“Exhilarating!”

K1 Speed South Florida
Ranked #18 of 64 things to do in Hollywood
More attraction details
Owner description: The premise behind the creation of K1 Speed was to offer enthusiasts and amateurs alike an authentic and genuine racing experience in a safe, comfortable, accessible and perhaps most importantly, unique environment. Utilizing advanced European electric karts and indoor asphalt tracks, K1 Speed quickly developed a reputation as being fun and exciting, and our growth has been continuous since we first opened our doors. In addition to our Arrive and Drive racing option, which allows individuals to visit our indoor karting centers anytime and experience the thrill of racing, we also offer racing leagues and a variety of packages for corporate events and group parties, which have proven quite popular. To meet the needs of customers and kart racing enthusiasts who demand more, we also have a Pro Shop - K1 Race Gear - which carries everything that a karter might need to compete at the track. At K1 Speed, our goal is to be synonymous with karting, and we think that we are on our way!
Miami, Florida, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Exhilarating!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My son and I went by ourselves for the first time and had a blast, then he decided to do his B'day party there, 10 friends, the boys had an amazing experience racing and playing foosball and video games! It was a great place to take the guys!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Miriam6283

H
109 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Great Race place but lots of wait”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This place is great for kids and adults. If you are not part of a party, I suggest going when they open because the racing lanes book quick. You can call over the phone or check online but after a certain time like midday the place is packed! They have a few arcade games to play but other than that, its race only. I rated this very good because of the wait times to race. If you go on the weekends, its full. Walk in can take up to a few hours if you want to race and there is a limited amount of activities inside to pass the time. Otherwise, this place is great to race!

Naples, Florida
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“More fun than I expected!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

On a weekend trip to the Hollywood area, my husband suggested going to K1. I decided to go with an open mind and not worry about the realization that I would most likely be in last place and just try to remember that it was all about having fun....and BOY was it! From putting on the sock hat to the helmet and then learning how to adjust the speed in the turns and brake just a little but not too much, I had a blast! We decided to do 3 races and took a short break in between each one to talk about it and figure out how to do better. I lowered my overall time in each of my races and ended the day feeling like I had definitely gotten my money's worth and "fun factor's" worth! Looking forward to going again and bringing my teenage son!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank ANoRegretsDay
Sandy, Utah
126 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Great Family Activity!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Our second visit to K1 Speed in Hollywood, FL was just as great as the first! Sign-up for an additional family member was a snap, and within 30 minutes our teens were on the track. They had a blast zooming down the straight and clipping apexes in turns! Just as before, the boys were talking about this for DAYS after they had visited.

The only way to improve K1 is to make it less expensive. $20 a race is just too much for a large family. There weren't any Groupon deals available, so we could only do one race. (Important point: If the races were cheaper, we would have spent more money overall, because of the perceived value.)

All in all, K1 is a great way for teens and adults to have an adrenaline-laced blast together!

1 Thank scribblin
Miami
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Good for teens and children”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is nice if you want to drive and compete with your friends!
It is indoors so you can get away from the heat!