Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Ranked #10 of 71 Hotels in Hollywood
denver
“It was a nice hotel”
Reviewed February 8, 2011

We stayed one night pre-cruise. We called the hotel after we got our luggage from the airport, and they picked us up within ten minutes. The young lady named Cynthia checked us in and was polite but brief. We forgot to book the shuttle to the cruise port for the next morning, so we came back to the hotel after dinner to do that. If we hadn't gotten in line to check, we wouldn't have overhear Cynthia telling another customer about the hot breakfast served from what time to what time in the morning. Nothing was mentioned to us at all! I think because we were not a regular customer at this chain of hotel, we received different service. The same with checking out, those guys are not very friendly at all.

The hotel itself is pretty, clean, and the room is spacious. Plus it was nice to have the free transportation, and to have a free hot breakfast before the cruise or a trip...It just might be a whole lot better if the front staff was more friendly to people no matter who they are and where they are from. We might stay here again in future with our children for our next cruise.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tanyababanya
Lovinguhere, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Thank for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about our hotel in TripAdvisor, I'm happy to hear that you had a good time and enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure that there's a little more consitensy about information given upon arrival. Once again thank for staying with a filling out a positive review, you input is very valuable and appreciated. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Kreick Rovelo
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed January 26, 2011

We booked our stay with a travel agent and thought it was a good value because of Hampton's reputation and because extended parking while we were cruising and transportation to and from Port Everglades was included. In fact our initial stay was largely a good experience, nice rooms, good breakfast and helpful staff. The lobby was extremely crowded with cruise passengers and we waited well over an hour for our transportation.

Upon our return to the hotel we found our vehicle had been broken into with two windows smashed, interior damage, and over $1000.00 in personal belongings missing. Our luggage and clothing were scattered throughout our vehicle and into an adjacent vacant lot. Hotel employees had covered one of our windows, the other had no covering. Prior to cruising we were told by the desk clerk to park in the rear of the lot, upon our return we discovered the two security lights at the rear of the lot were not working.

I want to be fair, the hotel did give us an extra nights stay because we could not leave until our window was replaced, they did help retrieve our luggage and clothing, and they did vacuum broken glass and cover windows with plastic. I asked if they could help with repairs and they said they were not responsible and they had signs in the lot to prove it. The signs should have been a clue to me. We were told by local officials and residents that this is a dangerous area and that , "they would not park their car there". We felt violated and helpless, and the hotel's response to us only served to amplify those feelings.

It was a horrible end to an otherwise pleasant vacation. We strongly believe that if the hotel is going to offer "free parking" especially for an extended stay, it should be secure parking. It is obvious from our experience, local reputation, and the necessity to place signs in the lot, that parking at Hampton Inn & Suites, 2500 Stirling Rd. Hollywood, Florida, IS NOT SAFE. Future customers beware!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to fill complete a review for our hotel in TripAdvisor, however, I'm terribly sorry to hear that you had to go through such a bad experience with your vehicle being broken into. Please rest assured that this has being addresed and we have extended our security hours, as well as intalled new surveillance cameras to make sure that incidents like this do not repeat themselves in the future.

Kreick Rovelo
Assistant General Manager
montreal
Reviewed January 20, 2011

we would strongly recommend this hotel for many reasons. We left our car for 10 days at the hotel while we took a cruise and opted to stay at the hotel after our cruise, it came out cheaper than if we had left our car at the port. We called the night before and put our name in for shuttle and when we arrived our name was on the list and we hopped on the shuttle and they took us to the terminal. We were wondering how it would be for them to pick us up and we had a wait of about 1/2 hour, no problem. They gave us a suite which was great and the location is nice, the beach was close by and we ended up going there for the afternoon (it was about a 10 minute drive) The beds were comfortable and the breakfast great, they even have breakfast to go which is nice if you don't have much time. So all in all this was a great hotel and when you think that it is cheaper than parking at the port well it's a steal!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review, we appreciate your positive feedback and will be sure to share your compliments with our staff. Thank you for your positive comments. Hope to see you soon.
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Upon first entering the reception I immediately smelled mold and other foul odors.
I thought I had two queen beds. They have no queen beds. My mistake.
The certificate on the elevator expired on 8/2009. That is scary.
Once in the suite we noticed:
1.Could not turn off the air conditioning fan—had to get up and close all the vents.
2. Bedroom had a chair missing.
3. The refrigerator seal was in bad need of replacement.
4. The electrical socket near the vanity was loose and did not work.
5. The bedroom closet door was off its hinges.
6. Asked for a cot—“Don’t have one.”
7. Asked for a blanket—“Don’t have any.”
8. Sheets on sofa bed were dirty. Went down and asked for two sets of sheets as my brother-in-law decided to sleep on the floor. Got one set.
9. Had to go down again to ask for towels—not enough for four people in room.
10. The microwave was broken—however we got it to work ourselves.
11. Staff were not nice, friendly or helpful. They evidently have lots of cruise traffic and could care less.
Breakfast—we could not get the waffle maker to cook the waffle properly. Finally the attendant told me to let her make it and to not bother to take it out as she would do it. I stood there for about five minutes. When she came back to take it out she chastised me for not taking it out! I was doing as she told me to do!!! Of course it was had and very brown but I ate it anyway as I did not want to deal with her anymore.
Transport to the cruise ship was great—however coming back was another problem. We were told to look for the orange colored buses and get on—none came in a reasonable amount of time so I got a cab ($18.70), went back to the hotel and picked up my car and went back to the terminal for my family. Later we were told that they only offer free transport to the terminal but not back. That was not my understanding when I booked the room.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Mssophdoph
Lovinguhere, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 17, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you choosing our Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Hollywood during your recent visit to our city, however, I'm terribly sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. Please accept our deepest apologies with issues you encountered with the indifference in attitude upon arrival and breakfast as well as condition of the room . We take complaints very seriously and want you please rest assured that these issues have been addressed with the appropriate department heads.
Our goal at the Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Hollywood is to please every guest every time, if there's anything we can do to further ensure your satisfaction please let me know. Once again thank for sharing your experience with us and bringing this issues up to our attention, your feedback is appreciated.

Victoria, BC
Reviewed December 21, 2010

Comfortable, quiet room, breakfast included. Shuttle from airport to hotel and also from hotel to cruise terminal. Only issue is that there is a Hampton Inn North and Hampton Inn South, so when calling to get the shuttle from the airport, make sure you know which one you want to go to.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Lovinguhere, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this review, December 23, 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your positive feedback and will be sure to share your compliments with our staff. Around these area we do have a few Hampton Inns, but the distance is not too far away, the only difference is we are the best!!!. Thank you for your positive comments again Mrs. Victoria_BCTravelbug.
We look forward to your next stay with us

Hampton inn & Suites
2500 Stirling Road
Hollywood, Fl. 33020
Bedford, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 12, 2010

We were looking for a suite to stay before and after our cruise. We picked Hampton Inn on Sterling Road (there are several Hampton Inns in the greater Ft Lauderdale area) because of complementary shuttle to/from airport (both Ft Lauderdale and Miami) and cruise port. It is also very well located, near a mall with several restaurant options within walking distance.

To get picked up from the airport, we were told to call and expect 20-30 mins wait time for the shuttle. After 30 mins, we called and was told that the shuttle is on its way, just another 10-15 mins. After another 15 mins, we called again and were told that there is only one van, and it is delayed because of a large party. Just another 15 mins. After another 15 mins, we called again and was told that the van was on the way. We told them that our 30-min wait has now stretched to over 1 hour and 15 mins and were told that the service is "complimentary", and there is only one van so there is nothing they can do about this. I told them that they could have told us the truth about how long we had to wait! Finally, after 90 mins of waiting, we took a cab for $25. Upon arrival at the hotel, we learned that the van had gone to the wrong pickup place. Had the front desk staff relayed to the driver our exact location as we told them over the phone, the whole thing may have been avoided. In any case, the manager apologized and gave us a $25 credit toward our bill.

The room itself is decent sized, with a small kitchen, full size fridge, dishwasher and stove. The living room has a pull-out sofa, although it was pretty uncomfortable to sleep on. The bedroom is separated from the living room and bathroom by a door, so our kids can sleep quietly in the bedroom while we watch TV in the living room. There are two comfortable double beds in the bedroom. The bathroom has a double-sink vanity area separated from the shower/bathtub/toilet area by a door. The bedroom and living room each has a flat HDTV (one is 32" and the other one is 40"). There are plenty of closet space for a family of four. In summary, we are very happy with the room.

The complimentary breakfast buffet is below average. There were not a lot of choices and the waffle machine did not work well, creating long lines of people waiting. My son has food allergies so we were trying to figure out what he could and could not eat by looking at the ingredient lists. The staff at the other places we stayed at were helpful and let us look at the ingredient lists and helped us choose what our son could and could not eat. Not so here. Their attitude was that they were not willing to help, so our son ended up eating only boxed cereal. We would have been fine if they just took the time and look for boxes and tell us that they couldn't find any.

I had another bad experience with the guest computers. I needed to print out the boarding passes and there were two computers for guests to use. Only one, however, was connected to the printer. Both were occupied by people who spent a long time surfing the internet and emails. There was no sign up sheet or policy as to time limit when other guests are waiting. After waiting for 20 mins, I asked if either one of them would mind give me 5 mins and let me print out the boarding passes. Neither would and they started arguing with each other about how long each had been on the computer. The front desk staff let me use their computer but their printer didn't work. Thankfully the guests who argued with each other got mad and both left the room, so I was able to use the computer. The staff told me that there are no policy regarding computer use, but this is something they should consider to avoid situations like this.

Overall, the room was nice and comfortable, but the guest services could use some improvement.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Lovinguhere, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this review, December 21, 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing your review and for letting us know about your disappointment. Please accept our sincere apologies and allow me to explain some of the items on your review. From your review it is clear you noticed that our breakfast was below your espectations, Hampton Hotels has an standards in their food. we follow the standards, our continental breakfast includes: pancakes, cereal, breads, muffins, milk, tea coffee and we serve hot breakfast as well as eggs, french toast, pizza bagels. I do apologyze for not deserved you request. In regards to the van service, I do apologyze as well due to the reason we had a big group same time same date as your arrival. I already talked to my front desk and specify them when we had a group, our guest couldn't wait and offer them to take a taxi as soon as possible.
I understand your concerns about the ingredients of the food, which we created a list of all the food came from our supplier with all ingredients on it. I really appreciated your time, but I will like to discuss all these problem with you by phone.
I really apologyze again for all theinconvenience.
Please can you e-mail me at erika.diaz@hilton.com or call me back at 9549220011.
I will appreciate your call soon.
Thank you so much .I hope you give us another chance in the future.

California
Reviewed December 10, 2010

This hampton inn is located very close to the FLL airport. It is easily reached off 95 freeway off the stirling road exit. There is a large number of restaurants/mall complexes nearby.
We stayed here for a total of 5 nights due to a local conference.

The rooms were adequate, we had a suite so space was very adequate -- nice kitchenette with micro, electric range, and dishwasher with refrigerator. There were 2 tvs in the room and it felt like a 1 bedroom flat.

The staff are extremely busy in this hotel, breakfast time was crowded and food was quickly exhausted through with slow turn-around. The manager was very helpful. There was an airport shuttle that runs 1x/hour on the hour. This was useful as we had an early flight and the rental car companies don't open until 6:30am so we returned our car the night before making it easier the next day.

The one complaint was that the hotel was on the older side and was showing its age. For its location, it was great, but we've stayed in much nicer hampton inns with better amenities. Their business center, copier was broken , printer did not work, and computers were relatively old. wifi was free but slow.

if you need a place close to the airport , this is the place to be.. but realize there may be better hotels a little farther out with lower prices and better amenities. overall, i was not disappointed but felt standards were a bit lower than other hampton inns we've stayed at.

Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Trekkersocal
Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn & Suites –Hollywood Fl. and for taking a moment to share your review.
My name is Erika Diaz, General Manager. I am excited to read your comments and will gladly share with my team.
Our everyday goal is to exceed our guests’ expectations and really enjoy creating experiences whether that is your first or tenth visit to Fort Lauderdale. I am happy to see we succeeded with your stay. I really sorry about your inconvenience with the printer in our business center. we already fixed that mistake and we are more happy to having you back here soon.

Erika Diaz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#8 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port

Property: Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Address: 2500 Stirling Rd, Hollywood, FL 33020-1122
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Hollywood
#11 Business Hotel in Hollywood
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport Hotel Hollywood