4,551 results
All reviewsconference centerlobby barbeautiful hotelcorner suitebusiness conferenceocean viewpool areaself parkingspring breakbeach resortbeach chairssouth floridafort lauderdalepoolsbalconyfalloncurios
Reviewed July 27, 2017

Arrived on a Monday afternoon. Dropped luggage with Bellman and got in line to check in while husband parked in garage. Jamaal was very nice and helpful. He also was able to upgrade my 2 rooms as a Gold Honors member. The 2 tokens for water were nice since I could get them whenever.

We were in a partial ocean view room and the room was fantastic. The mini fridge is a dorm size one and perfect for the 3 days we were there. Lots of USB plugs. Nice TV. The bed was uber comfy. Only complaint on the room is that the shower stall is not very big. Im not a big person, but with the large shower head there is little room to stand without being under water.

We ate breakfast at Counter Point. The food was delicious. Only complaint there was one morning the woman running the register was a little surly. We had lunch one day at Playa. It was very tasty and nice portions. We also tried some ice cream from Candy and Cones, huge ice cream cookie sandwiches and fun flavors.

The beach services are run by a 3rd party and they were very nice. We used the 4 chairs included in the resort fee. We also tried the paddle boarding that is included with the resort fee. That was fun albeit challenging with the wake. We did not spend much time around the pool. There seemed to be an issue with trash left behind.

The hiccups were related to housekeeping and checking out. On our last day we had the do not disturb sign on the door. A housekeeper came into the room without knocking. I was not happy about that. Additionally, the bill for our stay was not correct. I was easily able to get it corrected at the front desk before we left.

All in all it is a great property and I would stay here again. I had read reviews prior to my stay so I had some idea of what to expect.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank k p
Reviewed July 27, 2017

Was there last week for a convention, the hotel room was paid in advance by the union.
I read the recent reviews prior to going. It is true there is NO coffee maker in the rooms. In my 35 plus years of traveling and usually at 4 star hotels on many continents, there has always been one in the room. Here it is intentionally done so you must Pay for the high cost coffee downstairs. The 'Canteen' has No prices on almost everything. I always read here to see others reviews. The hotel check in is hectic and slow (for a convention, you would think they would be more prepared). My room was completely paid in advance by the union, (a matter of week it was paid for an extra night that was cancelled almost 2 weeks prior) . On arrival my credit card was required for any additional charges. After almost a week after checking out (paid receipt had 0 balance) My card is still being held (pending). The extra night previously paid (exact amount a night with all taxes) on the receipt was listed as a miscellaneous - so they could keep the money. The reception area/desk is the weakest area for the hotel. Everything takes a long time (even when you have NO charges just to get a paid receipt zero balance I must admit that there are pluses: a very large bathroom, great separate shower, and a multitude of towels plus the largest (longest) counter for the basin, so that you can spread out any toiletries and medications. Over all a good cleaning staff (although for some reason one day the room was skipped). There were many receptions in the evening and will state that the food was very good, the drinks were well prepared and the staff at these gatherings was Wonderful. The main problem with this place is they NICKEL & DIME YOU for EVERYTHING! This was the worst that I have experienced in all my years of traveling (a minimum of 2 Europe trips; 2 other out of the country trips and of course some domestic traveling) every year (this is the minimum yearly travel). I finally called my credit card company to complain out the lasted charge (pending) still at a week being listed. The hotel is nice but it is far from other stores and restaurants. Thus they have the very high prices for everything. Please look close to ever bill (food and drink) the gratuity is always on it when you are given the bill.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms with a balcony are the best. Bring a small coffee maker. Be prepared to have waits the the reception desk
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank kppmNyc
Reviewed July 27, 2017

Special thank to the F&B manager at the pool arena, Raoul Duran. Very friendly and polite and great with the guest. Also the women at breakfast are fantastic and Helpfull. As well the chef at the counter
Patrick Smit fam.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2017

Great restaurant, spa and workout facilities. Very accommodating. Rooms comfy. Recommend!!!! Great for families or conventions. Beds very comfortable and pillows. Bathrooms roomy. Looks like a recent renovation.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

This is a really nice place! It's bar and restaurant prices are really high. The pina coladas are incredible, so are the caipirinhas but at $15 plus 18% gratuity automatically added it gets expensive really quick. I don't have a problem necessarily with automatically adding the gratuity because I generally do a little more as I was once a bartender and waiter. But the draft beer is $5 so there's that. I did see small collapsable coolers out on the beach, probably the way to go. The other thing is with your room there is a $30/day resort fee. With the fee you get non-motorized access to things like ocean kayaks and paddle boards. You also get 2 chairs on the beach. What you don't get is an umbrella! It's $20 more a day for that. Chairs are fine but without an umbrella, ITS HOT! Especially at the end of July.

Even with the prices, I'd go again in a heartbeat. I'd just need to save up my money.

Tip: If you want these day bed things on the beach with shade, the beach guys will quote you a price. Negotiating will most likely get you a lower price. Example, one day I was quoted the price was normally $150 but they'd let me have it for $100. I didn't take the offer as it was late in the day. The next day I was told by a different beach attendant that the day beds were normally $250/day but he'd give it to me for $120. I told him what I was told the day before and got it for $75. So negotiations may get you a better deal. Also the beach things are independent of the hotel but you can charge it to your room.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo