Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
5,834 results
All reviews conference center lobby bar corner suite beautiful hotel pool area ocean view self parking beach resort pool staff spring break family vacation coffee shop beach chairs south florida fort lauderdale playa balcony
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at this hotel from January 9th through the 13th and I just wanted to say what an amazing stay I had. The staff is so friendly and helpful. I wanted to give special recognition to the bartender Shanie. I was in Florida from New York because my 22 year old daughter was relocating to Florida from New York at her company’s request. We were looking for an apartment between Pompano Beach and Miami and Shanie was kind enough to give us recommended areas for us to look at. She even went so far as to get other workers to give us more suggestions. It was thoughtful and kind of them. The workers go above and beyond in helping their guests!

Trip type: Traveled with family
AmandaventuraFOM, Front Office Manager at The Diplomat Beach Resort Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Peddy D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete this survey! We are thrilled that Shanie and our team were of assistance while you were here with us as it is a true testament of our service to our guests
We hope for the opportunity to welcome you more often with your daughter being local.

Please let us know if we can of service

Amanda

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed 3 nights as a Hilton Diamond member, and as much as I want to like this place, there were too many big issues during our stay. It started when after I checked in on the app and chose an oceanfront balcony room with no connecting door (the noise often seeps through), the reservation disappeared before check in. We were extremely delayed getting out of a snowstorm in Chicago and didn’t arrive until 3am on 1/18. Then the issues started:
- Once they finally found the reservation that they pulled my diamond number off of, we were given a different room than I had chosen in the app. We walked to the room at 3am, opened the door, and there was a couple staying in it. We were shocked, but I can’t imagine being that couple who had strangers walk in at 3am.
- We went back down to the desk, and they apologized and said they’d upgrade us to a suite (was hoping for this as diamond anyway but cest la vie) and gave us a $100 property credit that was very much appreciated.
- We then went upstairs again to find the room wasn’t a suite, it was an oceanfront balcony... with a connecting door. Too tired to go back, we just slept.
- The next morning we were awoken by a screaming child at 7am, coming through the connecting door. I went back downstairs and explained the situation with the suite upgrade offer to which the agent replied, “I don’t know why he’d do that you’d have to pay for a suite.” Despite explaining walking into someone else’s room and being diamond, this was the response. Best they could do was move us to a room with no connecting door which I took.
- Finally, after we started enjoying ourselves I noticed the bill had $200 in charges from 1/17. We didn’t arrive until 2:30am on 1/18. It took two visits to the front desk to remove these charges, and not kidding, without even a simple apology.

The hotel is cool and attracts a young crowd. Don’t get me wrong, I’m 33, but not in a frat anymore which this hotel caters to. The saving grace of this property are the non-front desk staff. The pool attendants John and Dan were awesome. The service we had in Monkitail was excellent. But every interaction with the front desk was apathetic at best and rude at worst. I’m loyal to Hilton, they often hit it out of the park, this was just an unfortunate experience with too many mistakes.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank tokyojohn1
DenitsaG27, Front Office Manager at The Diplomat Beach Resort Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear tokyojohn1,

Thank you so much for choosing The Diplomat as your location in South Florida! Please allow me to thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback and allow me to apologize for not being able to exceed your expectations during your time with us.

Please know, that we accepting feedback, both positive and negative as it truly helps us improve the guest service standards and overall operational procedures!

Some of your comments are very concerning and be confident that all is been shared with the appropriate staff for internal improvements and operational excellence!

I am very hopeful that we will have another better opportunities to host you again so we can better exceed your expectations,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were here for a week. There were a couple of issues with our room which Amanda, one of the managers looked after for us. The oceanfront room with balcony was perfect for our morning coffee.
A big thank you to Amanda for looking after us.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear lindaj3681,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I hope for the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future

Amanda!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our pool attendant/waiter Steven was one of the best we had ever had during our day spent at the Playa. He was very attentive to our every need and was friendly. If we needed anything such as a beverage, food, or fresh towels, or even if we needed to relocate to the other side of the pool he was always at our service immediately.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear carolineCW123,

WOW and what an amazing 5 star review! I am very happy to see you had a wonderful experience and I truly hope for another opportunity to host you again soon,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Spent the weekend before business meetings. Rented a cabana poolside and had exceptional service from Dan as our server and Angela at the bar. Tropical crab guacamole and fish tacos from the ocean side bar are awesome.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Farmer59,

We appreciate and welcome recognition for all employees, and I thank you for taking the time to give a praise to Dan and Angela! I am glad to learn you had a wonderful experience and I truly hope to welcome you back soon,