“Check-in Sucked, other than that it's good !!!!!!”

Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Miami
“Check-in Sucked, other than that it's good !!!!!!”
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Check in was a complete nightmare, We got there like at 7:30pm, we are told by the front desk that since check in was at 4pm and we were not there at that time we lost our original room reservation so they did not have more king size bed pool view room available. I think thats a bunch of bs, I have never heard of you loosing your reservation cause u r not there at check in time. I reserved that room like 1 1/2 months prior so they should have had one especilaly since they asked for a credit card to "supposedly hold your resrvation" We were given a handicap room, becasue that was the only one available w/ a king bed. No view by the way. The room in it self was ok, i mean i think they can update their TV's, the one we had was really old looking. The room was comftorable, it was clean and spacious, the only minor thing was that we had a big white chair inside the shower, which is fine cause we were given a handicap room so that needs to be in there. Other than the whole resrvation thing I really enjoyed my stay it was very nice, the pool was beautiful, water was freezing but it was nice. We had alot of fun at Passion, its a huge club, great music all types. Its a very nice hotel, alot of things to do. We had a very nice time.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2009

Great place to have fun at ,,, love the shppping , food, and ent.
Just one should not have kids there. more of a grown-up get away...other then that just loved it....I tend to go there at less once a month..

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Palm Beach County, FL
Reviewed July 1, 2009

My fiancee flipped over our room. She loved the simple, clean and modern design and the tiles in the shower area. The huge pool area was nice and the bar in the middle is a cool touch. We're not gamblers, so we only walked through the casino to check out all the rock and roll memorabilia, which was fun. The restaurants outside were franchise places, nothing fancy, but the food was decent. The more upscale steak restaurant in the hotel, Council Oak had a great atmosphere. We ate in the front lounge area and watched a great jazz trio play.

Only two minor issues:

1. Arriving at the hotel was a bit chaotic and took a while to get a valet over to our car

2. The cigarette prices were crazy expensive, which is to be expected at hotels, but come on, since they are a Native American tribe, they don't pay cigarette taxes to the government. Packs were $3.00 more than at a convenience store.

We would definitely go back again, but only during off-season when the prices are reasonable. I've checked on prices for long weekends during peak season and I could almost stay at the Breakers for the amount they charge during these times.

All in all, a nice weekend getaway for us.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2009

The reason why we stayed there was purely my familys' fascination with rock music and everything that comes with it. I have to say that I was real pleasantly surprised about everything in the resort. The casino was excellent, the room was so big and stylish, the entertainment was great. The only thing I wasn't happy with, was the dining possibilities. We arrived quite late, so only one place was opened and there wasn't anything to eat.. Other than that, superb hotel.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
NOLA
Reviewed June 7, 2009

Yuck. I absolutely hated this hotel & casino. Talk about a tourist trap. We decided to end our week in Florida (at a healthy spa in Miami) with one night of fun & gambling. Being close to FLL airport was the only good thing about the Seminole Hard Rock.

Check in was reasonably quick and painless. Our non-smoking room (1218) absolutely reeked of stale cigarettes and overlooked a roof. I did not feel like moving as we checked in around 4pm and had a 8:30am flight...I just wanted a drink and some gambling. We blasted the air to clear out the smoke and headed downstairs. Hit a poker bar and proceded to gamble max bets on two machines. After about 20 mins the bartender took our drink order (2 vodka & sodas) we were served 8 oz rock glass drinks and asked for $16 dollars. I was floored. I have never been in a casino and not received complimentary cocktails when playing max bets. After asking if cocktail service was complimentary anywhere in the casino we were told no..."we charge top dollar for all alcohol because we can". OK - had I known it was top dollar for a short pour of rotgut vodka from a random bar gun I might have opted for another drink. I don't mind paying for my booze but give a girl a break already.

I decided it would be better to get drinks from the HRCafe bartender as 1: they were 16oz go cups, 2: they were free pour and actually had booze in them, 3: the booze was out of a bottle and was call brand, 4: 2 drinks with tip was about $14 and the server was smiling.

We took our drinks to a slot machine on the floor where we were constantly "lurked" by a variety of wheelchair riding, walker hopping, cane thumping slot hounds. Seriously, I am 41 years old and I was the youngest person playing by about 30 years. The machine was OK- I lost 300 in about 2 hours then won it all back in the next 2 hours. I wasn't a big winner but I didn't lose a lot and it kept me occupied for a good while.

Dinner at the HRCafe around 8:30 pm was a nightmare. Crowded to the gills with screaming families and unruly kids soaked from the pool running around tables. Service was abominable...not a greeting from the server- no pleasantries- no explanation of specials, soups...nothing. We orderd 2 more drinks, 2 burgers, 2 apps for $81. I took my burger to the room as it was not great but I was sure I'd need something later.

Headed to our room around 10pm to watch a little tv and sleep. Bed was OK but the bathroom seemed grungy. We got up early in the AM, used the express check out and got out of there by 7 am. A cab ride to the airport took about 20 minutes (most of which was going in circles around the highway overpasses leading to the acutal airport- wierd setup at FLL) and cost $22.

I rarely get snarky with reviews but I could not get past the horrible servcie at this place. If the local clientel was smart they would boycott this place until they started treating them better. The pool area might be a draw for some but I felt like I was in an underwater chuck E cheese....certainly not the pool scene they claim online. The casino crowd is geriatric and reminiscent of early AC with the senior busses coming to town for a $5 food voucher.

This was a sad Hard Rock and a terrible way to end my vacation. I just checked them off my list forever.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Luckylu3
MILLER PLACE
Reviewed May 20, 2009

Just got back from the Hardrock Hotel and had a very mixed mostley pleasant experiance. First the positive Had Room #1143 nortside pool view great modern room, Clean very comfortable bed and pillows. The heated pool was unbelivable,just the landscaping around it ,the waterfalls etc and also a bar attached to it. Your better off going up to the bar on the weekends or you will wait a long time for your order but weekdays was no problem getting it from the waitress working poolside ,I just think they are understaffed for larger weekend crowds. The drink prices are a little high but I guess what you would expect in this kind of resort and they do have happy hour specials during the weekdays. And like a previous poster did state on weekends it is kinda hard findind seats if you get there in the afternoon but they do have staff that trys to help so paitance is a must and yes they should let you know about the wristbands when you check in.We got there at 130pm sunday afternoon check in was at 300pm. If I had taken a room with 2 queenbeds probaly woulda got my room faster but held out for the king bed so it took awhile longer and the promised call to my cellphone from the frontdesk never came but again the staff by the pool was happy to check for me and even got me the keys for my room. Service at the resturants is slow no doubt about it so if you are really hungry or dont want to spend a ton of money eat at the food court when you can, much better prices and the food was actually pretty good. The shopping area was nice again high price drinks at the bars but being from NY Im used to that nonsense.Highspped Internet avaliable in your room only if you have a ethernet cable or wireless in the lobby area . Overall a good experiance Would probaly go again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed May 18, 2009

We had a bachelorette party there, and it was just great. The staff was excellent and the room was perfect for all of us! We had fun going to the dueling pianos, but the club Opium wasn't quite our style.

Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Hollywood Beach Marriott
#6 of 66 in Hollywood
Central Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
#16 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood? Share your experiences!