“Made me sick!”
Review of Bistro 1902

Bistro 1902
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro 1902 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #149 of 599 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S19 avenue
Description: General We invite lovers of great food and wine to experience the casual atmosphere and the authentic French cuisine of Bistro 1902. Our location in downtown Hollywood is styled in tradition of these small Parisian restaurants, starting from the bottle in which we serve you water, ending with the cup in which we serve your cappuccino. And just like these early establishments we are family-owned and family-operated. When you come to dine with us you are our guest, and we cook for you as we would for ourselves. That is the reason why we only serve the finest, freshest and most natural ingredients. We are constantly exploring new alternatives to ensure that we put only the best in the dishes we prepare for you. Bistro 1902 combines a quaint, familiar ambiance with decades of experiences. All our dishes are closely monitored by our head chef, who uses every bit of the knowledge he acquired in the 25 years he spent cooking in 4 and 5 star hotels and restaurants throughout Fr
Richmond, Virginia
“Made me sick!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Went here because of great reviews on another website. Big mistake

Decor dated, waiter mediocre as was the food.

Ordered fresh snapper. Came with plain rice and a mess of veggies. While the sauce was good the fish was frozen - unforgivable this close to the ocean.

To top it off, the fish made me ill. I've been sick for 2 days.

To say I wouldn't recommend this restaurant is an understatement.

1 Thank Greg Y

Montreal, Canada
“French Bistro”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Very Good French Restaurant . Tried this with Groupon and scored an Unlimited wine deal. I sampled a nice Cab and the homemade Pate was excellent, a must try!

Aventura
“Surprised at owner”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Let me start by saying the good part of the evening first
The atmosphere is lovely hi energy great service we used a voucher from groupon it allowed us a desert in addition to our meal we asked if we could have an appetizer (which was less money)instead and he said he couldn't I was surprised. Then our dish came,which was scallops inacarmel and citrus sauce(which was too sweet for me) I asked for another sauce and the waitress said a lemon bitter sauce was $2.00 more that wasn't a good way to bring back a new customer. It wasn't theoneu that bothered me I thought it was insulting too bad as it was since place but he should have been more accomodating

Hollywood, FL
“Can You Say "French"?”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Bistro 1902 in Hollywood, FL has wonderful French food with excellent service and a kind and attentive waitstaff. We went there for brunch and the presentation and food were delightful. The only other thing more delightful was Maurice, an engaging, real Frenchman who could not do enough for us. All the food was beautifully presented, very fresh and flavorful, from the fruit to the Florentine crepes, to the salmon eggs Benedict. Our party shared a rich creme brulee, one of over six of their homemade desserts. It had a smooth texture, delicious, with an abundant crispy topping. I had been to Bistro 1902 recently for dinner, and their scallops (real ones, I might add), were huge and served with this outrageous citrus sauce.

Bistro 1902 is moderately expensive, but the owners are anxious to introduce their fairly new restaurant to you by offering generous deals, certificates and coupons found online and on their website. If you want authentic French food that is really good, a restaurant with nice ambiance and a professional staff, this is the place to go.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank dragondoll
Sarasota, Florida
“Excellent food but pricey”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We went early (thanks to another reviewer's tip) and found parking right away. Were greeted at the door and seated quickly - it was a very slow night. The French Onion soup and the escargot were both excellent. I had the duck which was very tasty and my spouse had the steak which was tender, juicy and had a very flavorful sauce. We split the chocolate mousse for dessert and it was rich,creamy,delicious and plenty for two. Our bill was over $100 and we only had one glass of wine and one lemonade. So I consider this restaurant nice but expensive.

• Visited August 2012