“Location is awesome”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ocean Alley

Ocean Alley
Ranked #37 of 593 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Maywood, New Jersey
“Location is awesome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Good food,.friendly.service but more.expensive than i anticipated. Kids meals are only $5 but we made up for that savings with the apps which are costly. It was an enjoyable donner witha gorgeous oceanview

• Visited April 2013

• Turkish first
“Can't beat the view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Located on the boardwalk on Hollywood beach, this is one of our favorite places! We often go there for breakfast, omelette are good. We've also bee there for lunch and dinner, try the fried green beans. Service is friendly, food portions good, but the laid back vacation atmosphere is the highlight! Definitely recommend this place to everyone!

Visited March 2013
New York Metro
“Beautiful Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

The location was very nice, great view. Service is slow, great if you are just relaxing. Prices were a bit high. Food was good.

• Visited March 2013
Brighton, MI
“We had a good time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went to Ocean Alley for a late Happy Hour. Got a place right on the boardwalk so the view was outstanding and the people watching second to none. Our waitress, Gina was clearly over worked, but very, very friendly. I told her we would be taking full advantage of their two-for-one drinks. She smiled and was more than willing to help out. My wife ordered some kind of berry martini, looked and tasted like Kool Aid, so they were very easy to throw down. I didn't feel like a martini so I ordered Dewar's and soda, the wait began... My wife's came after a short wait, but not mine. Finally the maitre d came and said they were out of Dewar's; I asked about J&B he said fine. I waited more than a few more minutes and went to the bar myself and saw the bartender pour something in to a short glass and add some soda and put it on the server station. I tried to catch his eye, but he was WAY overworked, too. One bartender for a full bar/restaurant of Happy Hour drinkers is about two too few. I told the maitre d that whatever it was wasn't J&B, how 'bout we try Johnnie Walker (I saw the bottle, so I knew that was possible). That worked, still a long wait, however.
Catching the gist that there was a long wait for everything, we ordered some sautéed mussels with the drink order. They came, eventually and were well worth the wait. A reasonable amount in a tasty, salty broth with some toast points. The second drink order came with a comment from Gina about some more bread, we said YES. The broth is great for soaking bread. Now was the time to order more drinks too, so that we didn't miss out on Happy Hour and considering the wait, get 'em two at a time! Since we were still hungry, let's try some coconut shrimp this time. They cane relatively quickly and were very good with a marmalade sauce for dipping.
The wait is way too long and even at two-for-one, the drinks are overpriced, but you are on the beach in Hollywood, FL so suck it up and Pay 'Da Man...
Will we go back? Yes, we will. Will we go for Happy Hour? You bet, but earlier, like right at 3:00, maybe the wait is better, we shall see. We just like Hollywood Beach and the sights and sounds.

• Visited April 2013
“Good food but a little expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I really liked the food and the service was good. The prices were a little high but about the rest of the places on the boardwalk

Visited April 2013