See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 23, 2016 via mobile

The location was great. Walk out the door and you are on the beach. The motel is old and it shows. Our room was clean but it was like stepping back into 60's with my parents vacations. Do note the office hours. We were needing to leave at 9 on a Sunday and the office doesn't open until 10 and there's no drop box. Overall not bad but don't expect luxury.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank okbyme752
Reviewed September 18, 2016 via mobile

I was amazed to open my door and have the beach at my doorstep, live music, various choices of fantastic food... And well behaved people..
If u are on a budget, then this is the place to stay as u have all u may need to cook and couple places to buy groceries and eat at home..
100%+ recommended!!!!
Will be back for sure!!

Stayed: September 2016, traveled solo
4  Thank carla10r
Reviewed July 25, 2016

I stayed at the Diane for 2 nights in the 2nd floor south corner room. I believe #201. I stayed June 24-26 2016.

There's good and bad about this motel. On the bad side, it needs some upkeep. It is oceanfront so that's very rough on paint....the place needs repainting on the outside and inside. It's not horrible, but it is detracting. On entering, my room smelled of bleach., which is not a problem but I did lean on a counter that was still damp and it discolored at t shirt. Otherwise housekeeping was good. Parking is reserved for 1 car per room, which is good, and it is also beside the motel or adjacent to it, which is also good. The bad is that you pay $25 for parking per day. However it is reserved and is convenient, I would recommend it. There is an old stove in the south stairwell. It's been there for months as it was noted in an April review. That's ridiculous. I checked out on a Sunday and did not see a key drop box and the office on Sunday only opens at 10am....so I just left the key on the room counter. The need a key drop box. Plastic lounge chair on the balcony was cracked, but serviceable.

Despite all this the place is enjoyable. The view is fantastic from 2nd floor rooms as you can watch the ocean and the people on the Hollywood Broadwalk. The location is great with restaurants, shops, and bars starting right next door. I did not need to drive for anything. The staff was friendly. The room setup was good. This room had 2 king beds and there was a closeable room divider between the two. I didn't need 2 beds, but that's what I chose based on what was available when I booked. The room, being on a corner had both the balcony and also side windows. Wifi worked fine as did the tv. Furniture was comfortable and well used but clean.

This is an older motel directly on the beach. It needs some upkeep but I enjoyed my stay. This is right on the Broadwalk and surrounded by restaurants, bars, etc. so it is a vibrant busy beach area with lots of people walking, skating, biking etc. The beach is very wide and was not overcrowded. It would not be a good place if you want seclusion or quiet. The price per night seems on the high end considering the motel's initial appearance, however I would consider staying there again considering the location and the beautiful beach. Not a place for pampered princess types or those seeking a secluded beach. Worth considering.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled solo
4  Thank donOrlando
Reviewed May 16, 2016 via mobile

Decided to spend a couple of days before our cruise & was pleasantly surprised by the location. Older hotel, comfortably redecorated and close to the action. Roughly a block away from Margaritaville and the pavilion which had excellent bands at night. Steps away from the beach. What more do you need? We will be back!!

Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Nitrofan316
Reviewed May 11, 2016

I was very disappointed in my stay this time ! The rates are too much for what you get. and some of the staff were not professional. I checked out 4 days before my trip was over. The beach is the only thing that was great. A refrigerator was in the stairway and a stove between the first and second floor. What a shame !

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family