1,052 results
All reviews cruise port front desk shuttle service complimentary breakfast waffle maker taco bell complimentary shuttle the breakfast area separate bedroom lauderdale airport convenient location stayed here for one night housekeeping staff bed was very comfortable full kitchen ft stirling
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is probably one of the worse HX Inns I have stayed in. There were 3 rooms reserved with different hotel suppliers. The Hampton Inn only had a record of one of the rooms even though we had vouchers and I had called the day before to make sure my room was confirmed. They would gladly sell me a room for 199.00 though instead of the 119.00 I had reserved. One of the three rooms was already prepaid and they still did not honor the voucher. I ended up sharing a room with friends. Some of the beds were comfortable, others not. One person slept on the floor as his bed was too uncomfortable. The rooms were clean and the breakfast very nice. The people at the front desk were not particularly helpful except for Marie. Obviously, I would not recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Lovinguhere, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Hollywood during your recent visit to our city. I am terribly sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. Please accept our deepest apologies with the issues you encountered during your stay.

Our goal at the Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Hollywood is to please every guest every time. Please rest assured that the comments you made will be addressed with the appropriate department heads, and we will work even harder to provide you with the superior level of service you deserve if you should chose to stay with us again. If there's anything we can do to further ensure your satisfaction please let me know.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Once again, please accept our apologies.

Shonelle Boucher, AGM

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I booked three rooms for our family reunion for one night pre cruise thru Expedia. I advised that for one room we would appreciate early checkin due to our very early flight arrival time

Upon arrival at noon, I was told checkin time was 4 pm period (I realized that which is why I requested a special favor).
More distressing tho, I was told I had only one room booked! I produced my Expedia confirmation and the front desk lady said oh that's Expedia, not us. Hello?? I showed her the THREE confirmation numbers and miraculously she was able to find all three room. Also note these three rooms were paid in full!

The experience improved when the lady offered to keep our luggage until four pm check in time so we could go shopping.

Later on my father and brother called from the airport for the shuttle to pick them up. They were told there was no booking for them - they must be at another Hampton Inn. After some calls back and forth the reservation was miraculously found for the second time!

Now they arrive from the shuttle to check in and the SAME girl tells them they don't have a reservation! By this time my aged father is ready to stroke. Miraculously the reservation is found for the third time.

As it turns out, being my father and brother have the same last name, they had been booked with Junior and Senior AS THEIR LAST NAME and their actual last name as their first name ... And their first name as their middle name. This was not my error from the Expedia booking, it was the error of whoever moved the booking from Expedia to the Hamptons system. Good grief.

The next error is that my brother, Wife and three children go up to their assigned room and lone behold some one is already moved into it. Now that someone isn't very happy and neither is my brother.

So our room has five people in it, as does brothers. ( yes this is an allowable booking at this hotel). I go down to the front desk to get bedding for child number five who obviously needs a cot or at very least blankets so they can sleep on the floor. Oh dear. This is too much to ask. No cots on the premise and not sure about bedding. Well can we at least have a couple pillows? Good news, eventually they did bring up a couple blankets!

Goodness - five people booked in the room but only two towels and two face clothes. This'll be a challenge! Better ask for some more. Nope none available right now. Come back later when laundry is done. Jeepers it's nearly midnight now but ok...

Next morning, we needed to have a little private family gathering for about 45 min and asked to book the conference room. Very graciously they did let us do this at no charge. We appreciate it immensely.

Bfast was a definite downgrade from the last time we stayed here. My mom looked for yogurt and seeing none asked the bfast lady who went into the private fridge and got her one. I asked as well and she went and got me one. In other words, yogurt isn't sitting out there for you to take! We were leaving on a cruise so stuffing ourselves wasn't our goal anyway

On that note, the last time we stayed here the cruise port shuttle was free. It is now $15 which is ridiculous. Being there were 14 of us it was cheaper for us to book a private shuttle service that would guarantee our pickup time and keep us all together. If there is just two of you a taxi would be the way to go!

The hotel itself was clean enough and although our room said no smoking it must have become a no smoking room very recently. It definitely smelled of smoke.

Overall we were disappointed in our stay
The price would have to be very very right for me to return.

3  Thank jaynak

Your feedback is appreciated.

Once again, please accept our apologies.

Shonelle Boucher, AGM

Reviewed December 28, 2012

My family and I stayed here post cruise and the customer service makes the hotel worth while. We ended up back at the hotel when our flight was canceled due to the weather and the hotel was very accommodating. The front desk answered question after question and proved to be very helpful. The rooms are nice and spacious and the bathroom is huge. The breakfast space needs to be enlarged and the food could be improved upon but all in all it was worth the value not to mention the hotel is near a mall and some restaurants. It appeared that the hotel was making some renovations so perhaps greater things are on the horizon.

Room tip: If you don't have a lot of luggage choose a higher floor away from the breakfast area.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Stacia S

I just wanted to say thanks for visiting us and sharing your feedback. I’m so glad you were able to experience our warm Hamptonality. We can’t wait to see you again soon.

Shonelle Boucher
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Take the staff out of the equation and I'd give this place one star, at best. Further would recommend staying at the north airport property if you are a Hampton fan. Staff was very good, which I'd rate them at 4 stars. Check in went off without a hitch., shuttle was,very quick to the airport.

First room had a terrible bleach odor and even after letting it air out for an hour, was pretty much unlivable, so got moved to a different room. Initial room smell was strange but aired out to be okay. Breakfast was sparse, I'd rate it below Hampton standards, but maybe attributed to the renovation work ongoing. Can't say I'd stay here again. Hilton property across the street or the north airport location would be other options, as I visit the area once a quarter or so on business, and a Hilton member so stay in the family of properties. As noted in other reviews, property is dated and needs refreshing, but staff makes a large difference.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Shonelle Boucher
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed December 20, 2012

The service was great, especially nice when you check-in at 1 am. Rooms were a little tired and the breakfast area needs to be expanded. It was very cramped. Good location close to the airport if you arrive late as we did.

Date of stay: November 2012