“We had a wonderful time, service was excellent, everyone was pleasant and helpful.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Ranked #10 of 69 Hotels in Hollywood
Teaneck, New Jersey
Reviewed February 15, 2011

From the moment we came into the Inn, everyone was pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable. It was clean actualoly spotless and we enjoyed our stay here. We came in December, February and will be coming agan in April.

Zelda and Bryan Stern

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Let me start by saying the rooms are spacious! That's where it ends.

On the downside, the staff is ferociously rude/lazy (except for one of the late night attendants). One particularly unfriendly front desk wench was mad I had missed her visiting my door with a package. Never mind that I wasn't there AND had a "do not disturb" sign hanging up and received no messages saying I had a package in the first place. "Were you sleeping?!" she asked angrily.
The non-smoking rooms smell like stale smoke (I'm here with several co-workers and all of the rooms have the problem).
There is not enough parking for the hotel guests. "Make sure you move the car when people start leaving at 5 am" was the response we got to parking in a makeshift spot we found. And we are 3 rooms of people all using just 1 car!
The lobby is disorganized with oddly match tables lined up to look like a down trodden summer camp cafeteria.
The vast majority of the other guests look significantly older than the cast of the movie "Cocoon."
The fitness room is about the size of a broom closet with a pre-historic treadmill, exercise bike, and elliptical machine (and 1 chest exercise machine).
The pool is only slightly bigger than a large hot tub.
My last night when I got back to the hotel to ask where I should park since literally every square inch was taken up my triple parked cars... there was no one in the office. FOR AN HOUR! My biggest regret is that I didn't take that opportunity to rob the hotel, much the same way the hotel robbed my company for charging money to stay here.
The "Business" Center has 2 computers, one of which was out of commission. The copy machine was also out of order. The computer that did work was not able to open Adobe, which is essential for opening pdf files that are necessary for contracts. Perhaps "business" should be taken off the door to the room.
First time I ever had our work travel department change hotels during the trip.
AVOID!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank BCarr1981
Lovinguhere, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel through TripAdvisor, howeve, I'm terribly sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. I take complaints very seriously and want let you know that I have addresed each and every one of items mentioned in your review to make sure that they do not occur again in the future to any of our guest. Once again thank you for staying with us and reviewing our property in TripAdvisor.

Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed February 10, 2011

Okay ... we were looking for a hotel near the airport in order to catch an early morning flight, and this fits that bill. But we stay at Hampton Inns all the time and have a pretty good idea what to expect from the experience. This one is a dismal example, and if it were the only Hampton Inn we had ever visited, we'd be staying elsewhere from now on. The sheets are so gray,you really can't tell whether they're clean or not. There was no lapboard with TV listing on the bed (as there are in every Hampton Inn). When I asked about it, I was told they had "run out" of them. The metal stand on which the mattress sits "pops" every time we sit on the bed. I guess I would recommend either staying farther from the airport, or finding a better quality hotel in the vicinity.

1 Thank TheRobs
Thank you staying with us during your recent visit to our city and for taking the time to review our hotel in TripAdvisor, however I'm sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. We take complaints very seriuosly and want you to rest assured that those issues have been addressed with the appropriate department heads. Once again, thank you staying with us a reviewing our hotel in TripAdvisor.

Assitant General Manager
denver
Reviewed February 8, 2011

We stayed one night pre-cruise. We called the hotel after we got our luggage from the airport, and they picked us up within ten minutes. The young lady named Cynthia checked us in and was polite but brief. We forgot to book the shuttle to the cruise port for the next morning, so we came back to the hotel after dinner to do that. If we hadn't gotten in line to check, we wouldn't have overhear Cynthia telling another customer about the hot breakfast served from what time to what time in the morning. Nothing was mentioned to us at all! I think because we were not a regular customer at this chain of hotel, we received different service. The same with checking out, those guys are not very friendly at all.

The hotel itself is pretty, clean, and the room is spacious. Plus it was nice to have the free transportation, and to have a free hot breakfast before the cruise or a trip...It just might be a whole lot better if the front staff was more friendly to people no matter who they are and where they are from. We might stay here again in future with our children for our next cruise.

1 Thank tanyababanya
Thank for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about our hotel in TripAdvisor, I'm happy to hear that you had a good time and enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure that there's a little more consitensy about information given upon arrival. Once again thank for staying with a filling out a positive review, you input is very valuable and appreciated. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Midland, Michigan
Reviewed January 26, 2011

We booked our stay with a travel agent and thought it was a good value because of Hampton's reputation and because extended parking while we were cruising and transportation to and from Port Everglades was included. In fact our initial stay was largely a good experience, nice rooms, good breakfast and helpful staff. The lobby was extremely crowded with cruise passengers and we waited well over an hour for our transportation.

Upon our return to the hotel we found our vehicle had been broken into with two windows smashed, interior damage, and over $1000.00 in personal belongings missing. Our luggage and clothing were scattered throughout our vehicle and into an adjacent vacant lot. Hotel employees had covered one of our windows, the other had no covering. Prior to cruising we were told by the desk clerk to park in the rear of the lot, upon our return we discovered the two security lights at the rear of the lot were not working.

I want to be fair, the hotel did give us an extra nights stay because we could not leave until our window was replaced, they did help retrieve our luggage and clothing, and they did vacuum broken glass and cover windows with plastic. I asked if they could help with repairs and they said they were not responsible and they had signs in the lot to prove it. The signs should have been a clue to me. We were told by local officials and residents that this is a dangerous area and that , "they would not park their car there". We felt violated and helpless, and the hotel's response to us only served to amplify those feelings.

It was a horrible end to an otherwise pleasant vacation. We strongly believe that if the hotel is going to offer "free parking" especially for an extended stay, it should be secure parking. It is obvious from our experience, local reputation, and the necessity to place signs in the lot, that parking at Hampton Inn & Suites, 2500 Stirling Rd. Hollywood, Florida, IS NOT SAFE. Future customers beware!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to fill complete a review for our hotel in TripAdvisor, however, I'm terribly sorry to hear that you had to go through such a bad experience with your vehicle being broken into. Please rest assured that this has being addresed and we have extended our security hours, as well as intalled new surveillance cameras to make sure that incidents like this do not repeat themselves in the future.

montreal
Reviewed January 20, 2011

we would strongly recommend this hotel for many reasons. We left our car for 10 days at the hotel while we took a cruise and opted to stay at the hotel after our cruise, it came out cheaper than if we had left our car at the port. We called the night before and put our name in for shuttle and when we arrived our name was on the list and we hopped on the shuttle and they took us to the terminal. We were wondering how it would be for them to pick us up and we had a wait of about 1/2 hour, no problem. They gave us a suite which was great and the location is nice, the beach was close by and we ended up going there for the afternoon (it was about a 10 minute drive) The beds were comfortable and the breakfast great, they even have breakfast to go which is nice if you don't have much time. So all in all this was a great hotel and when you think that it is cheaper than parking at the port well it's a steal!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review, we appreciate your positive feedback and will be sure to share your compliments with our staff. Thank you for your positive comments. Hope to see you soon.
Erika Diaz
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Upon first entering the reception I immediately smelled mold and other foul odors.
I thought I had two queen beds. They have no queen beds. My mistake.
The certificate on the elevator expired on 8/2009. That is scary.
Once in the suite we noticed:
1.Could not turn off the air conditioning fan—had to get up and close all the vents.
2. Bedroom had a chair missing.
3. The refrigerator seal was in bad need of replacement.
4. The electrical socket near the vanity was loose and did not work.
5. The bedroom closet door was off its hinges.
6. Asked for a cot—“Don’t have one.”
7. Asked for a blanket—“Don’t have any.”
8. Sheets on sofa bed were dirty. Went down and asked for two sets of sheets as my brother-in-law decided to sleep on the floor. Got one set.
9. Had to go down again to ask for towels—not enough for four people in room.
10. The microwave was broken—however we got it to work ourselves.
11. Staff were not nice, friendly or helpful. They evidently have lots of cruise traffic and could care less.
Breakfast—we could not get the waffle maker to cook the waffle properly. Finally the attendant told me to let her make it and to not bother to take it out as she would do it. I stood there for about five minutes. When she came back to take it out she chastised me for not taking it out! I was doing as she told me to do!!! Of course it was had and very brown but I ate it anyway as I did not want to deal with her anymore.
Transport to the cruise ship was great—however coming back was another problem. We were told to look for the orange colored buses and get on—none came in a reasonable amount of time so I got a cab ($18.70), went back to the hotel and picked up my car and went back to the terminal for my family. Later we were told that they only offer free transport to the terminal but not back. That was not my understanding when I booked the room.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Mssophdoph
Lovinguhere, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 17, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you choosing our Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Hollywood during your recent visit to our city, however, I'm terribly sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. Please accept our deepest apologies with issues you encountered with the indifference in attitude upon arrival and breakfast as well as condition of the room . We take complaints very seriously and want you please rest assured that these issues have been addressed with the appropriate department heads.
Our goal at the Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Hollywood is to please every guest every time, if there's anything we can do to further ensure your satisfaction please let me know. Once again thank for sharing your experience with us and bringing this issues up to our attention, your feedback is appreciated.

Erika Diaz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#8 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port

Property: Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Address: 2500 Stirling Rd, Hollywood, FL 33020-1122
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Hollywood
#11 Business Hotel in Hollywood
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn And Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport