“Glad I didn't read the reviews before!”
Review of Ocean Alley

Ocean Alley
Ranked #39 of 648 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Well based on the reviews I just read..I probably wouldn't have gone. But a group of 8 of us went there for a late dinner. The service was great. And not a complaint in the house about the food, nor did anyone get sick. The blackened Mahi-Mahi was what most had, one person had the crab cakes and they were awesome. The key-lime pie was awesome as well as the chocolate cake. It didn't seem that overpriced for the location on the water...considering restaurants down the street & at the Westin wanted ~30 for blackened Mahi-Mahi and it was 19 here. Overall I'd probably go back.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

The food here is frighteningly bad. The service is the worst ( we were ignored for 35 minutes until my husband got up and told the manager we were leaving ). then she quickly came over and took our order

I saw a rat in the evening by the kitchen licking plates of dessert. A server dropped a hamburger on the floor and quickly put it back on the plate and tried to serve it to a customer until I opened my mouth and told the customer. Needless to say, the server wasnt too happy . The customers left and then I complained to the owner ( a dried up, weathered, haggard 60s leftover with an alcoholic mentality)
This place is a typical Hollywood Beach low-life tourist trap. Many have gotten deathly ill here
Stay AWAY from Ocean Alley and the drinks are way overpriced for this DUMP

Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

The place looks average, BUT we arrived with a service animal and were challenged. We were sat in a back corner and forgotten for 30 minutes, no drinks, utensils, or water. Drinks took 40 to 50 minutes and were empty twice as long, before the took the next order for refills; which we received as we were leaving. The drinks were week. Three hours later, and the poorest service in years, myself and four small kids, we given a bill with 20% gratuity already included!
Don't request chocolate milk for the kids, they'll make it for you, but forget the chocolate.

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I love going there just for the oysters ;) . Fresh and yummy.
We always order a dozen...6 is not enough.
If u are into seafood will definitely recomend this plate ......

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I like to get up early, grab my camera, run to the beach and take sunrise photos...
After the sun rises, I like to ride my bike along the Boardwalk and look for an early morning breakfast.
Ocean Alley has my hours!!
They are usually the first restaurant open for breakfast..

I grab a seat right on the Boardwalk, I order coffee and watch the early morning walkers.
They have music flowing, everyone is waking up, dishes are clanging, coffee is brewing and life is beginning on the beach.

Their food is consistently delicious, reasonable, always made fresh and quickly and the waitstaff is very friendly and accommodating.

Last breakfast there was a bowl of grits and 3 eggs... I think she charged me like $5.41 with tax.. How's that for reasonable?

Another time I had steak and 2 fried eggs, with coffee and I don't remember paying more than $10 for it..

I spend my summers in Hollywood and like to be on the beach pretty much all the time.. I have been eating at Ocean Alley for about 12+ yrs... Whether it's been breakfast, lunch or dinner...
Whether I'm solo or with a large group.. I've always had good food, good portions, good service, everything is timely and I believe their prices are good.....

I will continue to have my early morning breakfasts here every summer while I'm in South Florida. I really like this place...