“Yummy!” 4 of 5 stars

The Greek Joint
Ranked #36 of 561 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Miramar, Florida
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

My friends and I really enjoyed our lunch there. The food was good and wait staff pleasant. Will certainly go back,

• Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Miami, Florida
“Hollywood, Florida OPA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I was a fan of the old location a block South on Harrison Street and I'm an even bigger fan of the new joint!

Here's why:
* Same great staff: I love their bartenders and servers and especially Rich the Chef!
* Same great owners - 2 brothers who are gentile, Greek, courteous, and committed to a better product.
* Same AWESOME food. I have so many favorites here it is difficult to list...
* Awesome Greek Salad. I get this EVERY time. It tastes like the mix the dressing in advance because the flavors are fused so fabulously. Fresh ingredients, great stuff.
* This new locale has much more square footage with indoor and outdoor seating for more people.
* Full. Liquor. Bar. Poy the bartendress is one of the finest. Just like Laura Linda! :-)
* Comprehensive craft beer offering.
* Located next to one of my favorite Irish Bars: Mickey Byrnes Irish Bar

Ding, ding, ding... SCORE! Other menu faves over the years: Grilled Pork chops and mixed veggies, Pita bread and the three dip appetizer, Sauteed Mussels in white wine and garlic (Oh Yeah), the list goes on...

Go, eat, drink, repeat, and put me on your Christmas Card list. Chicka, chicka.

Cabeza OPA!

• Visited April 2014
Hollywood, Florida
“Horrific”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Having been in the restaurant business for many years I know food...When you visit a place called "The Greek Joint" you expect Greek inspired food...not the case here. I have had many Gyros at many different places throuighout the country and abroad...all were made with lamb...Not at The greek Joint...My Gyro was filled with a deep fried horrible looking piece of road kill...Yuk! The pita bread was hard and dry, the sauce was so pungent it was hard to swallow. Needless to say the meal was less than acceptable, but the service was worse...Lunch for 2 was $50.00...which I do not mind paying that much if the food is at least edible....The owners need to pay a vist to "My Big Fat Greek Restaurant" or even "Miami Subs" ( who serves excellent Gyros) and take a lesson on Good Greek Food...Would never return to this place.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Lilly S
Hollywood, Florida
“Ask for Tommy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to the Hollywood Blvd. location. We ate lunch on the shaded patio. My father is in a wheelchair and the entire restaurant is accessible to him. The service was perfect! Thomas is attentive without being intrusive. He knows the menu and he kept our drinks filled. I enjoyed my meal and will definitely return!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great restaurant with fresh Greek food in excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We came here for the first time for St.Patrick day for a late bite. It was really awesome. I immediately ordered spinach pie which I do everywhere they have it. This was the BEST spinach pie I ever had. I ordered one home.
They have a wide selection of beers. I was surprised they have Funky budda beer for exactly the same price as in Funky budda itself. Everything we ordered was great. These guys really try to give you the best value for the money. Everything tasted like home made, was fresh, I loved the spicy spread, excellent with beer.
I hoe they don't go anywhere, this particular location was not very lucky. Over the years so many owners changed. it would really be my favorite place on Hollywood blvd to eat, sit outside and enjoy beatifull weather, and music from next door restaurant.
Being a vegeterian it's hard to find a good restaurant that has so many choices in vegeterian menu.

• Visited March 2014