Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
$143
$124
  • Beachfront
$125
Beach Rooms Inn - Hollywood Beach(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$104
Coral House Hotel(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$163
  • Breakfast included
Manta Ray Inn(Hollywood)
$295
2,613 results
All reviewsblue platecouncil oakfood courtslot machineshotel and casinotable gamesgreat casinopoker roompool viewnorth towerroom keygreat poolsouth floridavalet parkinglive musicfort lauderdalegambling
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 25, 2006

We just returned from the Hard Rock Hotel in Hollywood FL. I would highly recommend this hotel. The rooms are awesome, the pool is the best around & the staff are all friendly. We stayed for three nights & didn't have one issue. The only negative thing is the cab fare from the Ft Lauderdale airport is pricey. The cost was $31.00 each way for a ten minute ride. I was told by two different people that work at the hotel that they are looking into starting a shuttle service, so this may be resolved shortly. This is a 5 star hotel!!!! Worth the money!

• Stayed: April 2006
Reviewed April 9, 2006

Nestled in the middle of no-where this large hotel casino complex is average at best for a vacation. We were there for a conference and found the "entertainment" limited - mainly casino so if you're not a gambler, not much to do. There were a few shops (can do in about 1/2 hour) limited restaurants (1 really high-end, the rest middle of the road and fast food!) Although the staff was excellent, the hotel processes were hugely inadequate. We arrived at 4:30 and were told our room would not be ready for at least 1 hour. Other guests in our party had to wait 6 hours for their room! We requested a King non-smoking and received a Queen double smoking (but they said they could move us the next day...we chose not to) The rooms were never cleaned before 4:30pm. The work-out facility was modern, clean and really nice to be in. The spa was world class - amazing massage by Tara. The pool doesn't open until sun up, which made a morning swim before meetings impossible. Too bad, the pool was beautiful. Beware, all restaurants and spa adds gratuity automatically, 15-20%!!

8  Thank et-toronto
Reviewed March 27, 2006

Our 5 night stay with two teenagers during spring break was ideal. They enjoyed all the memorabilia, the free outdoor concerts(especially the "U2"band during the St.Patrick's Day festivities) and all the activity and glitz. The pool was beautiful and relaxing (no rap or heavy metal music and never loud), and security was top notch. We watched as 4 boisterous young men dove into the pool and were promptly and calmly escorted out by security, since they were not hotel guests. Naturally, there are plenty of casino guests who stroll out to view the pool grounds or eat at the pool restaurant, many of them elderly or retirees, but it never felt crowded. There are more than enough chairs, many with parasols for shade. The pool staff was friendly but never pushy. For added comfort and privacy, there are several "huts" with TVs and teak furniture available for rent.

The hotel is always bustling with activity and the frequently smokey casino is unavoidable, but since children aren't allowed in, we travelled along the perimiter to get to the outdoor restaurants,shops and bars adjacent to the Hard Rock. This is a pleasant place to enjoy free entertainment (or catch a show) admire Harley Davidsons on dislay, eat, drink, shop and people watch.

Our basic room (called deluxe accomodations)had very comfortable queen beds, terrific pillows, thermostatically controlled AC,and a great shower-head. Spare, modern furniture and decor featured Springsteen and Cheap Tick prints, and a great sound system. At check-in, keys come in a CD packet including a sampling of music which makes a nice souvenir. They also volunteered a small fridge which came in handy for beverages and snacks that would otherwise have added up to a tidy sum.

Parking was a problem one night only when we returned from Sawgrass Mills (10 minute drive) at about 10:15pm and found every space near the hotel taken by concertgoers. This small annoyance doesn't change our overall very positive assessment of this hotel.

Other observations:
-Sandy pool area is great for little kids, waterslide fun for everyone, waterfall sound soothing, but pool does not have a deep end. (About 4ft max.)
-A gratuity is not automatically included on items charged to room,thankfully, but the hotel does conveniently calculate the 15%, 18% and 20% tip you may choose to give.
-We took full advantage of the great weather, but the exercise facilities(free) and spa looked good.
-Although this is a big hotel, we did not feel overwhelmed by the level of activity or stimulation and do not agree that it feels like a mall (Atlantis in the Bahamas is more like that).
-Unfortunately, for those of us who can't get by without our computers even on holidays, internet access is not free here. Oh well.

Overall, a really good choice for the first leg of our trip (Naples was less than 1.5 hours away and just beautiful!). Would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2006
4  Thank MariuMontreal
A TripAdvisor Member
New York
Reviewed March 27, 2006

Great atmosphere, with HORRIBLE SERVICE. Not much of a casino either. Spent most of our time there trying to find a waitress and to get a table to play cards. Drinks came long after meal was eaten at the Hard Rock Cafe. Forget about it at the pool; Sunburn came long before the waitress. Took over 2hrs. to get a drink and it was only 3/4 full, then the waitress with an attitude had the nerve to ask me if I needed change from my 20, as if I was going to give her a $17 tip after telling her I waited 2hrs. for this drink. Another 45 minutes later, I did get my change. And, of course there was no tip. Takes anywhere from 1hr. to 3hrs. to get a poker table and the buzzers don't always work. When I was finally called for the omaha table, they had changed it to a Hold em table without telling me. Needless to say I was not happy.
Saturday night, it was impossible to find a waitres- saw 1 all night and she was always at the poker area, which of course, you couldn't get a table. Finally after asking several people, who told us to find a waitress to help us with what we needed, we asked a bartender, who was very helpful. I complained to an Indian gentleman, who was very apologetic and nice,but he referred me to management, who quite honestly, didn't seem to care very much. After having to wait so long at the pool for a drink I decided to go into the bar, which was not very busy. I sat at a stool and wiated and waited as they looked right at me and walked by several times, finally the people next to me asked if I was waiting for a dink too. I told them that I was and that for 3 days I haven't been able to get good service here, Felt like I was invisible. They laughed but it really wasn't funny. I have never complained about anyplace before, but my stay here was so aggravating. This long weekend was part business part pleasure and I was mostly looking forward to the pleasure part. The best time all weekend was when we were off the premises for business purposes. Would not recommed to anyone, nor would I ever go back. The place should be ashamed of itself.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Boston
Reviewed March 7, 2006

I Was really looking forward to spending some time gambling @ the Hard Rock as I enjoy the Vegas property. I almost booked a room there and thank God I did'nt!!! It is no more than a glorified slot hall with some low limit poker thrown in!!! NO TABLE GAMES WHATSOEVER no blackjack no craps no roulette NO FUN !!!!!!! The place was dead mostly young kids getting drunk. I heard some the clubs were good but they were dead on the Sunday night I stopped in Everything was closing down @ 11:30. Th whole place came off as a giant mall.

STAY AWAY !!!!!!!!