4,550 results
All reviewsconference centerlobby barbeautiful hotelcorner suitebusiness conferenceocean viewpool areaself parkingspring breakbeach resortbeach chairssouth floridafort lauderdalepoolsbalconyfalloncurios
Reviewed May 8, 2016

Just got back from a 2 night stay at The Diplomat Resort and Spa. Although reviews had mentioned a slow check in ours was about 10 minutes, although we arrived around 6.00pm. We had a king balcony room in the south tower. Up on the 29th floor. I LOVED it. from the balcony we could view the ocean and the intracoastal. The room was spacious, came with a fridge. One of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. The bathroom was great, a glass walk in shower and a big tub, that had cute sliders that you could open to view the room and the view from the balcony as you sat in the tub!. We did not eat there, but chose to get some snacks from the publix down the street, but the food we saw looked fantastic. Used the hot tub, and pools which were all beautiful. Beach cabanas were offered but we prefer to keep our toes in the sand. Everyone we encountered was friendly and professional. We were both sorry to check out today. Also, check out isn't until 12.30pm which was nice. I highly recommend this hotel. Parking was expensive, but for a little weekend treat it was worth it.

Room Tip: Room 2933! You wont be sorry!
  • Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
Amanda V, Front Office Manager at The Diplomat Beach Resort Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2016

Dear Karen f,

Clear, concise and wonderful review.

Amanda

Reviewed May 8, 2016

We had god time staying at this hotel. This hotel is located right on the beach and presents an good value. Staff is pleasant and accommodating, although rooms initially had some smell and sink was clogged

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
Reviewed May 7, 2016 via mobile

Good hotel, not spectacular. They were doing renovation during our stay so we couldn't enjoy the balcony. Beach and pool are decent, restaurants are also good. They offer continental breakfast that has a lot of variety of choices. For $24 per day you get a pair of beach chairs, umbrella will cost you another $20.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2016 via mobile

To wait almost half an hour to check in and then have to wait 40 minutes in a line to get coffee is unacceptable. Room service got the order wrong. Rooms are beautiful and hotel is very nice. But I can't deal with 40 minute waits to get a cup of coffee.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
5  Thank Arar21

Dear Arar21,

I will personally follow up and share your comments with our key leadership team to correct the service defects you mentioned in your review. We hope you will not let this experience alter your perception of the Diplomat and you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate the legendary service we are known for.

Warm Regards,

Amanda

Reviewed May 6, 2016

Overall, this is a nice property, with nice amenities. They have over 30 floors but fast elevators make the choice of floor a non-issue. Many rooms have a nice view of some beach and/or ocean. Housekeeping is excellent. As an HHonors member, I presume, I got free bottled water which was nice. The drawbacks for me were:
1. No plugs close to the bed, so I could work on my laptop/phone in bed while charging
2. Peppermint soaps which I didn't care for
3. TV became unplugged while I out (had to call Maintenance - should be screwed or taped down (maid could have bumped it)
4. I had a steak in their restaurant ($50 ribeye) that was one of the worst tasting steaks I ever had in a pricey restaurant. I should have sent it back but was with guests and didn't want to make a scene. I later heard from one of them that theirs was bad tasting as well.
5. Kleenex was cheap quality
6. Lastly, the phone was horrid -- didn't work the first try, all the lights would start flashing, the person (front desk) would be on the line but I couldn't hear them, etc.)

Bottom-line, this hotel is nice on a macro level but misses many of the small details.

Room Tip: Ask for a view on a higher floor -- a corner room would have been real nice.
  • Stayed: May 2016, traveled on business