1,032 results
All reviews cruise port front desk shuttle service complimentary breakfast taco bell complimentary shuttle the breakfast area convenient location lauderdale airport stayed here for one night housekeeping staff bed was very comfortable rental car living room full kitchen ft stirling
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My family and I stayed here post cruise and the customer service makes the hotel worth while. We ended up back at the hotel when our flight was canceled due to the weather and the hotel was very accommodating. The front desk answered question after question and proved to be very helpful. The rooms are nice and spacious and the bathroom is huge. The breakfast space needs to be enlarged and the food could be improved upon but all in all it was worth the value not to mention the hotel is near a mall and some restaurants. It appeared that the hotel was making some renovations so perhaps greater things are on the horizon.

Room Tip: If you don't have a lot of luggage choose a higher floor away from the breakfast area.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stacia S
Lovinguhere, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

I just wanted to say thanks for visiting us and sharing your feedback. I’m so glad you were able to experience our warm Hamptonality. We can’t wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Take the staff out of the equation and I'd give this place one star, at best. Further would recommend staying at the north airport property if you are a Hampton fan. Staff was very good, which I'd rate them at 4 stars. Check in went off without a hitch., shuttle was,very quick to the airport.

First room had a terrible bleach odor and even after letting it air out for an hour, was pretty much unlivable, so got moved to a different room. Initial room smell was strange but aired out to be okay. Breakfast was sparse, I'd rate it below Hampton standards, but maybe attributed to the renovation work ongoing. Can't say I'd stay here again. Hilton property across the street or the north airport location would be other options, as I visit the area once a quarter or so on business, and a Hilton member so stay in the family of properties. As noted in other reviews, property is dated and needs refreshing, but staff makes a large difference.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 20, 2012

The service was great, especially nice when you check-in at 1 am. Rooms were a little tired and the breakfast area needs to be expanded. It was very cramped. Good location close to the airport if you arrive late as we did.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank maninacarryon
Reviewed December 18, 2012

The location is close to the airport and a gas station so logistically OK. Check-in went quickly and the parking is free.
At first glance the suite looked pleasant enough. Closer observation brought into focus the well worn look of the furnishings, the stained couch cushions and the superficially "cleaned" nature of upkeep. Upon setting an empty teacup on the counter it was swarmed with miniscule ants. We were permitted a new room and discovered an unvacuumed carpet, another stained sofa and an unsavory looking bed. The duvet cover had several noticeable stains* and the sheets were really wrinkled on the poorly made bed. This lended a distinct feeling of someone being there before us...not wanting to move again we made the best of it and fled in the AM. Disappointingly, the room rate was the highest in our week of travel for the worst hotel.
*almost funny, since the signage touts that the duvet covers are washed for each guest. I hope so.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sitesea

Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Hollywood during your recent visit to our city. I am terribly sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. Please accept our deepest apologies with the issues you encountered during your stay.

Our goal at the Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Hollywood is to please every guest every time. Please rest assured that the comments you made will be addressed with the appropriate department heads, and we will work even harder to provide you with the superior level of service you deserve if you should chose to stay with us again. If there's anything we can do to further ensure your satisfaction please let me know.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Once again, please accept our apologies.

Shonelle Boucher, AGM

Reviewed December 18, 2012

The hotel was under some remodeling when I was there. It was a bit chaotic but that should end with the construction. The staff were good. The shuttle was fine. The rooms were comfortable - the suite has a separate bedroom with a door and a kitchen.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business