Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$109
$208
  • Pool
Beach Rooms Inn - Hollywood Beach(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$84
  • Beachfront
$318
$249
Travelocity
All reviewscruise portfront deskshuttle servicecomplimentary breakfasttaco bellcomplimentary shuttlethe breakfast arealauderdale airportconvenient locationstayed here for one nighthotel staffrental carliving roomfull kitchenftchipotlestirling
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Location is pretty convenient, but just stayed 1 night as we were visiting relatives in area and were disappointed at condition of hallways that had litter on carpet and the overpowering smell of frying fish too.
The room was spacious but too bad we had to smell everyone's dinner that decided to cook that night.
The door leading the parking area was not functioning properly and we had to ask other guests that were inside to let us in as the keys would not open the door. Upon asking an employee about that, we were told that the door always has problems but has not been fixed.
Also beware if you use a debit card to pay for the room as the charges may double post to your account according to the front desk attendant as we found out the hard way. Good thing the room was not a $300 per night room.....
This is also an issue that the staff is aware of but has not been remedied.
Crossing this hotel off the return traveler list.

1  Thank Mary O
Pansy G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Dear Mary O,

We regret the unfortunate circumstances you encountered during your recent stay with us. Our hotel is 50% suites and we recognize that with full kitchenettes, cooking smells tend to travel. We have addressed this issue with our team and have resolved the matter. We do hope that you will reconsider our property and give us another chance to provide you with a more perfect stay!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

We recently had a room booked at the Hyatt across the street and we pre-paid for the advance rate. When we arrived we were informed they overbooked and told us a room was waiting for us at the Hampton Inn & Suites. I wasn't a very happy person. Well, I am glad we did because the staff at this hotel is excellent. It was 11:00 PM when we arrived and we were tired and still had to return our rental car at the airport. The front desk clerk, Kyron Burnette checked us in and went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable. I was not happy when I arrived to say the least. Kryon went out of his way to make sure we were satisfied. He was so patient with us even though I was difficult at first. He is a true asset to this hotel. There was so much going on that night with the phone ringing, requests from hotel guests and people walking in and requesting rooms. He handled every situation with professionalism and grace. He was so personable and accomodating with every request. If I am ever in the Fort Lauderdale area I will make sure I reserve my room at this Hampton Inn. I will also recommend it to everyone that is traveling here. It has exceptional customer service, very nice rooms, great location and nice breakfast. I hope to see Mr. Burnette in a management position because he has the natural talent and skill set to be highly effective and successful.

Room Tip: Any room will satisfy even the pickiest traveler.
2  Thank Carrie J

Dear Carrie J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. Your experience will be shared with our entire team as we love to hear about our associates helping to overcome obstacles. We are happy that we exceeded your expectations and provided you with a genuine level of service. We will recognize Kyron in our team huddles. We are extremely proud of our staff and will certainly pass on your compliments. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed for a week with wife and 2 kids, had a king bedroom and pullout couch along with a kitchen, large room. I would recommend this hotel as we had no complaints at all. Good breakfast, friendly staff, very good service, quite, clean, overall a 5 in our books

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank donnyparks
Marie J, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear DonnyParks,

Thank you for staying with us and your wonderful comments. We appreciate your feedback and are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport South.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

This hotel is used hard and put away smokey. Not the freshest hotel around... On its side is location, It is near the airport FLL but the shuttle only runs on the hour so that increases time sitting at the airport... Has a large breakfast that had some healthy options like whole fruit and oatmeal. Over all if

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Aleta S
Pansy G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Alerta S,

We deeply apologize for the unfortunate smokey smell that you encountered during your recent stay with us. We are in the process of converting our entire hotel to non-smoking. We sincerely hope that you will return soon to see our new changes. Thank you for choosing our Hampton for your recent travels and for your feedback!

Pansy Garcia

Reviewed July 31, 2014

This is my second experience at this Hampton Inn for business purposes this calendar year and they have not disappointed me yet. Upon arrival I was greeted with a warm welcome and smile. Every employee at this location not only greeted me every time I walked passed them, but would assist me with such high hospital attitudes. They all seemed to be genuinely happy individuals. Like stated before this is my second experience staying at this specific hotel and both times I would like to state the front desk employee, Jean Marie welcomed me and remembered my name. I know this little detail is insignificant to others, but to me I felt appreciated as well as important in her eyes as a customer. She was very informative and friendly. Her coworker Juan was as well. I do recommend others to stay at this Hampton Inn location. I look forward to another business trip here.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 232kellyg
Pansy G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Hello Kelly G,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport/ South Cruise Port. We greatly appreciate the staff recognition. Both Marie and Juan have a great sense of staying connected with all our guests at all times! I will be sure to share the feedback with them both and our entire team. I appreciate your business and thank you for selecting our property while traveling on business. We look forward in accomodating you again in the very near future!

Pansy Garcia