuting to the Broward Convention Centre. I'd stay again over any of the Hilton/etc nearer the convention centre.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank ejmr
Write a ReviewReviews (2,558)

A TripAdvisor Member
New Jersey
Reviewed June 28, 2006

I stayed in room with a soaking tub and separate walk in shower that had a showerhead that felt like light rain falling on me. It was great. I was visiting from out of town. I had read about the Seminole Indians and their casinos. The are fortunate to have gotten class 3 in Hollywood, Florida. They may not be Vegas but they try to please. At least I didnt have to spend so much to fly out. Sometimes cheap rooms & airfare to Vegas equal big money lose. I didn't get the money lose at the Hard Rock. Everyone was pleasant and my room felt so good after the pool. It had turndown service. Sliding down the slide and dancing can make you very tired. I ate at the Blue Plate a light dinner and it was very good. Next morning at express checkout I headed to Council Oak. The best Sunday brunch ever. Make sure you don't eat heavy the night before brunch because there is lots of food. It's $50 worth spending. I will definitely go again. As per anyone who wants to go and stay. Do your research of the area and customs. Ask the reservation agents and they will provide all the information so you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 23, 2006

We stayed here Monday 5/22 for 1 night after leaving South Beach. This Hotel was fabulous. Checkin was smooth and easy. Pool area with small man made beach was GREAT. Rooms were huge, beds comfortable. We ate breakfast two mornings and found our waiter/waitress to be very attentive. Yes they do add gratituty into your bill, but since we had just left SOBE we were used to it. Remember this is not Las Vegas the casino here is different. Very tight - didn't see or hear anyone win anything big. No penny machine's. They do have however nickle (5 cent) machines; beware the minimum you could pay on most of them was 20 lines - so in actuallity you are playing a 1 dollar( 20line X.05). Don't go to Gamble, relaxing YES

3  Thank lmbail
Reviewed May 18, 2006

Stayed at the Hard Rock for 3 nights, and found previous reviews helpful. The pool is beautiful. And no, you are not going to get a drink if your life depends on it. That said, we brought our own--since there is no one around to wait on you, there is no one to tell you you can't bring your own drinks to the pool. We were ignored (happily). Previous reviewers are correct about the service at the casino's informal restaurants where food like pizza, hamburgers, etc. are served. Slow and disinterested. In fact, when I got home, I looked at a receipt from one of these places and noticed the server typed in that I had given her a $50 bill, and that she had given me $45 in change. Not so. I gave her a $20 and received $15 in change. Strange accounting procedure. On the bright side, the rooms are large and comfortable. The doors are heavy and slam shut, so if you are a light sleeper, you may want to bring earplugs. They don't clean a lot of the rooms until 4:30 or 5. Get used to it. And yes, if you are used to slots in Vegas, you will not like the slots here. Very tight. I didn't see anybody win anything. We were there for a conference, which was very nicely run, with continental breakfast, etc. If you go for a conference, bring a sweater--very cold. If you like to jog, there are parking lots and areas near the outdoor restaurants that are nice to jog around--We felt safe doing that. In summary, I think it is a pretty good place for a conference--nice rooms, lots of restaurants in the Seminole Paradise complex attached to the hotel, and a nice pool area (improvise with your drinks). Not a good choice if you like to gamble.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank sbulldog
Reviewed May 14, 2006

We just returned from a 4 night stay at the Seminole Hard Rock Cafe. I can see why this hotel receives 1 star and 5 star ratings. If you plan on traveling to this resort with the intentions of gambling and being treated like a valued guest you will be VERY disappointed. The casino is awful, we didn't see a single person win the entire time we were there. The customer service is the worst that we have ever encountered and we have traveled a lot. The employees in the Food Court were the absolute worst. They were completely rude and annoyed by simple questions. We are very easy going people too so for us to complain is saying a lot. Some of the front desk employees need an attitude adjustment also.
That being said, the servers in the restaurants were all very nice. We ate at the Hard Rock Cafe, at the BluePlate restaurant for breakfast, the Beach Grill and some restuarants outside in the Paradise and were very happy with the service, so it's just certain area's in the resort that are bad.
If you are looking for a place with nice rooms and comfortable beds, a great night-life and alcohol that does not stop pouring than you will love this place. The weekends are hopping and there was always something to do. We were never bored. The grounds are nice and the pool is relaxing and not too overcrowded.
If you are going for the right reasons than you will love this hotel, if gambling and customer service is the reason you are going than you will hate it.

7  Thank weimy07
Reviewed May 3, 2006

We stayed at the Hard Rock last weekend. And let me start by saying we paid $360 a night for each room. We were going for a Bachelorette Party. We had reservations for Saturday for 2 rooms since there was 8 of us staying and 4 others meeting us there for the party. We arrived after 4pm closer to 4:30 to be told one of our rooms was not ready but should be ready within 45 mins-1 hour. We drove seperately but all of us seemed to arrive around the same time. We planned to go to dinner and tried to make reservations somewhere but was told we couldn't . All 12 of us piled into 1 room with 1 bathroom. Have you ever tired getting ready to go out in a room full of 12 women and 1 bathroom? We were told that we would get a call when the other room was ready and someone would bring up our keys. An hour and a half later we called downstairs to check on our room and was put on hold. The first person didn't know anything she put us on hold the second person didn't know. Finally the third person told us your room had been ready for at least 30 mins I'll send the keys up. Shorty after (20 mins) later they brought up the keys. The rooms were 4 doors apart. Half of us moved our stuff to the second room and set it down to continue to get ready. I took my shoes off to hop in the shower and the carpet was soaking wet. After waiting all that time they gave us a room with wet carpet. We called downstairs and requested a manager and was told somone would call us back in 10 minutes. 10 minutes later and no phone call we called back downstairs and they said they would move us. So we had to move to another room. Now to give the hotel some credit the rooms were very nice. Beds were comfortable. Showers were big. Those were the good things. But the service was terrible as well as the customer service. We bought tickets to the Male revue at one of the nightclubs. Our confirmation showed show started at 9pm and to come early. We get there at 8:50pm to be told we made a mistake and the show didn't start until 10. We rushed to eat to make it there on time to be told we are over an hour early and would have to come back. We ate at the sports resturant outside at Seminole Paradise. It was good the food and the service. So we went over to Jazziz to kill some time. We get a few tables outside but sit there for 15 minutes before we found the manager to find out why the waitress never came back to take our drink order. We went back to the male revue show and once we are taken upstairs to where the show is held we sit there for over an hour before the show starts the whole time listening to the DJ play techno music. The next morning we called for towels 32 minutes later I finally got some. The person who reserved the rooms on her credit cars goes to pay and requests to speak with a manger and was told there was not one there at that time. We called for someone to come and get our bags. The guy comes put everything then asks me to help him count them so he can give us a ticket. The parking is ridiculous. Why should you pay to park when your paying over $300 a night to stay there? Overall I had a very bad experience and to date management had not responded to my e-mailed complaint. Save your money. It's not worth it.

• Stayed: April 2006
15  Thank Blessings2013
Reviewed April 25, 2006

We just returned from the Hard Rock Hotel in Hollywood FL. I would highly recommend this hotel. The rooms are awesome, the pool is the best around & the staff are all friendly. We stayed for three nights & didn't have one issue. The only negative thing is the cab fare from the Ft Lauderdale airport is pricey. The cost was $31.00 each way for a ten minute ride. I was told by two different people that work at the hotel that they are looking into starting a shuttle service, so this may be resolved shortly. This is a 5 star hotel!!!! Worth the money!

• Stayed: April 2006