“Nice place, close to Hollywood Beach”

Hollywood Beachside Boutique Suites
Ranked #4 of 28 Hollywood B&B and Inns
Norway
“Nice place, close to Hollywood Beach”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife and I used this hotel for a 3-night stay. Booked via hotels.com and the room was ready according to reservation and best of all - available parking space although we arrived late in the evening.
As others has said before, this is a newly renovated hotel. Very nice rooms and comfortable bed. We stayed in a studio with refridgerator, sink and cooking facilities. The only problem we had was that the room was a connected one, and connected with a regular door. We could hear the guy staying there coff and breathe at night. But, it was only annoying and did'nt ruin our stay.
Outside there was a pool and a large patio. We had a few beers in the evenings at the patio, but never used the pool. It all worked very well for us.
We will be back next year.

Room Tip: We had room 21 that was a connected studio. It was in the back so very little traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ekre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Just got back from a 5 night stay at the Hollywood Beachside Boutique Suites. Wasn't the worst place I have stayed, but it was pretty dissapointing.

We called ahead to make sure there would be a crib for our 6 month old. When we arrived they said, "sorry, all our cribs are being used." When we told them we called ahead to book one, they replied, "there are no guarantees that there will be one available." I was furrious, and the staff I was talking to was not very helpful until I made a real stink about it. He finally arranged to get another crib from Walmart (our idea, not his), but he would charge us $10 extra a night for it. I complained about this to the woman who checked us out and she waived the fee, which I was happy about but I wish I didn't have to complain so much about something that was their fault!

The room was much smaller than we expected - not a 'suite' by any stretch of the imagination. Just a double bed with a kitchenette all in one small room - no living room area unless you get the 'one bedroom' suite. I thought the website was misleading about this - we expected a living room area as well.

There is no daily maid service, but they do give you new towels each day. When our room got very sandy I asked the front desk if we could borrow a broom to sweep our floor - they told me they would get someone to do it. No one came that day. The next day I just asked the maid myself when she came with our towels and then she swept the floor very quickly and missed a lot of sand.

The pool is tiny, right beside the highway with cars zooming by and it is FREEZING cold - quite dissapoitning. The lounge area is quite nice and the location of this hotel is fantastic. I don't think I would stay here again. But I guess that's what you get for the price.

Room Tip: the only 'suites' are the 'one bedroom' ones - the 'delux suites' are just a...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Knox, Indiana
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions (pre and post cruise). First, the location is superb. Two blocks from Hollywood broadwalk, with plenty of things to do and places to eat. The hotel has been newly refinished. The design of the rooms are very nice. All new furniture, paint, appliances, fixtures and linens. I loved the "beachy" feel. However, many problems during our stay. Making a reservation was difficult. When they answered, I was told " I'll have to call you back". She didn't. I had to place a second call myself, I was a little worried about then giving my credit card number to the hotel, but continued with my reservation. Our first night while out to dinner I missed two calls from the hotel. They left me no message. When I tried to return the call I only got a voice mail. So, not knowing the problem, and worried something was wrong we returned early. No one is in the office after 8 pm, so I was unable to find out why I was called. The next am at 815 office was still locked and I saw employees waiting to be let in. Hmmm. When we checked out later I asked about the call and the office clerk said he didn't call me. It's apparently a mystery Ill never have an answer for.

Our second stay was in a one bedroom suite. On initial look we loved it. But we quickly found many issues. We smelled gas in the kitchen, so my husband thought it wise to close the gas shutoff to be safe. It was easily accessible under the sink. We informed management. No one during our stay came to check it out. Later we found that water was not hot (later realized if you let it run literally 10 minutes it warmed up). So, we called the office number. It was after 8 pm, no answer. We left message to call back not stating the problem. No one returned our call. Floor was dirty, my feet were very black 5 min after I got out of the shower. Found a toothpaste cap under the sink. Lightbulb out in bathroom. Toilet seat loose on the commode. Lots of paint slopped on tile floors around trim. No full length mirror. No plug near sink and mirror in bathroom. No linens in the kitchen. No hair dryer. All these things may be coming soon, and I understand a new business in the making. However, it's not costly to just simply provide good customer service by returning a call--this is a safety issue. What if we had an emergency? There is no phone in the office at all. I called once during office hours and still didn't get an answer. I had to walk from my room to the office. It's too bad, the potential for a great place to stay was missed due to a few minor expenses and poor business management.

10 Thank Saf186
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Great location for the price and the hotel was clean and newly remodeled. Kitchenette was sparse... nothing much to cook with but had plates and silver and glasses for two. coffee maker and microwave. but no filters or coffee in room. refrigerator was perfect for champagne! bed was okay, linens decent, towles... some soft some not. Tv was across from bed on the far wall so we could hear our neighbors tv through our headboard but not too badly.
about 100 yards from the broadwalk. the pool was near the busy street so not so welcoming but the loung/deck was nice with huge umbrellas and palm trees.
I would reccommend

Room Tip: ask for a room on the east side of the building where you can "just" see the beach and opp...
1 Thank pickleandonion
Long Island, New York
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Luckily we were upgraded to a larger room, so we had a room with kitchen. Perfect location, so close to the beautiful Hollywood beach and boardwalk, and across the street from A1A. There's a pool and a geat place to watch the sunset, parking, even laundry machines if needed. Very clean, the staff is extremely helpful. Not luxury.

Room Tip: Away from highway
5 Thank HappyNY97
MI
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I found this hotel online and made my reservation a month in advance after my husband spoke with the hotel mgr over the phone. When we arrived I was happy to hear that we were the first ones to actually sleep in our room! They just opened up two weeks ago as it had been newly renovated. We have a one bedroom suite/full kitchen which is very nice and cozy.. I love the colors and the modern type furniture they have set inside the room. The bed is comfy and that's very important for me as I tend to have back issues from time to time because I travel alot in the winter. All in all everything is good and I would definately come back here and stay again. You have FREE parking for your car when staying here and your only a block or so away walking distance right to the broadwalk. They just delivered new patio lounge chairs by the pool which is a nice touch and also more patio furniture close to the office for a meeting type place.. you can sit there and mingle and have your coctails sitting in very nice modern type chairs and couches. The only negative thing I can say about the room would be to put a tv in the bedroom...as there is only one in the living room and me and my husband like to relax in bed watching tv before going asleep... other thing would be to have a bathroom rug or a bath mat... the floor is tile and is cold.. when stepping out of the shower I had to put a clean towel on the floor just to use as a mat so that the water wasn't everywhere/slippery. Add another Mirror... there is only one small size mirror in the bathroom so you can't really get ready in front of it as its too high up. The other thing is to have a broom available in the kitchen area.. when returning from the beach daily there was nothing but sand all over the floor which bothered me.. I am clean person and my feet were feeling dirty just walking around.. I had my flip flops on the whole time. The kitchen was fine... coffee pot / dishes/ hot water t-pot/ microwave / toaster. I would add a sponge for a dish rag for the sink area.. instead I was using a hand towel. And add a flat spatula and maybe a sauce pan. They provide two pans for cooking on a 2 burner glass top stove. There is a housekeeper available to change out towels whenever needed or to mop the floors just mention it to the office and they are very nice about everything and makin sure your stay is comfortable. All in all it was a good experience here staying 9 nights and I am already planning on coming back in March! PS.. they had wireless internet and I had no problems the whole time logging in.

Room Tip: rooms south of the office building may be quieter due to the noisy traffic that goes by off the main...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank lovemexico14
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Hotel was beautifully renovated. Rooms are brand new & very large, much superior to the surrounding hotels. The ambiance of this hotel was very relaxing and had a nice beachy ambiance. Management made sure all my needs were met! Would definitely recommend this hotel to friends & family and would stay here again. The location is great and across the street from good restaurants, they even have a Greek place you can dance on tables.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple