“Perfect with excellent”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

The food is amazing best I've ever had will come again.!!! Came specifically for the sole, mussels and the home made dessert cream brulee. Everything was peaceful, quite and enjoyable. Wine was excellent deported from France. Also their favorite saying " Bon appetit".

2  Thank foodspecialistl

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We went to Le Comptoir for dinner many times and never been disappointed. I love this little restaurant.

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We're a big fan of Restaurant.com and don't eat out without it. Bread was hot and fresh. Pea soup was nothing notable but the dinners were ample and delicious. Duck a l orange was excellent-tender and sweet and the sole almondine was done perfectly. Cauliflower au gratin was a delicious side. The included vegies were too done for my taste..I prefer my vegies al dente. The creme brûlée was perfect.
My only negative comment would be that they were not prepared for a large party and outsiders. They did inform us of the wait, over 45 minutes but it took over an hour to get dinner but bread and wonderful company made the time fly

1  Thank Catdad3x
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Our group of five family members visited on a Sunday evening to celebrate an anniversary. Le Comptoir was an ideal choice. Appetizers were tasty - The French Onion soup was a hit, and the escargot quite fresh (just a heads-up, they come in the shell). Entrees (fish, mussels, steaks) were all well portioned and flavorful. We each tried a different dessert, and loved them all. I highly recommend the Nutella crepe. Prices were quite reasonable. In terms of the setting, the restaurant is on the quiet side (in a good way), the only downside was that the chairs are not extremely comfortable. Overall, a very positive experience.

1  Thank IraBfromCSG
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed this little place in Hollywood, very classic French food and atmosphere. You also cannot beat the value for their dishes. All very reasonably priced from the escargot to the mussels (which they prepare to order in several variations). My only feedback (not even a complaint, just observation from someone who has worked in the industry), if the staff intend to seat people a their bar area, do not clutter it so with vases and napkin holders, the area was a little tight for guests.