Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 69 Hotels in Hollywood
St Louis Mo
“Bugs and Fraud”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I discovered bed bugs the morning we checked out. We were in a first floor handicapped
room (this was not a request). The room was awful with no air conditioning. We were staying the night before a cruise. The big surprise came when we returned home and found
3 charges on our Visa statement, all to i-tunes for about $124.00. It had to have been by someone in the hotel because that was the only time we used our Visa card was for the
hotel room. I was lucky I had not opened my main suitcase so the bed bugs did not get into
my clothes.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the ground floor
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LibbyStLouisMo
Lovinguhere, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Hollywood for your pre cruise stay. I am terribly sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced. At Hampton Inn our goal is to provide every guest with an exceptional stay. We regret that our accommodations did not meet your expectations.

We do take complaints very seriously and would be looking into the issues you addressed.
I would also like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and for posting your concerns.

Once again, please accept our deepest apologies.

Managment

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Clinton, MA
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Our one bedroom suite was very comfortable and very clean, perfect for our short overnight stay. The kitchen facilities, which we did not use, would be useful for an extended stay. Good restaurants and a shopping mall were just around the corner and the airport was just a short drive away. We had a rental car and did not use the hotel shuttle. The morning breakfast was good; the exercise facility had a single stepper, bike and treadmill and not much else but they all worked.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Lovinguhere, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your most generous feedback from your recent stay with us. We are happy that we exceeded your expectations and provided you with a superior level of service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed January 17, 2012

My experience at the hotel was fine, even though it started off as a nightmare. I took the Tri-Rail train from the Miami Airport to the Ft. Lauderdale Aiport station. I called the hotel and asked for a pick-up. Even though the station was not at the airport, I knew it was on the other side of the interstate, and therefore not too far away. I arrived after dark, and the station quickly emptied. It was quite sketchy, with no one around but a couple cab drivers and some loiterers who were urinating in the distance. Needless to say, I was a bit nervous about hanging out there longer than I needed to. When I placed the call for pick-up, the gentleman said it would be 15-20 minutes. After 30 minutes of waiting, I called again, and was told the driver went to the wrong location, but was now on his way to where I was. After a few more minutes, the driver pulled in, but not to the bus/van pickup, but rather to the other end of the station. I had to run with all my luggage to flag him down. When he stopped, he began berrating me for telling them the wrong location and proceeded to throw my luggage (not so gently) into the back of the van. When I got in the van, I explaned to the driver that I specifically told the operator where I was, but the driver continued to blame me for the mix-up. Needless to say, I was quite upset about this. When I finally arrived at the hotel, the front desk staff person greated me kindly, apologized for the mix up, but didn't offer any further compensation for the harassment I received from the shuttle driver. The room was clean and spacious. The breakfast the next morning was a nightmare however. It was so crowded, that there weren't any free tables to sit at. After deciding to return to my room to eat, it was very difficult to carry the food and drink back up there. Keep in mind that you must schedule your return shuttle to the airport in advance, or they may not be able to accomodate you. Although the overall experience was ok, these details took away from the overall experience and left a sour impression at the end of an otherwise delightful vacation.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
DEAR GUEST,
It's great to hear feedback from our guests, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay! We'll do appreciate your time to fill the survey and see that you had a great time in our property.
Manila Philippines
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Although the free phone at the airport is for another Hampton Inn, I was surprised that the lady who answered did not offer to call the correct hotel on my behalf to arrange for the free shuttle pick up. Having arrived from overseas with no coins, it was good that the pay phone was free. From the moment we checked in until we left 2 days later, we found the staff to be extremely friendly and efficient. Large, quiet room, with equally large, well equipped bathroom, flat screen TV and comfortable bed. The inclusive breakfast was quite good, though some of the hot food looked like it had been manufactured at some far away food processing factory. Too bad also about the paper plates. Free coffee and juice on tap in the lobby throughout the day. Extensive shopping centre close by, although the only restaurant we found in the vicinity was your typical American diner. (no complaints)

All in all, great value for money and apparently a better experience than some of our fellow cruisers who had stayed at 5* beach hotels.

1 Thank Kevin C
DEAR GUEST,
Ottawa
Reviewed January 10, 2012

We picked this hotel for the holidays (22 Dec to 3 Jan) based on the good reviews and fair price. Admitting that the hotel was pretty much sold-out, we were not disappointed by the friendly staff and the rooms but they keep running-out of food and tables for breakfast, if you did not show-up very early. The pool area was also a big disappointment, specially compared with the hotel next door. Considering the superb weather, it would have been nice to be able to sit outside around the pool to enjoy breakfast but the deck is too small. We would agree that it’s a great hotel for short stay but would stay away for longer ones.

1 Thank Legion32
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed January 7, 2012

My family rented a suite and a regular room for two nights each. We were very pleased that we picked this hotel from tripadvisor recommendations. It is close to the interstate, the FLL airport, the beach and SunLife Stadium. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and quite helpful. The complimentary breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Hello there and thanks so much for taking a moment to fill out a nice review on Trip Advisor for my hotel. We enjoy hearing our guests comments! I am very happy that you enjoyed our service provided to you by our associates. We love having you here! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to Fort Lauderdale

Aventura, Florida
Reviewed January 6, 2012

When my husband and I arrived in the USA, we lived in this hotel for two months, it's an amazing hotel, you can actually feel like home, it's warm and confortable. The bed is the best, OMG! The bedroom is big, the bath too. The staff is friendly not just for me that lived there, I saw that was for everyone. The breakfast have all the options that you could wish for you morning. Good wifi too.

2 Thank Danicaetanooo
Dear guest Hope all is well. Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We love hearing about your experiences at my hotel. I am Delighted to hear that you were very happy with our service. My staff works awfully hard to ensure our guests are happy! I wish family a happy year and do hope to see soon your next trip to FLORIDA!

Erika Diaz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#8 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Margaritaville Beach Resort
Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port

Property: Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Address: 2500 Stirling Rd, Hollywood, FL 33020-1122
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Hollywood
#11 Business Hotel in Hollywood
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport Hotel Hollywood