Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We recently had a room booked at the Hyatt across the street and we pre-paid for the advance rate. When we arrived we were informed they overbooked and told us a room was waiting for us at the Hampton Inn & Suites. I wasn't a very happy person. Well, I am glad we did because the staff at this hotel is excellent. It was 11:00 PM when we arrived and we were tired and still had to return our rental car at the airport. The front desk clerk, Kyron Burnette checked us in and went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable. I was not happy when I arrived to say the least. Kryon went out of his way to make sure we were satisfied. He was so patient with us even though I was difficult at first. He is a true asset to this hotel. There was so much going on that night with the phone ringing, requests from hotel guests and people walking in and requesting rooms. He handled every situation with professionalism and grace. He was so personable and accomodating with every request. If I am ever in the Fort Lauderdale area I will make sure I reserve my room at this Hampton Inn. I will also recommend it to everyone that is traveling here. It has exceptional customer service, very nice rooms, great location and nice breakfast. I hope to see Mr. Burnette in a management position because he has the natural talent and skill set to be highly effective and successful.

Room Tip: Any room will satisfy even the pickiest traveler.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Carrie J
Pansy G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Dear Carrie J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. Your experience will be shared with our entire team as we love to hear about our associates helping to overcome obstacles. We are happy that we exceeded your expectations and provided you with a genuine level of service. We will recognize Kyron in our team huddles. We are extremely proud of our staff and will certainly pass on your compliments. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed for a week with wife and 2 kids, had a king bedroom and pullout couch along with a kitchen, large room. I would recommend this hotel as we had no complaints at all. Good breakfast, friendly staff, very good service, quite, clean, overall a 5 in our books

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank donnyparks
Marie J, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear DonnyParks,

Thank you for staying with us and your wonderful comments. We appreciate your feedback and are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport South.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

This hotel is used hard and put away smokey. Not the freshest hotel around... On its side is location, It is near the airport FLL but the shuttle only runs on the hour so that increases time sitting at the airport... Has a large breakfast that had some healthy options like whole fruit and oatmeal. Over all if

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Aleta S
Pansy G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Alerta S,

We deeply apologize for the unfortunate smokey smell that you encountered during your recent stay with us. We are in the process of converting our entire hotel to non-smoking. We sincerely hope that you will return soon to see our new changes. Thank you for choosing our Hampton for your recent travels and for your feedback!

Pansy Garcia

Reviewed July 31, 2014

This is my second experience at this Hampton Inn for business purposes this calendar year and they have not disappointed me yet. Upon arrival I was greeted with a warm welcome and smile. Every employee at this location not only greeted me every time I walked passed them, but would assist me with such high hospital attitudes. They all seemed to be genuinely happy individuals. Like stated before this is my second experience staying at this specific hotel and both times I would like to state the front desk employee, Jean Marie welcomed me and remembered my name. I know this little detail is insignificant to others, but to me I felt appreciated as well as important in her eyes as a customer. She was very informative and friendly. Her coworker Juan was as well. I do recommend others to stay at this Hampton Inn location. I look forward to another business trip here.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 232kellyg
Pansy G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Hello Kelly G,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport/ South Cruise Port. We greatly appreciate the staff recognition. Both Marie and Juan have a great sense of staying connected with all our guests at all times! I will be sure to share the feedback with them both and our entire team. I appreciate your business and thank you for selecting our property while traveling on business. We look forward in accomodating you again in the very near future!

Pansy Garcia
GM

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed at the Hampton on a business trip. Felt right at home, my room was not cleaned daily, they forgot to replace the towels one day, also the coffee and coffee filter, and the toilet kept running needed to lift the back and knock the stopper down, only difference was I couldn't kick the dog, or yell at the wife, if I stay again will bring the dog and wife with me.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Pansy G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Hello Lou F,

I appreciate your honesty and candid feedback. We understand that having a comfortable stay is important (whether for business or leisure) and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. We will be using your feedback to make improvements with our team. Please contact me directly the next time you visit Fort Lauderdale and allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The maid service was very slow and they skipped our room several nights!! However, other than housekeeping, the overall stay was pleasant. The hotel was pretty clean, the staff were beyond friendly, and the place is less than 2 miles from the beach!! :)

Stayed: July 2014
Pansy G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. We take all of our guest reviews seriously and truly sorry to hear that your room cleaning was missed. We will look into the matter closely. On another note, I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable time exploring our property and the local area. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/ South Cruise Port

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel was very convenient to the major interstate and was very close to the beaches in Ft Lauderdale The Desk Staff could not have been more accomodating it is because of them that we would return to this location.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Frances G,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so happy to know that our front desk team made you feel right at home. We are extremely proud of our staff and will certainly pass on your compliments. We look forward to seeing you soon again here at the Hampton Inn and Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport/ South Cruise Port.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#8 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port

Address: 2500 Stirling Rd, Hollywood, FL 33020-1122
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Hollywood
#11 Business Hotel in Hollywood
Price Range: $108 - $289 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport Hotel Hollywood