“Good value” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 28 Hollywood B&B and Inns
Kansas City, Missouri
“Good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Wanted something that felt a little more Old Florida than the hotel my conference was at. My suite was roomy, clean and quiet. The short walk to the beach and boardwalk had me on the beach for sunrise and sunset. Many good restaurants within blocks. Staff were pleasant and helpful when I asked for seafood recommendations. It met my expecations, and my budget.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Norwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Only thing this place has going for it, is the Location. It is very near the Boardwalk, restaurants, water taxi and trolley.

Otherwise very uncomfortable bed, small room, not particulary clean. No work top space or chair for us ladies to put our toiletries and blow dry our hair.
The blinds up the window are completely ineffective and light shone in the room all night.
Really noisy air con. Thin walls, as previously mentioned conversations can been heard both sides of the room. The Pool is on the main road and not heated.
$6 dollars to park your car per day.

I personally would not stay there again or recommend anyone to stay there.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back maybe quieter
3 Thank evahilton
MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This place was probably one of the only times TA reviews have ever let me down. Overall, this place was an OK value based on the pros. But the Cons are what really earned the 2 star review.
Pros: Location (awesome for the Broadwalk, water taxi, trolley), refrigerator/microwave/sink in a separate kitchenette type area, decent outside seating areas (plastic Adirondacks around, beach chairs near pool & wicker furniture area to hang out outside)
Cons: Street noise, thin walls, $6 per night parking, moderate cleanliness, worn down amenities, some really foul smell in our room. I don't know what it was, but it was startling walking into and persisted during the stay. There were air fresheners, so they must know it smells.

We also were not thrilled with the fact that we checked in to a non-working toilet. When I asked to have it fixed, they asked me if we had stuck anything down it! What?! It was barely flushing. They called the on-call handyman, who left a mess while we were at dinner & did not properly fix it. He had to come back the next day, and fix it again (or for the first time). That time it was fixed, but again, left a wet mess in our bathroom.

So I guess if budget-friendly, mediocre places are your thing, this is your place! Just be sure to bring your ear and nose plugs.

• 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank NJCARES
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We are staying here at the moment and its just okay. The bed is sort of comfortable but the tv is complete static and the walls are paper thin. I can hear the conversations on both sides of our room. The location is pretty good as we are right between the bay and the beach and there are quite a few dining options near by, but overall this hotel is just average.

Room Tip: corner rooms are probably a little more quiet
Hamburg, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed over New Year at this Hotel. Our room wasn't a suite (as expected by the name) it was just a room with a bed and a attached bathroom. It was clean and the staff was very friendly.
The location is good (close to the beach) and some restaurants.
To stay for some days it is good, but not more.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 5 days with our two kids, aged 2 and 5. We were pleasantly surprised at this place. It is definitely not a 5 star resort, but for around $100.00 a night...you get a lot for your money. You are a block and a half from the beach, playgrounds, and restaurants. Across the street, on the bay side, is more restaurants. I highly recommend Giorgio's Bakery for waterfront dining serving breakfast through dinner. They were very kid friendly. The hotel also supplies you with unlimited beach chairs, umbrellas, beach toys and beach towels. They also have brand new barbecues on a large terrace with plenty of seating under umbrellas. They helped us set up a BBQ for 10 guests. The rooms are clean, and the kitchen is great. The pool is cold, but compared to 14 degrees in New York, I was not complaining. The fold out couch in the living room was great for the kids. There is also coin operated laundry machines which you can use after 4:00 P.M. The staff was beyond helpful and attentive. They went out of their way to make our vacation special. My only complaint is the room upstairs was very loud around 2:00 AM with dragging furniture across the tile floors. So I would recommend a second floor room.

Room Tip: Book a second floor room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Voj14
Beacon, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I recently spent 5 days/ 4 night here. We had an efficiency unit that overlooked the pool. Having a separate living room and kichen was great. My husband was able to nap and I could still relax and watch t.v or be in the kitchen without disturbing him. I could see myself coming back here again. The staff was very nice and even went out of their way to get us checked in early and let us use a bathroom/changing area after we had checked out on the last day. It was very quiet during our stay and couldn't think of one complaint.

Room Tip: We had room 39 I believe. 2nd floor over looking pool. 2nd one in if you are coming from the office...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple