New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach

Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Ranked #16 of 69 Hotels in Hollywood
Florida
“Nice stay and at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel based on the reviews on Tripadvisor and are glad we stayed here. This was a really nice hotel and was well situated around many places to eat. The rooms were big, very clean and had a nice kitchen area with a refrigerator and microwave. The pool was very nice and the hotel staff was extremely helpful and polite. Yes, we all hate to pay to park, but the valet guys were super! The beach was only a 5 minute walk. If you have to stay in Hollywood or are going to the Hard Rock to gamble or see an event, save yourself a lot of money and stay here.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tana F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear ComputerDee,

Wow! Thank you for all your wonderful compliments of our staff's customer service.
We are thrilled to know you enjoyed your vacation with us and look forward to seeing you soon. Have a great holiday season!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
Kinnelon, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I will start with the bad because I feel they must seriously look into these costs. The parking cost is excessive and should not be charged to hotel guests at all nevermind $17 a day! Also the drinks out by the pool are ridiculously overpriced but more than that the 18% gratutuity added to every drink is the real problem. I am a generous tipper however that just got me angrey.
Now the good....The pool overlooking the waterway is beautiful and feels like an oasis with palm trees all around. The rooms were great and very large. The sink in actually in the main room and not the bathroom which is a little strange but loved the room. The balcony had beautiful views. Had a fantastic time and will be back but would love if the parking and automatic gratuity would be dealt with by hotel!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DebZ0313
Dear Deb0313,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate you mentioning the cost of parking and gratuity as areas we can improve. We will be sure to discuss this with our management team for further action. However, it's a pleasure to know that overall you enjoyed your stay and will be staying with us in the near future. We look forward to welcoming back to Hollywood soon!
Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Made reservation on a 3rd party site and when I arrived at the hotel, the room I requested wasn't showing as available. After voicing my issues with the front desk, Akeelia came to the rescue and made sure I received what I requested. The level of service she provided allowed my trip to start off on the right foot, get the room I wanted and make my level of satisfaction very high. The room, hotel and amenities were all good and I would stay again. The room service was prompt, courteous and professional. Thank you all for making my stay enjoyable!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tana F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Phil A,

We are pleased to know we were able to make your business trip a bit more pleasurable!
Thank you so much for sharing this great review with us. We appreciate your feedback and the special mention on Akeelia. She is truly a gem and we will be sure to recognize her for providing you with unforgettable service. Again, thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is a really wonderful place to stay. The entire staff we met were very nice and friendly. The rooms were large and have a refrigerator and microwave, they were modern and very clean. The pool area is really spacious and they have a really large infinity edge pool and nice hot tub. The only negative I had was the hallway carpet was worn and could use replacement. The hotel is located across a busy street from the beach, but only takes 5 minutes to walk from front door to the beach.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Palmtreelover_12
Dear Palmtreelover_12,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share this review with us. We are so pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed your vacation in Hollywood. We look forward to seeing you all the next time you’re in town from Baltimore. The winter is quickly approaching so another Hollywood vacation may be necessary. :)
Thank you again for your time!
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed here for 7 days having spent 12 days in other Crowne Plaza hotels in Florida (Orlando - Universal Studios & Tampa).

In comparsion to the other 2 hotels, this was the poorest we stayed at. Got the impression that this hotel wants to maximise the money it extracts from its guests.

Starting with parking - (having gone to Universal Studios & Disney in Orlando I thought $16 and $15 respectiely was a rip off) this hotel charges $19 for Valet parking and $17(plus tax) for self parking - whereas, although the valet parking charge is in line with Crowne Plaza Orlando ($20) and Crowne Plaza Tampa ($18) both of the other hotels offer free self parking. I note that whenever parking charges are raised this Hotel's standard response is that the charges are in line with other hotels in Hollywood Beach (are the hotels operating a parking charge cartel?) - just because other hotels choose to fleece their guests over parking charges doesn't make it right for Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach to fleece its guests for parking - particularly when the parking is on the Hotel's property!

On our first evening we ate in the Hotel's restaurant. There were not many guests in the restaurant - 4 tables max. We ordered meals and our server, instead of bringing Steak & Fries as ordered by 1 of us brought Chicken & mash! With two servers for four tables how can the guy be that incompetant? The result was that 1 of us ate our Entree whilst the other waited for his steak to be cooked. To add insult to injury, added to the bill was a compulsory 18% service charge. This appalling service did not warrent even a 1% tip. I have no problem in tipping for good service but I really object to this "tax" which applies regardless of the standard of service delivered. I passed by the restaurant on many evenings - not surprised the restaurant was virtually empty on each occassion. Prices are higher here than both the Crowne Plazas in Orlando & Tampa. Needless to say, we did not eat here again.

In complete contrast, the service we received at breakfast was excellent - particular mention for Jackie for her friendly professional service.

Thw one excellent aspect of this hotel is its situation overlooking the inland waterway and the execellent swimming pool. One drawback - price of drinks at pool bar is excessive - one white wine and one rum & coke cost over $20. Fortunately, Walmart has a store about 5 mins away (across the drawbidge on Hallendale Blvd) where a decent bottle of wine costs well below the cost the hotel charges for a glass!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Peter D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that the parking charges were an inconvenience during your stay. Unfortunately, those fees are standard at hotels in this area along the beach-side. Regarding the gratuity in the restaurant, we will be sure to share your comments with our Food and beverage team and see where there is room for improvement. We greatly appreciate your mention on Jackie's services. She is truly a gem and we'll be sure to share your compliment with her. Again, thank you for sharing this informative review with us. We hope to see you in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is our fourth stay. Friendly hotel staff. Convenient self-parking or valet. Pleasant lobby with LIVE plants all over. I know, because the plants I wasn't sure were live, I touched. They were. Even the floral arrangements on the front desk were freshly cut and beautiful. I know because I touched them, too!! Room was good size. Balcony. Fridge, microwave, clothes closet AND luggage closet where ironing board was. Terry robes. Quiet. Temperature control was easy and quiet. The hallways were so thickly carpeted that you did NOT hear millions of suitcases rolling to their rooms at all hours. Good grip bar on shower wall. A no-slip bath tub bottom. We ate breakfast there every day. (not in the bath tub, but in hotel's restaurant ;-)) Again, friendly service. Now for the BEST part: outdoors pool-side was well-designed. If you didn't go across the street to the beach, you didn't miss terribly much, because the hotel's wave pool (wavy??), abundance of palm trees and other green plantings, was designed so beautifully that relaxing was easy. The pool winds all around, so kids can do their thing and you can be at another part of the pool, undisturbed. Of course we ordered snacks and libations while enjoying the views! The hotel is on a canal/waterway so you get the water view, and a drawbridge a quarter mile away, makes for interesting viewing when one of the big pleasure boats comes by.

Room Tip: Ask for a room seventh floor and above facing the waterway. Ask for a room not facing the road.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tana F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear musicmuse2,

First of all, thank you for your loyalty to us!
We are pleased to know how much you and your family enjoyed you stay with us, once again. Your feedback on our staff services and our hotel are much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you all back to Hollywood real soon. Thank you again for your time.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I really don't have anything nice to say about this place. Its very lack luster and depressing in my opinion. The room just didn't feel clean. The mattresses were horrible ! Cheap and thin, just bad. The carpets could use a good shampoo. The ice bucket was dirty inside. The front desk person that checked me in could use a vitamin B injection to put some life back into him . I came back to the Hotel one night and forgot to get a bottle of water, yes 7-Eleven is a block or two away but I was already in the Hotel and they have a little store type place there in the lobby with a fridge full of drinks. I asked the front desk attendant ( same man that checked us in ) if I could purchase a bottle of water. Now the fridge filled with drinks was right in front of us and he said NO because they were closed ????? Really??? I asked if they had a restaurant to which he replied "Yes" and motioned to me with his extended arm "Over There"... Nevermind ,I figured I'd just go to one of the vending machines on the floor. BIG MISTAKE! I went to three different floors and walked down LONG hallways on each floor only to find out that NONE OF THEM WERE WORKNG ! Do you think they could have posted a sign saying that there were out of order and save you the long walk? By this time I was parched! Figured I'd just fill the ice bucket in the room and suck on some ice..NOPE Ice bucket was dirty and had food particles inside..Ughh Need I say more? .. Save yourself. There are so many Hotels on Sunny Isles just a hop, skip and a jump away thats where I ended up my next trip there and was very happy that I did !

Room Tip: Good Luck in finding one there ..Make sure its clean before you unpack !
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Diana C,

Thank you very much for sharing this review with us.
It is unfortunate to hear know that you were not satisfied with our hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback on where there is room for improvement. Please feel free to contact us at sales@cphollywoodbeach.com directly should you like to discuss this further. Thank you again for your time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Hollywood Beach Marriott
Caribbean Resort by the Ocean
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
Casa Pellegrino Boutique Hotel
Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton

Been to Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!