New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of The Greek Joint

The Greek Joint
Ranked #34 of 574 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

They recently moved to hollywood blvd. The food and service is amazing! And the price is good for what you eat. The ribs, caprese and specials are excellent.

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hollywood, Florida
“Good food, lacks in service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I placed an order here the other night. Previously the business was located on Harrison Street in downtown Hollywood. They moved a couple of blocks away. However when I called to place my take out order, no one mentioned this. Going to downtown Hollywood on a saturday night is a nightmare. there is no parking anywhere, its impossible. after 15 minutes of finding parking and walking to the store, I find a notice on the door that they moved as of Oct. 1. I was there October 5. You think someone would mention this when taking a take out order? So 15 more minutes of finding parking and I walk in.

Now it's been at least 45 minutes since I placed my order and was told it would take 20 to 25 minutes. I walk to the bar and see a couple of people there. There were 2 bartenders/waitresses behind the bar. I told them I put an order in and gave them my name. Next thing I know I see the bartender hand the bill to a gentleman at the bar who I assumed to be a patron. He turns around and hands it to me. Now...You've got this beautiful new restaurant, beautiful girls working this bar, and they give the bill to a guy wearing a white t shirt and cargo pants to hand to me. Whatever

Now I'm waiting. Watching a college football game they had on a tv. And waiting. Still waiting. 3 minutes go by on the clock from the college football game. Anyone who watched college football knows this is really 5-6 minutes in real time.

Now I'm thinking to myself...what is taking so long? It's been almost an hour since I placed my order...shouldn't it be ready to go by now? Then my friend in the white t shirt comes out with the bag and hands it to me with my change.

Not the brightest experience I've had there.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank manzellam
“Great Place, Excellent Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

This is the perfect cafe style Greek restaurant. The food is so good while the presentation very pretty. The server was basically taking care of almost everyone and doing a great job of it! Many thanks for a wonderful time!!!

• Visited August 2013
Hollywood, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simple but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

This restaurant isn't fancy but the food was fresh and tasty. Good Greek salad with lots of feta, nice and cold and good gyro. It's a come as you are or good for takeout.

Visited March 2013
Hollywood
“yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

A really nice, generous serving of Spanikopita makes this a favorite for lunch or dinner. I love it!

Visited May 2013