All reviewshollywood beachbeach chairsperfect location rightlobby dooraffordable hotelolder hotelthe hotel staffstay there againwithin walking distancefacing the oceangreat oceancoffee makermargaritaville resortbeds were comfortablefridge and microwavelocation location locationroom safe
Reviewed August 14, 2017

Terrible,terrible,terrible

Be aware : do not park on their parking which should be free ; they put wheel locks on it and the hotel staff does not care at all!

Totally unfriendly front desk and unbelievably rude.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
5  Thank Stephen S
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

Went to the hotel to book a room.

I parked the car in their parking spaces - once I got out with the prices of the room for my future reservation my car was towed.

Towing company told the hotel has just to give me a green pass.

Hotel didn't give me anything and I had to pay the towing cost and obviously will never stay in that hotel.

Hotel staff is extremely unprofessional and unproductive.

Stayed: August 2017
4  Thank Alan S
Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is an absolute nightmare, only you wont get any sleep, you have to live the nightmare. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra $20 a night for the Marriott up the street. Between the phones not working, to the drawers not closing in the walkway, the toilet whistling, the remote not working, the door not closing and sounding like a dying cat meowing, the horrible customer service, the inconvenient parking, I literally drove home at 1:30am. Thank god I only live 40 minutes away. I slept in the lobby for 45 minutes after midnight waiting for the front desk staff to come up to my room to verify that that remote was broken while my family was teying to sleep on the phone with hotel manager. Very unprofessional! I feel like I was robbed for having to spend $179 to relocate my elderly mother's birthday weekend for this joke of a hotel. We got no sleep and her birthday was completely ruined.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank Meganwiz7
Reviewed July 30, 2017

Lovely - no complaints - for a 2 star hotel you can't do better. The lobby and rooms are clean and modern. The staff are friendly and helpful. The location is great. Parking is free and easy. Good wifi.

Room Tip: Marilyn Monroe room nice view
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

So, I chose this hotel for four nights in Hollywood Beach because of the location, and it checked off all the boxes for what I needed. If you're looking for the location, on the broadwalk, facing the ocean, near shopping and places to grab a bite in the Hollywood Beach area, and have moderate expectations and frugal leanings, this is a good spot for you. Parking is provided and all the beach gear, chairs, towels, etc.

If your expectations are a little higher you probably need to read on. Don't get me wrong, this is not a bad place at all, but it is an older property, so the size of the rooms is not something that changes with updates and remodels. It's just a little cramped in every way, elevator, halls, corners, bathrooms, desks for catching up on your emails. Not too bad, just tight maneuvering.

As far as the updates and modernization, it looks good, with the exception of the scuffing in the hallways. Everything you're looking for as far as modernization is there, mini fridge, microwave, flat screen, modern bathroom fixtures, wireless, coffee pot, in-room safe. But who ever heard of a beach front hotel with no hook to hang a wet bathing suit? That's my one "Really???" And the bed was "quite firm".

The AC unit needed to be set to 65 for it to kick on and drop to 75. The black out drapes helped a lot with keeping the room cool in the afternoon.

There is no carpet and that's just smart, it's beach. Sand and water are constantly being tracked in. And they just can't quite keep up with keeping that cleaned up. It goes with the territory. Speaking of that, there is a strong smell of disinfectant all the time, also goes with the tropical climate, mold and mildew control.

There is no food in this property, just rooms, but plenty of options are readily available just a few steps out the door. Take a few extra steps, the worst place you could possibly choose for breakfast is the closest. Explore just a little beyond option 1.

The staff is very friendly and helpful.

So all in all, I might stay there again, or check out a different spot. Now you know the details and can make an informed decision for yourself.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple